What's new

Bangladesh Air Force delivery

Ok guys, what i hear recently that during visit of Bengladesh high level delegation demanded armed force pre 1971 inventory. So, Pres Musharraf deliver those planes for free and some other weapons. (in short).

I have a neighbour who is a retired technitian of BAF. he has confirmed that BAF got some F-6 as gift from pak . and most of them got washed in flood when they were at chittagong base.

Ok guys, what i hear recently that during visit of Bengladesh high level delegation demanded armed force pre 1971 inventory. So, Pres Musharraf deliver those planes for free and some other weapons. (in short).

Can you give anymore information on this? I dont know how would one actually "demand" from a country who they got the independence from, however if the retired F-6s makes them happy, they shall have em.

Guys any one have a list of inventory??

Murad thats tough question..
Before 1971 majority of military depot were located in west Pakistan ?

IAF will be happy to oblige!!!!!
hehehe, just a flamebait for my own perosnal entertainment Rahman!!! no evil intentions....lol

Adu

According to the Bangladesh military info website in the previous post, most of the 90 or so F-6s donated to the BAF by the PAF were indeed lost in a 1991 flood in Chittagong (the site also mentions the loss of a number of Mi-17s).

According to the Bangladesh military info website in the previous post, most of the 90 or so F-6s donated to the BAF by the PAF were indeed lost in a 1991 flood in Chittagong (the site also mentions the loss of a number of Mi-17s).

My student was the one who was incharge of delivering them , Wing commander shahab flew and tested them and handed over to BAF , Wing commander gul who retired as Air vice Marshal is now Dir engg of PIA. I have a painting of an F-6 flying over dakha in I thing 1994 Air force Calendar. I will post it.

AQ-5A Fantan with a little modification such as a nose radar and side air intakes but basically a Mig-19/F-6 copy indeed.

I'm surprised that PAF chose for this plane for nuclear strike role instead of the much superior Mirage-III/V.

At the time is was the best choice, Neo do you know that A-5 cannot go into a spin at all. you can try to put it in a spin but it does not and here are so more feature

Features

The A-5C is powered by two Shenyang WP6 turbojets, each rated at 25.50 kN dry and 31.87 kN with afterburning, mounted side by side in the rear of the fuselage. Armament includes one internal 23mm cannon with 100 rounds in each wingroot; ten attachment points normally for external stores; two pairs in tandem under centre of fuselage, and three under each wing; fuselage stations can each carry a 250 kg bomb; inboard wing stations can carry 6kg or 25 lb practice bombs; outboard wing stations can each be occupied by a 400 litre drop tank or by air-to-air missiles such as PL-2, Pl-2b, Pl-7, AIM-9 Sidewinder and R550 Magic. The A-5C is an all-weather interceptor with provision for a search-tracking radar in the nose. There is now increased an inlet diameter and enlarged forward fuselage. Thus, more fuel can be carried in the proportionally waisted mid-fuselage. There are also space provisions for additional updated avionics.

Another improved version Q5-K had been tested with French avionics, the programme was cancelled in 1989. It is equipped with a ranging radar and can carry two torpedoes or two YJ-8 sea-skimming AshMs (C-801, range 10-50km at Mach 0.9) for anti-ship mission. The latest model in service with AF may be equipped with HUD, ballistic computer, ECM pod, ALR-1 laser range finder/designator (to deliver newly developed LGBs) and Russia is also offering its Phazotron Komar PD radar to upgrade the Q-5.

Basic Specifications

Primary Function: Ground-attack strike aircraft.

Manufacturer: NAMC (China)

Power Plant: Two Shenyang Wopen-6 (WP6) turbojet engines with afterburners.

Thrust: 31.87 kn. (7,165 lb. st)

Length: 53 feet, 4 inches (16.25 meters)

Height: 14 feet, 10 inches (4.52 meters)

Wingspan: 31 feet, 10 inches (9.70 meters)

Maximum Takeoff Weight: 26,455 lbs. (12,000 kgs); Empty: 6,494 kg (14,317 lb)

Speed: 1,190 km/h (740 mph) or Mach 1.12 at 36,000 feet (11,000 metres)

Ceiling: 52,000 feet (15,850 meters); max rate of climb at 5000 m (16,400 ft) 4980-6180 m (16,340-20,275 ft)/min.

Range: 1,243 miles (2,000 km)

Armament: Two 23 mm internal cannons. Ten hardpoints points for carrying up to 2,000 kg (4,410 lb) of bombs (250 to 1000 kg bombs), Mk 82 or Snakeye, French Durandal, air-to-air missiles such as Chinese PL-2, PL-2B, PL-7, AIM-9 Sidewinder and Matra R.550, Magic, auxiliary fuel tanks. C-801 AshMs. Capable of carrying a single 5-20 kT nuclear bomb.

Crew: One

PAF Inventory: 51(current); 60 (original)

Sir,

Why is this age old design chosen for the nuclear delivery system by PAF when we could have done the same with Mirage or F-16B?

Back
Top Bottom