What's new

Bangladesh Navy's submarine procurement program

Isn't the harpoon similar to c803?

Comparable, yes.

Though, it'd be difficult and costly to try to put Chinese or Russian weapons on an American platform. Heck, the Americans may not even allow it.

We do have to Otomat though, which is NATO compatible.

well, no. They will carry Chinese weapons... After Refurbishment in USA it will be sent to China...

BN had to use western techs on South Korean Frigate which was costly... They are not doing it anymore while all other ships use Chinese armaments.....

mmm...very surprised to hear O.O

Comparable, yes.

Though, it'd be difficult and costly to try to put Chinese or Russian weapons on an American platform. Heck, the Americans may not even allow it.

We do have to Otomat though, which is NATO compatible.

mmm...very surprised to hear O.O

I am not sure btw... But I read it somewhere BN doesnt want to waste money on any other ship which they did on BNS BB/KBW....

Most probably FM90 and C802...

It will look like this

p_001.jpg

Its a huge ship btw

WHEC726_08-10_18848-125-6.jpg

@kobiraaz : The US is decommissioning its OHP Class Missile Friagtes; Turkey is operating quite a few of them (8 I think) & received 2 just a few days ago. Pakistan operates one.

Why don't you guys look into the remaining OHPs too ? (I think they're around 12 of them remaining awaiting decommissioning !)

well Bro, BD Military is China Centric...The future is completely intermingled.. As BD is trying to build its own Navy and Aero Industry with China's Help..... So it will not Go anywhere else if old Frigates ( carrying C802) are available from China.. we are buying USCG ships because US is trying to give those away in very low price to countries like Philippine, Nigeria and Bangladesh....

Last edited by a moderator:
@Loki yeah sure now, US will not give any combat system and weapon... it will come as Empty ship with Engine....

p.s. if BN likes it, more will come.....

well Bro, BD Military is China Centric...The future is completely intermingled.. As BD is trying to build its own Navy and Aero Industry with China's Help..... So it will not Go anywhere else if old Frigates ( carrying C802) are available from China.. we are buying USCG ships because US is trying to give those away in very low price to countries like Philippine, Nigeria and Bangladesh....

Not to mention their naval weapons are generally low-cost, get favorable financing options from the Chinese and at least gets the job done.

American weapons are good, but very expensive and come with plenty of political strings that may ultimately become counter-productive for a small nation with a limited budget allocated on defense.

Can't say much about the air force since it appears we are going for Russian stuff.

why are you flaming ? quit trolling

post reported

for unnecessary attempts to flame

i didnt notice you are from 2006.... Congratz PDF dadu

Not to mention their naval weapons are generally low-cost, get favorable financing options from the Chinese and at least gets the job done.

American weapons are good, but very expensive and come with plenty of political strings that may ultimately become counter-productive for a small nation with a limited budget allocated on defense.

Can't say much about the air force since it appears we are going for Russian stuff.

most probably because J10 and JF17 both are not ready yet... Russia was the only option as BAF was looking for time tested AC.

People this is Bangladesh Navy's submarine procurement program Thread not BN Frigates Thread.

okays... Apparently (from other forums) BD navy was negotiating Song class, But they have decided to Buy Type 035G Submarine.... China has 17 of these submarines active today... any other submarine ( mentioned by you and @Armstrong ) would not come cheaper than these chines subs....

i didnt notice you are from 2006.... Congratz PDF dadu
@genmirajborgza786 : Dadu ! :blink:

Bhai mein tou sunna thaa ke aaap abhii jawan hain ? :undecided:

most probably because J10 and JF17 both are not ready yet... Russia was the only option as BAF was looking for time tested AC.

J-10Bs are very good platforms - Go for them !

JF-17 - Probably a better choice of the two if you're short on funds & still want quality platform to replace the older ones !

And they're both ready & mature except their engines which the Chinese are working on ! But you could always use the Russian ones like we do ! :tup:

Or better yet if you've got the funds & the possibility of making it happen : Go for 2 squadron of F-16 Block 52s like we did ! They are a beauty...an absolute beauty !

Surely if the Americans can sell us then they could sell you too I mean we're the ones they've got a beef with..whereas the relations with you guys are pretty good.

P.S the OHPs come at cut-price costs too why do you think Pakistan got them ? :azn:

okays... Apparently (from other forums) BD navy was negotiating Song class, But they have decided to Buy Type 035G Submarine.... China has 17 of these submarines active today... any other submarine ( mentioned by you and @Armstrong ) would not come cheaper than these chines subs....

Yup but they provide much better value for money ! :tup:

The Agosta 90Bs along with TOT & Ammo cost us around $775 million in '94. Perhaps thats equivalent of (say!) $1.2 billion in 2012; thats probably $400 million per platform !

Now were you to buy Agosta 90s (from the Spaniards) without any additional upgrades like we did & without TOT that should probably cost you less than half of that (say!) $150 million per boat if not less than that.

We could train you guys & perhaps even upgrade it further if enough skills has been accrued from the TOT !

A90 would be much cheaper relatively then buying brand new one it is 20-22 Years old. A New A90B was $225M approximately includes everything that Pakistan paid for each Agosta 90B. I Think the French A90 should not cost more than $80M and refurbishment-upgrades as much as say $90M-$100M, I think $180M is good enough for a capable SSK submarine.

You want indians to keep guessing its capabilities A90 is the Answer. Or Ming Class is the option but I still maintain Ming Class is no match for A90B.

dunno, though they bought Ex Royal navy patrol ships before and bought USS used frigate recently... China is our best option... why should we go to them when China is there??

China won't allow Bangladesh to get their hands on their latest genre of diesel electric submarines, because being in proximity to India, the sonar signature of the newer submarines can be tracked, recorded and referenced for future actions.

Back
Top Bottom