What's new

Bangladesh Navy

The F-22P is based upon the Type 053H3 Frigate and if the F-22B is a new ship then it is likely to be a ship based on the Chinese frigate with the Ship being modified to Bangladesh's requirements hence why there is a B.

An F-22 for pak navy is naturally called "P", similarly, an F-22 in BN's case, has "B" for Bangladesh Navy.

What is important here? its the same platform with different on board systems, sensors as per customer requirements. It cant become an 054 series in case it is inducted by BN.

This will probably make BN one of the most diversely equipped navies in the world, having operated frigates from Britain, China, South Korea and now the USA.
Add to that the possible addition of German subs.
:D INDIA we are coming ;)
BD should go for those medium-size cutter , can those them as small Amphibious assault ship to transport troops ;)

There are many mistakes for Chinese AShM in wiki
For export, there are c602, c704, c705, c802 and c802A, but without c803 and c805
As for home-used correspondece, we have YJ-62, YJ-82 and YJ-83
The most recently developed AShM missiles are YJ-12 and YJ-18, and at the moment, no export version exists

There are many mistakes for Chinese AShM in wiki
For export, there are c602, c704, c705, c802 and c802A, but without c803 and c805
As for home-used correspondece, we have YJ-62, YJ-82 and YJ-83
The most recently developed AShM missiles are YJ-12 and YJ-18, and at the moment, no export version exists

I heard that the new variant of C-802A's have a range of 280 km+. How true is that? and is this new version exported or not?

I heard that the new variant of C-802A's have a range of 280 km+. How true is that? and is this new version exported or not?
Yes, in Zhuhai Air Show 2012, it is reported that the new variant of C-802A have a range of 280 km. However, since the reporter is not professional on this issue, he do not ask the critial question: if this new variant is air-lauched or ship-lauched. In my opinion, it should be air-lauched. The only missle for export with a range > 280 km and lauched from ship I'm for sure is c602. Actually, its full ability is much more than that(> 400 km).

By the way, I don't think Otamatt MK3 project failed is due to short of fund, but simply a technique problem so that they can not use a reasonable money to modify a missle from 180 km to 280 km

BNS Bangabandhu (F-25)
8397135959_1358dffdfe_b.jpg

8397110113_1e3fbdde41_b.jpg

8420996140_b4b878d672_b.jpg

8012046514_b79ed3d025_b.jpg

8009900287_671ee02373_h.jpg

indian is mighty than bd navy.so bd navy will never go strait controntation.well battle has no rules.those who compare kolkata class and our chinese frigate is living in fools heaven.i said sink the destroyer.thats the mission .doesnt matter how or when or where we will do it.well if there is any war.we have our own stealth technology. i will not disclose it.but trust me i'm not bs here

you sure?well i still not belive you yet! you are not mighty than the us naval force. one good tactics and plan may ruin yr overconfidence.thats why the americans are now negociating with the talibans even they thought invasion was a picnic.same thing will happend to you too

Operation Jackpot, 15th Aug, 1971...no ship is required from our part.

1.BD needs to adopt a doctrine like Iran or even N Korea or China. Start with shore defense integrating air,sea and land forces and making intelligent use of the Bay islands and the coastal forests.

2. Meanwhile develop BN to secure our EEZ whch is up to 200 miles. Iran's Swarming Tactics must be adopted.

3. Thereafter, develop capability to secure a line Vyzag to Andaman Nicobar. Thereon PLAN and Indonesian Navy should take over our interests.

4. It is pointless to compare or try to compete with IN in terms of craft. Which does not mean we need to fear IN. On the contrary IN's size and huge area of responsibility come with vulnerabilities should be exploited by BN. BN must coordinate with PLAN eqpt acquisition and tactics.

BD doesn't have any alternate of stronger Navy. You already pointed the Andaman thing which makes us vulnerable because india has its complete naval setup there. Shore defence tactics will not work for BD. In a war situation only naval blockade by indian navy will do everything they need, plz look at the map. Only an offensive Navy is the solution for us and when india breaks in future, one thing must be addressed that somehow Andabar will be separate.

I'm sorry, but why used the designation F-22# for any of those ship designs? All of those design designations are imho referring to USED ships. Lupo's from Italy, Ulsan's from North Korea, Type 053 Jianghu , Jiangwei I and II variations from China. F-22-whatever hints at the F-22P, which is a newer sino-export design. F-25T is the Nuaresan for Thailand. Catch my drift?

Ulsan is a South Korean class, we bought it brand new not used.

2 Type 053H2 Jianghu-III frigates have arrived in BD, after refitting with 76mm H/PJ26 dual purpose gun, 2x Type 730B CIWS, 1×8 FM-90N/FL-3000N SAM launcher, 2×4 C-803 SSM launchers, 2× 3 torpedo launchers, 2×6 asw anti-submarine rockets these frigates will be commissioned.

1017297_593269937380659_1027608634_n.jpg

When did they arrive? Did Sheikh Hasina made any public appearance regarding this? Did any news channel broadcast it? Did any newspaper published it?

Ulsan is a South Korean class, we bought it brand new not used.

BNS Bangabandhu is a very heavily modified Ulsan class frigate (i.e. significantly redesigned) with ASW helicopter on board. It is therefor incorrect to refer to it as ´an Ulsan class frigate´, as this suggests a ship of the original design. It would be like saying Pakistan´s F22P is a Jiangwei II. When someone says ´we are getting an Ulsan class frigate´, I would read that as ´we are getting a used ship from South Korea´, particularly since the ROKN has started inducting a new class of frigates ( Incheon class)

800px-Port_view_of_ROK_ship_Kyong_Buk_%28FF_956%29_near_San_Diego%2C_CA.jpeg

BNS_Bongobondhu2.jpg

File:Bangladesh_Navy_Ship_Bangabandhu_(F-25).jpg

8391960610_903ba8a856_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom