What's new

Bangladesh Navy

so tell me how was my analysis ? :D

I will have to see more but definitely impressive modernization and finally 1 BD thread where no proxies are involved hopefully atleast in the acquisition process so far. Though I do like the diversity that bangladaise is employing rather than be bias and only get acquisitions from 1 source, your navy is getting eastern and western tech :). As far as the ming class type 035B is concerned, is dock yard the only reason thats holding the navy back and also when will the dockyard be likely completed, if an ideal time table is available.

The most impressive thing about this thread that I found was that there is a political showdown happening yet the armforces are operating like business as usual thats boss!!!!

I will have to see more but definitely impressive modernization and finally 1 BD thread where no proxies are involved hopefully atleast in the acquisition process so far. Though I do like the diversity that bangladaise is employing rather than be bias and only get acquisitions from 1 source, your navy is getting eastern and western tech :). As far as the ming class type 035B is concerned, is dock yard the only reason thats holding the navy back and also when will the dockyard be likely completed, if an ideal time table is available.

The most impressive thing about this thread that I found was that there is a political showdown happening yet the armforces are operating like business as usual thats boss!!!!

we are born fighter , we fight with others from other countries. When there is none then we fight with each other . we never back down from fighting :P

i did analysis , now you do for your claim that those 4 ships will not be Turkish frigates

better slow down on assumptions, the more you expect, the more you get disappointed :lol: look at the su-27 deal for example, everyone was jumping about it, but even though we are getting good hardware from the Russians, its still disappointing not to have the sukhois.

better slow down on assumptions, the more you expect, the more you get disappointed :lol: look at the su-27 deal for example, everyone was jumping about it, but even though we are getting good hardware from the Russians, its still disappointing not to have the sukhois.

I prefer 2 squadron J11B and 3 squadron Mig35 :D

@BDforever "2 Type 056 corvette" (confirmed) is what you stated. I have been checking this for a few weeks, but could not get any reliable links to prove the purchase. Can you cite any reliable source? 056 is a stealth type of China-made frigate or corvette. I doubt, China will sell this new platform so soon. Please check this. Thanks in advance.

2 type 056 corvettes are confirmed and the construction works have already started. Our CNS was present in the steel cutting ceremony in China. BN site has a link, please check http://www.bangladeshnavy.org/Steel Cutting Cere of Corvettes.doc .

Last edited by a moderator:
Milgem class i think, competed with 056 of China and 056 won it so cross out Milgem. Add to that, 4 locally built landing ship dock(Not warship but a good addition, i will say). And we are locally building 4-5 more LPC too so i think he calculated those too. FYI Submarines are classified as boats and not warships.

No offence thought pal. But Milgem can mediaval on 56's a$$. China only thinks for numbers while we have to built under nato standarts. type 056 is 1800 tone and it can be only used for patrols while Ada class (milgem) is 2,300-2,500 tone. It's used for; ASW, ASuW and AAW. And there are only 3 classes of corvettes in the world that has the stealth ability and fragmention resistance (LCS, The Netherlands and Turkey). I only see that you guys are interested to buy :)

7526017706_06fa7652ad_k.jpg

milgemcalisma06.GIF

well analysed bro. What are the SOF units of BN? :)

No offence thought pal. But Milgem can mediaval on 56's a$$. China only thinks for numbers while we have to built under nato standarts. type 056 is 1800 tone and it can be only used for patrols while Ada class (milgem) is 2,300-2,500 tone. It's used for; ASW, ASuW and AAW. And there are only 3 classes of corvettes in the world that has the stealth ability and fragmention resistance (LCS, The Netherlands and Turkey). I only see that you guys are interested to buy :)
None taken. The thing is that 056 is already good enough for BD, as it has the capability of our frigates actually. When we do a purchase we look at many factors ie: price, period of payment, bang for bucks. And with the offers the Chinese usually do, its no wonder they won. We probably will pay this amount in several years.
And fyi we are getting 10m externded 056 with a heli hanger so it should be a bit more on the weight. I think, it is ideal for us although i would myself have liked the Anti-sub Milgem class better but 056 can only do patrolling is bit wrong i must say. For our corvette standards, it is great.

None taken. The thing is that 056 is already good enough for BD, as it has the capability of our frigates actually. When we do a purchase we look at many factors ie: price, period of payment, bang for bucks. And with the offers the Chinese usually do, its no wonder they won. We probably will pay this amount in several years.
And fyi we are getting 10m externded 056 with a heli hanger so it should be a bit more on the weight. I think, it is ideal for us although i would myself have liked the Anti-sub Milgem class better but 056 can only do patrolling is bit wrong i must say. For our corvette standards, it is great.

west of luck for BN ;). Btw I'm gonna ask it to you too. What are the commando units of your navy? Cauz i'm getting interesting after seeing @BDforever's avatar :D

The Type 056 corvette has a stealthy hull design with sloped surface and a reduced superstructure clutter. There is a helipad at the stern but has no organic helicopter support facilities.

The main anti-ship armament consists of YJ-83 sea-skimming anti-ship cruise missiles in two twin-cell launchers. The primary anti-aircraft armament is one FL-3000N short range missile system with 8 rounds. A 76 mm main gun based on a Russian AK-176 is mounted forward.

A link to the same defence forum is very weak. Some posters of these forums sometimes send unreliable source, no source or just a fantasy source. The initial post has not been supported by any other reliable link. So, content of this thread cannot be accepted at face value.

check post #350

I tried hard, but could not unable to open. So, can someone copy the relevant portion and post in this thread, please?
STEEL CUTTING CEREMONY OF TWO CORVETTES FOR BANGLADESH NAVY HELD IN CHINA

The steel cutting ceremony of 2 corvettes for Bangladesh Navy was held at Wuchang Shipyard in China on 08 January, Tuesday 2013.
Chief of the Naval Staff Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed, (ND), ndc, psc attended the colorful steel cutting ceremony as the Chief Guest, said an ISPR release.
The under construction corvettes are reported to be of 1330 tons and approximately 90m long. Inclusion of these platforms will enhance BN offshore patrol and other operational capabilities. Addition of those corvettes will enhance the sea surveillance capability of BN having high endurance, adequate modern equipment, armaments and sensors.
In the present geo-political scenario these corvettes will help to safeguard the vast sea area of Bangladesh and to perform constabulary duties during peacetime over the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
Induction of these corvettes in Bangladesh Navy fleet is a landmark for the present government’s effort to build Bangladesh Navy as a formidable force in the Bay of Bangle.
Among others, high defence officials of Bangladesh Embassy in Beijing, President and representatives of China Shipbuilding and Offshore Company (CSOC) Limited, China Ship Design and Development Centre (CSDDC), representative of China Classification Society (CCS), Project Officer and other dignitaries also attended the ceremony.

( this is written in that doc, back side of the ceremony there is a picture of type 56 corvette)

Back
Top Bottom