What's new

Bangladesh Navy

upcoming New Type 053H2 (Jianghu-III) frigate of Bangladesh Navy

Specification and Refit:

Displacement – 2,000 tons (full load)
Speed - 27 knots
Crew - 190

Electronics:
ZKJ-4B (development of Thomson-CSF TAVITAC information processing system, with reported speed of > 1 MPBS)
Data link: HN-900 (Chinese equivalent of Link 11A/B, to be upgraded)
Communication: SNTI-240 SATCOM

Radar/Sonar:
Thomson-CSF TSR 3004 (DRBV-15) Sea Tiger air/surface radar, E/F band
Type 360S (SR60) air/surface radar, E/F band
Type 517 (REL-1/2) long-range 2D air search radar
Type 362 (ESR-1) low-altitude 3D air/surface search radar, I-band
Type 345 (MR35) fire-control radar for HQ-7 Surface-to-air missile system, J-band
Type 344 (MR34) fire-control radar for C-802A 8x SSM and 100 mm gun, I/J band
2 x Type 347 Rice Lamp fire-control radar for 37 mm AA guns, I-band
2 x Racal RM-1290 navigation radar, I-band
DUBV-23 (SJD-8) medium-frequency hull-mounted radar

Armament:
4 x quad C-802A AShM box launchers
1 x 8-cell HQ-7 SAM with 8 ready to fire missiles
1 x Type H/PJ33A dual 100 mm/56 caliber gun
4 x Type H/PJ76A dual 37 mm AA guns
2 x 324 mm torpedo tubes for A244/s mod.3 torpedo
2 x 5-tube Type 81 ASW rocket launcher (30 rounds)

Electronic Warfare and Countermeasures:
Type 984-1 ECM 'X' band jammer (transmitter)
Type 984-4 ECM 'X' band jammer (receiver)
Type 928A ESM
Type 946 15-barrel chaff/decoy launcher
Radar warning receiver

Helicopter (deck have modified to arrange for a helipad): 1 x Harbin Z-9C

arrival time: mid 2013

source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Defence-Power-Of-Bangladesh/135153656592757
photo.php

Sounds cool. It has a good air warfare capability. But I found the anti-ship armament weak. ;)

yea I noticed you after i had joined here :D
:cheers:

you mean C802A missile ? , that is tthe best so far bangladesh has :P

best of luck with C-802....
i suppose it would serve you well...
and overall you arenot facing such big threat from any nation....
are you??:unsure:

best of luck with C-802....
i suppose it would serve you well...
and overall you arenot facing such big threat from any nation....
are you??:unsure:

not much threat , Myanmar is only little concern for us , they tried to come in our maritime boundary and tried to claim on our natural resources in that area but after we have started heavy modernization of our navy , Myanmar has fallen back :P

Navy to get 2 submarines

Navy to get 2 submarines
Staff Correspondent
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said her government had moved to purchase two submarines and a coast guard cutter for Bangladesh Navy to modernise and strengthen the force.

“Activities are going on to purchase two submarines from a friendly country,” she told parliament while replying to a lawmaker's scripted query on her government's efforts to modernise the navy, army and air force.

Hasina, however, did not mention the name of the country friendly to Bangladesh and the timeframe for completing the purchase.

The coast guard cutter will be purchased from the USA, she said.

According to a report prepared by the navy in early 2009, the force has planned to introduce an aviation wing and a submarine to its fleet to obtain capability of a three-dimensional force.

The force has already taken steps to build infrastructure and train up its personnel, said the report sent to the armed forces division, a wing under the prime minister's office.

In her scripted answer, the premier said her government has already purchased missile, torpedo for destroying ship and submarine, depth charge, rocket launcher, canon, radar and other weapons for the navy.

Earlier on June 13 last year, Planning Minister AK Khandker, who is in charge of the defence ministry in the parliamentary affairs, told parliament that the government has moved to purchase two off-the-shelf [readymade] frigates, two large patrol crafts, two maritime patrol aircrafts and five patrol crafts for the navy.

In scripted answer to the query, the premier also described her government's various measures to modernise and strengthen the army and air force.

She said two new army commands and an infantry division, two air defence brigades, more than one armoured, artillery and engineering battalions and other necessary supportive units will be added to the army to strengthen the force as part of implementation of the forces goal-2030.

The forces goal will be implemented in four phases in light of the defence policy formulated by the then Bangabandhu-led government in 1974, Hasina told the House.

Besides, she said, the government has moved to purchase fourth generation MBT-2000 tanks, multi-launcher rocket system, weapon locating radar, automatic grenade launcher, anti-tank weapon, non-guided anti-tank weapon, anti-tank guided missiles etc for the army.

“The activities will begin this financial year to buy multiple rocket launch system, weapon locating radar, ground surveillance radar and aircrafts carrying soldiers,” said Hasina, who also holds the defence portfolio.

She also mentioned that a process was underway to purchase modern euro-copter, light fixed-wing aircraft and armoured and anti-air weapons for the army.

“As part of expansion of the army and its modernisation, efforts are under way to establish an air defence regiment,” she added.

To modernise the air force under the forces goal-2030, she said her government has moved to buy air defence radar, fighter planes, air-to-air missiles, etc.

Hasina also informed the House about some other defence purchases already done for the armed forces.

the submarine must be second hand and from CHina
i would not prefer second hand

and we should wait more and make our navy surface combatant more strong

It is confirmed that Bangladesh is getting 2 Type 035B(Ming Class) submarines from China by 2016.
The Type 035 is generally identical to the Type 033/Romeo class in hull design and arrangement. Improved diesels, revised hull design with less resistance, and new transferring mechanism were used to achieve a higher underwater speed. The command systems, sonar, and countermeasures on the early production model were similar to those on the Type 033/Romeo class, but were significantly improved on later boats. The six Type 035B boats commissioned between the late 1990s and 2001 are fitted with an improved fire-control system. The acoustic ignature has been significantly reduced by the covering the hull with noise-absorbing black damping tiles and redesigning the flooding ports. Additionally, the Type 035B is about 2 metres longer than the previous boats to its machinery space.

Weapons: The Type 035 has eight 533mm torpedo tubes (6 bow, 2 stern), and carries a total of 18 torpedoes in tubes and storage racks. Alternatively the submarine can carry 32 mines in its tubes. The Yu-4 (SAET-60) is a passive homing torpedo designed to attack surface targets up to 15km at a speed of 40 knots. The high-explosive warhead weights 400kg. The Yu-1 is a Chinese copy of the Russian Type 53-51, which was designed to attack surface targets with a maximum range of 9.2km at a speed of 39 knots, or 3.7km at 51 knots. The high-explosive warhead weights 400kg.

Electronic Equipments: The Type 035 is fitted with a Pike Jaw hull-mounted, medium-frequency for active and passive search and attack. This was replaced by a H/SQ2-262C on the improved Type 035B. The Type 035B is also equipped with a Sintra DUUX 5 low-frequency passive ranging and interception. The submarine has an I-band surface search radar (NATO code-name: Snoop Tray). Countermeasures include electronic support measures (ESM), radar warning receiver and direction-finder. The Type 035B variant is also fitted with the Chinese indigenous combat data system.

Propulsion: The Type 035 is powered by a diesel-electric arrangement, consisting of 2 Shaanxi 6E 390 ZC1 diesel rated at 5,200hp (3.82MW), with 2 Xiangtan alternators and 2 shafts.

Current Navy status:
Frigate: 5
Corvette:4
Mine countermeasure vessels: 5
Torpedo:8
Missile boat:9
Patrol Vessel:27
Auxiliaries:22
Amphibious Warfare: 11
Fleet Hydrographic Research & Survey Ship:3
Rapid response boat:16
Helicopter:2

other in the process of joining in the fleet(within 3 years):
2 Type53H2G frigate,1 Hamilton Class Cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716) which will be modified into guided missile frigate locally, 2 Type056Corvette with 2 Z-9 helicopter,2 South Korean covette (type unknown), 9 patrol vessels (built in Bangladesh), 16 rapid response boat, 2 Dornier 228 NG MPA.

Back
Top Bottom