What's new

Bangladesh’s example: Give secularism, tolerance a chance in Pakistan

It is useless to compare Pakistan and Bangladesh as the two countries are extremely different. I wish the best for our Bengali brothers but we are an extremely diverse country. Trying to compare a homogenous society like Bangladesh where 98% of the population is Bengali with Pakistan where we have at least a dozen significant ethnic groups is pointless. Malaysia is an extremely diverse country and we should model ourselves on them.

Secularism ??? No thanks. Give tolerance a chance! We don't need secularism!!

And why not? Secularism is just the belief that no one group has its head too far up where the sun don't shine. Everyone is equal and everyone has as much a stake in the state as the next person. How would you feel if you were a Hindu or Christian living in an explicitly Islamic state, feeling like an outsider, an unwanted person? And BD is secular anyway, to a large degree, so you cant even make those comments of "We Dont need secularism"

Change your flag. You are using a wrong flag. N no hatred in my heart for Pakistan but it is their mess up policy specially its military n its leader. If Pakistan does not overcome with it... only god can save Pakistan.

Dear - Whatever will happen or is happening in Pakistan is the headache of Pakistanis, Why you are so much worried about Pakistan?

lol we bangladeshis don't need secularism. Religious bonds transcends man-made boundaries and united India is a proof of
hindu brotherhood. We have tons of W.bengalis here on PDF and we all know how they view the concept united BD.:lol: Secular united
bengal is a myth and our former leaders like AK Fazlul Haq understood that and put forward the lahore resolution. It was
because of Naive bigots like you that we ended up with a boxed up country but even after that we were doing quite well
until your bigoted party BAL screwed us up once again.

Lahore proposal was put forward with a condition (from Fazlul Haq) that Bengal will never divided. Entire Bengal + Assam will join Pakistan or NO Pakistan. But Bigots like you made everything screwed up specially when Biharis joined the bandwagon.

Hold your horses IaJdani! Almost every west bengali wanted to Join India, so this Akhand Bengal was a wet dream!

Hold your horses IaJdani! Almost every west bengali wanted to Join India, so this Akhand Bengal was a wet dream!

Thts not correct. The elites of WB knew that they will loose everything in East Bengal. Still there were a lot of rooms for consensus. Its Nazimudding and gong and bigots killed that idea. Why Hindus want to join a Islamic Republic? You have to give them the assurance that their Religion will be given equal status as Islam in the newly formed country.

....So far the future projection that has been made by citi bank Pakistan will be no where near Bangladesh in 2-4 decades term even if Pakistan does not split into more pieces.

What about if Bangladesh disappear in sea??????

Look - Normally i don't have anything to do with Bangladeshis and i am happy that you are not no longer part of Pakistan. So, stop using Pakistan to get attention, fact is that Bangladesh has no significance for Pakistan.

Lahore proposal was put forward with a condition (from Fazlul Haq) that Bengal will never divided. Entire Bengal + Assam will join Pakistan or NO Pakistan. But Bigots like you made everything screwed up specially when Biharis joined the bandwagon.

You actually don't know a $hit about history. W.Bengalis always identify themselves as indians.
It was in the bengal provincial assembly that the Babus of w.bengal wanted to join the indian
union and advocated the partition of bengal. The W.bengal are not thickheaded secular believers
like you and wanted to stay with their N.indian hindu brothers. First read the partition of bengal
and then come here and spout awami infested non-sense.

From Partition of Bengal (1947) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As per the plan, on 20 June 1947, the members of the Bengal Legislative Assembly cast three separate votes on the proposal to partition Bengal:

-In the joint session of the house, composed of all the members of the Assembly, the division of the joint session of the House stood at 126 votes against and 90 votes for joining the existing Constituent Assembly (i.e., India)

-Then the members of the Muslim-majority areas of Bengal in a separate session passed a motion by 106-35 votes against partitioning Bengal and instead joining a new Constituent Assembly (i.e., Pakistan) as a whole.

-This was followed by the separate meeting of the members of the non-Muslim-majority areas of Bengal who by a division of 58-21 voted for partition of the province.

Under the Mountbatten Plan, a single majority vote in favour of partition by either notionally divided half of the Assembly would have decided the division of the province, and hence the house proceedings on 20 June resulted in the decision to partition Bengal. This set the stage for the creation of West Bengal as a province of the Union of India and East Bengal as a province of the Dominion of Pakistan.

And why not? Secularism is just the belief that no one group has its head too far up where the sun don't shine. Everyone is equal and everyone has as much a stake in the state as the next person. How would you feel if you were a Hindu or Christian living in an explicitly Islamic state, feeling like an outsider, an unwanted person? And BD is secular anyway, to a large degree, so you cant even make those comments of "We Dont need secularism"

Come to BD and you would know what Bangladeshis think about secularism. Muslims don't need secularism and muslims are born
secular. And yes we bangladeshis don't need secularism to please the agenda of next door dadas.

You actually don't know a $hit about history. W.Bengalis always identify themselves as indians.
It was in the bengal provincial assembly that the Babus of w.bengal wanted to join the indian
union and advocated the partition of bengal. The W.bengal are not thickheaded secular believers
like you and wanted to stay with their N.indian hindu brothers. First read the partition of bengal
and then come here and spout awami infested non-sense.

From Partition of Bengal (1947) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As per the plan, on 20 June 1947, the members of the Bengal Legislative Assembly cast three separate votes on the proposal to partition Bengal:

-In the joint session of the house, composed of all the members of the Assembly, the division of the joint session of the House stood at 126 votes against and 90 votes for joining the existing Constituent Assembly (i.e., India)

-Then the members of the Muslim-majority areas of Bengal in a separate session passed a motion by 106-35 votes against partitioning Bengal and instead joining a new Constituent Assembly (i.e., Pakistan) as a whole.

-This was followed by the separate meeting of the members of the non-Muslim-majority areas of Bengal who by a division of 58-21 voted for partition of the province.

Under the Mountbatten Plan, a single majority vote in favour of partition by either notionally divided half of the Assembly would have decided the division of the province, and hence the house proceedings on 20 June resulted in the decision to partition Bengal. This set the stage for the creation of West Bengal as a province of the Union of India and East Bengal as a province of the Dominion of Pakistan.

Come to BD and you would know what Bangladeshis think about secularism. Muslims don't need secularism and muslims are born
secular. And yes we bangladeshis don't need secularism to please the agenda of next door dadas.

Fact of the matter you dont understand the history as you are bone headed.

Ofcourse they voted in favor of India. Who the fck want to join a Islamic Republic being a Hindu?

Fact of the matter you dont understand the history as you are bone headed.

Ofcourse they voted in favor of India. Who the fck want to join a Islamic Republic being a Hindu?

And who the fck would want to join a muslim majority BD. Its pretty clear who's is the bone headed one.

And who the fck would want to join a muslim majority BD. Its pretty clear who's is the bone headed one.

You proved it again yor kind... !!! Muslim majority means nothing if that part get rid of bigots and move to modernization. Anybody will join. I seen millions of Muslim and Hindus lines up in front of American Kaffir embassy.

You proved it again yor kind... !!! Muslim majority means nothing if that part get rid of bigots and move to modernization. Anybody will join. I seen millions of Muslim and Hindus lines up in front of American Kaffir embassy.

Muslims are already modernized and if by modernization you mean open sex, drugs, open gay parade, teen age sex, rapes, then
no thanks, we bangladeshis don't need that kind of modernization. Stay there in US and enjoy your secular life, don't come to
screw us every now and then.

The word F*ck has lost it's significance as a Slang this days,
almost the same as saying "Hello" to someone, so are the A holes.
The queen of England is gone so is her empire, you guys are blabbering for nothing.

In our history of 800 yrs being muslims we had connections with Pakistsn for merely
22 years which historically speaking is quite insignificant. We are better off being
what we are and so is the case with them.

What about if Bangladesh disappear in sea??????

Look - Normally i don't have anything to do with Bangladeshis and i am happy that you are not no longer part of Pakistan. So, stop using Pakistan to get attention, fact is that Bangladesh has no significance for Pakistan.
Yes and Pakistan has no significance for Bangladesh either.We were lucky enough that we got separated,and i wish good luck to your country and people.

Back
Top Bottom