What's new

Bangladesh Navy

When did they arrive? Did Sheikh Hasina made any public appearance regarding this? Did any news channel broadcast it? Did any newspaper published it?

Banglaesh don't exactly have a thing where they annouce all procured equipment,we all know that we have PLZ-45 BUT did Sheikh hasina make any public appearance about them?NO and neither did the news channel.

As far as the two frigates go,it maybe going through a sea trial in Bangladesh and there will probably be an induction when the BNS Somodru Joy arrives and gets re-armed.

"EXCLUSIVE ECONOMIC ZONE (EEZ) PROTECTION COURSE’ JOINTLY ORGANIZED BY BANGLADESH NAVY AND UK ROYAL NAVY CONCLUDES

The closing ceremony of `Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) Protection Course’ jointly organized by Bangladesh Navy and UK Royal Navy held at Radius Centre, Gulsan in the city on Wednesday (04-07-2013). Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Personnel) Commodore Mohammad Makbul Hossain, psc as chief guest and UK High Commissioner appointed in Bangladesh HE Mr Robert Winington Gibson as special guest distributed certificates among the course participants.

In a short speech the chief guest said, ‘The coordinated efforts are required to be taken by maritime agencies to protect, exploit and best utilize of unlimited resources in the Exclusive Economic Zone of Bangladesh”. He mentioned, this type of course would help to create maritime awareness among stakeholders.

Mentionable, the course started on 30 June 2013 under supervision of Bangladesh Navy and a total of 28 officers from Bangladesh Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and different maritime agencies attended the course. Lt Commander Tedth Beth and Lt Commander Jaque Kerr of UK Royal Navy conducted the course.

Among others high ranking military officers of Bangladesh Armed Forces, UK High Commission and invited guests of maritime agencies were present in the programme.
67799_600115670029419_1493265321_n.jpg

hmmm...so theres this,the prime minsters is in London and a few months ago we were offered the type 42 destroyers??

Would a second hand Type 42 be suitable for us?

hmmm...so theres this,the prime minsters is in London and a few months ago we were offered the type 42 destroyers??

Would a second hand Type 42 be suitable for us?

really type42 destroyer offered to us ? :woot:
@british_bengali
oh got it the news link bro , i will cost around $13 million each
http://en.mercopress.com/2012/08/13...rk-on-sale-illustrious-names-to-be-mothballed

i think if its condition is good like USCGC cutter, BD should go for it, after refitting heavily with new weapons it will be great boost for our navy, there displacements are 3,600 tons (empty), 5,350 (full load) and they are about 132.3m long . so those can have heavy armaments.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if it will go to us...the cost of the weapons maybe too much or we may let it slide for the sri lankans instead if they make some noise about it,however i would love to see a destroyer with our flag on it

not sure if it will go to us...the cost of the weapons maybe too much or we may let it slide for the sri lankans instead if they make some noise about it,however i would love to see a destroyer with our flag on it

how about turn them into mid size amphibious assault ship ? that will be good i think :D

really type42 destroyer offered to us ? :woot:
@british_bengali
oh got it the news link bro , i will cost around $13 million each
HMS Edinburgh and HMS York on sale;

i think if its condition is good like USCGC cutter, BD should go for it, after refitting heavily with new weapons it will be great boost for our navy, there displacements are 3,600 tons (empty), 5,350 (full load) and they are about 132.3m long . so those can have heavy armaments.

These are fairly old ships. With upgrades how much can their life be extended by. Article says 20m a piece. With that we can build 3 of our smaller ships indeginiously. What represents better value for money? I guess one of these destroyers can serve as our flag ships?

These are fairly old ships. With upgrades how much can their life be extended by. Article says 20m a piece. With that we can build 3 of our smaller ships indeginiously. What represents better value for money? I guess one of these destroyers can serve as our flag ships?

not a piece , two ships total cost upto $20m. Well USCGS that we have bought is 13 years older than these ships.

not a piece , two ships total cost upto $20m. Well USCGS that we have bought is 13 years older than these ships.

Ok. So 10m seems like a good price.... Any idea how much these ships life can be extended by. One thing I have to say I don't get is upgrades seems to cover the guns and IT systems etc. what about the body of the ship. Can these be improved indefinately? Only engines etc are these usually replaced? Are they even replaceable?

Ok. So 10m seems like a good price.... Any idea how much these ships life can be extended by. One thing I have to say I don't get is upgrades seems to cover the guns and IT systems etc. what about the body of the ship. Can these be improved indefinately? Only engines etc are these usually replaced? Are they even replaceable?

i have no idea about these ships life. check previous page , post#870 by penguin (how heavily modified BNS Bangabandhu-before and after modification)

Banglaesh don't exactly have a thing where they annouce all procured equipment,we all know that we have PLZ-45 BUT did Sheikh hasina make any public appearance about them?NO and neither did the news channel.

They did not announce it because we don't have them.

As far as the two frigates go,it maybe going through a sea trial in Bangladesh and there will probably be an induction when the BNS Somodru Joy arrives and gets re-armed.

Wow, a ship is going through sea trial even before reaching its home port! That's wonderful.. really wonderful:hitwall:

@BDforever, @mb444, @british_bengali,

Well, if we want to buy 2nd hand warships we should buy, south korean used ulsan class frigates. SK will replace them with FFX frigates. We should buy some of their used ulsan class frigate and upgrade them with latest tools. This will be cost efficient for us and full fill our needs. We are using a modified ulsan class frigate, this is a plus point for us.

And our Ulsan class frigate looks better then original SK Ulsan class frigate, isn't it?

What you say?

Back
Top Bottom