What's new

Bangladesh procuring FC-1 fighter aircraft from china

Bangladesh can get the aircraft in two months.

It could be in China's stockpile.

Bangladesh can get the aircraft in two months.

It could be in China's stockpile.

Well we are not in a hurry and not going to war tomorrow. BAF first need to make their mind as they are sitting with the money that was given to them a year ago.

The website you looked into is fake.

"Future Modernization Program:
"BAF has an ongoing modernization program that includes plan to introduce 16 x F-7BG Air Guard aircraft for FOB at Cox's Bazar, one Squadron of MiG-29 and 2 state of the art Air Defence Radar within 2012. BAF will also include SAM to strenghthen the ground based air-defence throughout the country. The formation of an Air Regiment, which will be responsible for the defence of the airforce bases is also on progress. The BAF has also been suggested as one of the candidate customers for the JF-17 Thunder Aircraft Program."
Source: Bangladesh Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I am not a great fan of wikipedia since anyone can edit information on it. But the fact that BAF is procuring more Fulcrums seems valid, since Hasina government is known to procure military aircraft from time to time, specifically from Russia.

A total number of 14 combat ready Fulcrums (excluding the two trainer versions) will be entering service as of 2011. That means 2 new Fulcrums were ordered. There were originally 12 in service, including the UB versions.
Colors of the MiG-29. Mikoyan & Gurevich MiG-29 camouflage and painting schemes. European countries, Russia. MiG-29, MiG-29OVT, MiG-29SMT, MiG-35

As far as the JF-17 goes, BAF has only been considered a "candidate" for it.

I might be wrong about the numbers. We can't say for sure just how many Fulcrums the BAF currently operates.

India even offered help to upgrade the Fulcrums.
ASIAN DEFENCE: India Offers Upgrade Bangladeshi MiG-29 Jet and Mi-17 helicopters

Don't know what happened after that.

Relations between Military of Bangladesh and the Hasina government are not very good at the moment.

The Fulcrums are also rarely seen in the skies. Trust me, I live very close to an airstrip of Dhaka's main airport.

b40f3669-ef3e-4224-8c25-e6356d38d9e3.Large.jpg

But you have admit, it is truly majestic to see it fly.

Sorry boys, the JF-17 has to wait :)

"The Bangladesh Army is interested in procurement of the Type 96G variant as part of its third generation Main Battle Tank (MBT) programme. Personnel from the Bangladesh Army Armoured Corps and Engineering Corps have been sent to China for evaluation. Recently the Bangladesh Army has decided to procure Type 96G tanks. 7 Type 96G tanks will be entering service for evaluation purpose followed by more as part of Main Battle Tank modernisation programme. Bangladesh Army has already decided to upgrade its existing 300 Type 59/59II tanks to Type 59G's which is basically Type-96 tank in Type-59G body. It will be considerably easy for the army to maintain and modernise Type 96G and Type 59G tank since they share similar technology and parts."
Type 96 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like we have a winner for the third generation tank program in the Bangladesh Army.
type_96_l6.jpg

Bangladesh Navy:
Bangladesh Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of April,2010 the rapid modernization program of BN involves order of:
2x F-22B guided missile frigate (China),
2x large patrol craft/missile corvette (China),
1x Hydrographic Survey ship (Indigenous),
1x Fleet Replenishment Oil Tanker (Indigenous),
2x LCU (Indigenous),
1x Salvage ship (Indigenous),
12x Patrol boats -Indigenous,
3x Harbin Z-9C Anti-Submarine helicopter (China),
C-802 ASM missiles for 3 frigate and 4 missile boats (China),
Otomat Mk.2 Blk IV for BNS Bangabandhu (EU),
FM-90N SAM for 3 frigates (China) - already fitted onboard BNS BANGABANDHU.

F-22B guided missile frigate:
F-22P-frigates.jpg

Large patrol craft/missile corvette:
type022_01.jpg

69734215008d57d03ddf03ea605b632448e62d4.jpg

Apparently, discussions of further procurements are ongoing.

Apart from the procurement of the JF-17, it appears much of the info posted are valid to some extent.

why BD select junk? what happen to f-18 for BDAF?
as BD members claim in this thread
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ir-force-sends-pilots-training-f-18-jets.html

Reports of BD pilots undergoing training to fly F-18s don't seem valid. One only goes under training to fly F-18s only IF they are going to buy it. Remember, training costs a lot of money and time. No point in training if one is not going to buy the damn thing.

The F-18 is way too expensive for Bangladesh.

But then, we never know. Information about the BAF are somewhat often speculative.

Bangladesh should plan to get them. Gr8 !

But who is selling ? Pakistan or China.

Is the source reliable ?

If the name tag says it is FC-1, then it is Chinese. Same or similar aircraft now being built in Pakistan is called jf-17. jf stand for Joint Fighter.

The website you looked into is fake.

"Future Modernization Program:
"BAF has an ongoing modernization program that includes plan to introduce 16 x F-7BG Air Guard aircraft for FOB at Cox's Bazar, one Squadron of MiG-29 and 2 state of the art Air Defence Radar within 2012. BAF will also include SAM to strenghthen the ground based air-defence throughout the country. t BAF is procuring more Fulcrums
As far as the JF-17 goes, BAF has only been considered a "candidate" for it.

Sorry boys, the JF-17 has to wait :)

But china ceased the production of F7 BG long ago..2008 may be. They are unable to deliver 16 f7bg . Thats why china itself requested BD to choose fc-1.. Are you sure the site is fake?? I do think this site is operated by someone who is closely linked to Bangladesh military... My common sense tells me we are going to see fc-1 in BAF inventory soon. . Yes Bangladesh will also procure additional mig29. But that is another topic. . They need urgently multirole aircraft for CoxsBazar base. . And that is most probably fc-1 if f-7 is not gettable.. And i have heard from many source f-7BG is out of production..

But china ceased the production of F7 BG long ago..2008 may be. They are unable to deliver 16 f7bg . Thats why china itself requested BD to choose fc-1.. Are you sure the site is fake?? I do think this site is operated by someone who is closely linked to Bangladesh military... My common sense tells me we are going to see fc-1 in BAF inventory soon. . Yes Bangladesh will also procure additional mig29. But that is another topic. . They need urgently multirole aircraft for CoxsBazar base. . And that is most probably fc-1 if f-7 is not gettable.. And i have heard from many source f-7BG is out of production..

I don't think the website is credible to be honest. And yes, CAC ceased production of the F-7 back in 2008. It's a very old and outdated design.

After some fact finding, I am not sure if the FC-1 is even technically feasible. The reason why I say this is because I find it unusual that it uses C++ programming, which is mostly for civilian/commercial uses. It is a low-end fighter at best. I generally oppose having large numbers cheap aircraft. Any air force should go for the best out there, not the second best.

Coxs Bazar already has a bunch of F-7s and a few MIGs if I am not mistaken. It'll do for now I think, but they must be replaced at some point. And I'd be more than happy if those crappy MIGs are replaced.

I think it is best if we wait for the J-10 and J-11, both are highly capable aircraft. The J-10 is in some aspects is superior to the F-16 export variants and a formidable dog-fighter, while the J-11 should be able to benchmark the F-15. BAF should especially go for the ones that have AESA radar.

And if money isn't a problem, then go for Rafale or EFT. But then, there would be Indian pressure against this.

It is very crucial that Bangladesh military works closely with the PLA and other Chinese arms companies on a commercial basis. They can gain good technical knowledge. Bangladesh have some of the best flight engineers the world has to offer. These should also be reflected in foreign policy. If our foreign policy goes in line with India and USA, we'll end paying a high price.

Reports of BD pilots undergoing training to fly F-18s don't seem valid. One only goes under training to fly F-18s only IF they are going to buy it. Remember, training costs a lot of money and time. No point in training if one is not going to buy the damn thing.

But then, we never know. Information about the BAF are somewhat often speculative.

There were several pictures of BAF pilots undergoing training on F-18 fighters in some unnamed US military base. I'll post those pictures on here if I get them.

There you go my friend...

n533893218_2087530_9078.jpg

tudm9.jpg

1.jpg

i think it is more like training F18 there is even F16 i guess
i think it is both training and also that we wanted to buy it

There you go my friend...

tudm9.jpg

Those are Malaysian pilots. The RMAF already operates the F-18.

But thanks for proving that BAF pilots went for training in the F-18s.

My guess is that the US might even donate F-18s after they replace them with F-35s. Hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom