What's new

Bangladesh obtains 2nd position in sanitation coverage in South Asia: UNICE

Great Work Bangaldesh . We can learn from them a lot here , even after having low GDP they have achieved it . Dont mind Indian Members criticizing you . They are oxymorons . Great work Bangladesh Nonetheless.

We should ask bangladeshi/lankan relevent organizations/NGOs as to how they solve the sanitation problem. We need to learn from each other.

Congratualtions Bangladesh!

Is the progress attributed to awareness campaign?

Yes and both government & private initiative. In Bangladesh huge number of private NGO's are active in the ground level to work on these low income people which eventually helped to improve not only sanitation situation but also helped to reduce poverty, woman empowerment, improve health condition and literacy rate specially among woman. Bangladesh is the only country in south asia where now woman enrollment rate is higher then male.

Congratualtions Bangladesh!

Is the progress attributed to awareness campaign?

I think govt provide subsidized latrines...
Also women education played a great role to it.

We should ask bangladeshi/lankan relevent organizations/NGOs as to how they solve the sanitation problem. We need to learn from each other.

Reach out to the women.. they are the most sensitive when it comes to sanitation and latrines.

What is the source of this news? Can't find it on Unicef page or any other major news portal.

Anyway congrats if it's true.

Let alone saying congratulation I was expecting at least some appreciation by the Indian member for the achievement of Bangladesh. :lol:

Always good day come on the next day or some other day. Dnt be sad. Keep up your hard work. Within a decade I am sure India will reach what Bangladesh has achieved in this regard so far :).

They are proud they achieved nuke...that's all for them, peoples' health is bullsh$t :azn: .

Good work bangladeshi govt ..from 2003 to 2012 great progress

Awarenes, thats the trick (the same way India eradicated polio and controlled AIDS and improved child school enrolment rates). In India govt provides money for toilets, yet people do not want it. More people have mobiles than toilets.

Awareness is the key, I do not know why the govt does not do better than they have. After all its not just because it does not look nice, but because it also leads to health issues and environmental damage too.

Of course I understand its easier in a smaller country - look at SL for example.

Any case, good going BD. But really you guys should not bring India into everything then also open threads complaining about Indians in BD section. Take your pick, we can more than ,match you in any option you choose :P

They are proud they achieved nuke...that's all for them, peoples' health is bullsh$t :azn: .

If you think we Indians are not concerned about improving our lives in all spheres of life, then I do not wish to educate you. But if you insist on making a fool of yourself, then let me tell you India's average life expectancy is still better than you.

Good work bangladeshi govt ..from 2003 to 2012 great progress

Ya I still remember then Finance Minister Mr. Saifur Rahman who said that it was the national shame and mobilized a huge money. He is dead now, he must had been the happiest man seeing this number now.

Back
Top Bottom