What's new

Balancing act: India engages with Saudi Arabia and Iran

India has a lot of economic ties with Iran. Saudi Arabia is trying to reach to an agreement that minimizes iran economic activities with india through investments and trade especially in the field of energy.

Money talks bullshit walks simple as that.

Yes, I know. Was just saying that we are the ones benefitting by far the most from the trade and not the other way around. I mean we need India for very little.

KSA is also investing heavily in India and not the other way around.

The 3 million Indians in KSA are also sending millions of remittances back to India each year. Some Indian villages rely on this economically for their survival more or less.

India has a lot of economic ties with Iran. Saudi Arabia is trying to reach to an agreement that minimizes iran economic activities with india through investments and trade especially in the field of energy.

From your point of angle you may be right .

But Indian version is like , India is a rising country of 1.2 billion people . We have huge huge demand for energy and in future it would expand exponentially. We are tapping all energy source country and Saudi are no exception.

India has high regard for Saudi kingdom and valued out partnership as one of the most important relationship.

But if you are hoping for degradation of India-Iran relationship through India-Saudi relationship , I fear you might end up in disappointment.

Iran doesn't have the capacity to meet india demand in term of energy. Saudi Arabia on other hand has a lot to offer.

India's foreign policy is based on self interest, just how it should be. KSA has no leverage over India to use it against Iran. We are not anyone's puppet state. If it serves our interest we would have good relation with KSA, that doesn't mean you are using us. Anyways India generally maintains good relation with all countries and doesn't take sides in conflicts that have nothing to do with us. India doesn't care about KSA vs Iran. We want good relation with both. It's pure business and we would like to keep it that way.

How India manages to remain on perfectly friendly terms wih three sworn enemies (KSA, Israel and Iran) is a lesson in diplomacy for the rest of the world. India does a fine balancing act between KSA and Iran, Iran and Israel, Israel and the arab world. Friends with all, dependant on none.

I think it's quite simple really - stay out of other people's mess, let them sort out their issues themselves. Buy and sell whatever there is to buy and sell. No fantasies of rushing to the help of ummah brothers, or delusions of being the protectors of the faith and such.

Wow I just asked you if you knew about some of the covert ops/terrorist acts of Mossad and you bring religion into it.
Like any typical fundamentalist.
Will you label me as an anti-semitic now ? :D

And stop talking out of your asshole.Never once did I celebrate or condone terrorism on Indian soil or anywhere else for that matter.

P.S I am a Hindu if it bothers you.Just a well informed one.

Listen son, the first thing you did was to excuse terrorism against Israelis in your country.

Luckily I know Indians are good people in general and you're just a rotten little toad. Every country has twats like you.

It;s
India is not Pakistan. India is a strong nation. It do not need to take sides in order to get anything meaningful from both country.

Non-alignment is in the gene of India's foreign policy.

Both Saudi and Iran are two the strongest pillars of Islamic world and we need strongest ties from both.

only sensible reply in the whole thread

why do we have to choose amongst two of the great muslim nation with whom we enjoy friendly relations.

How India manages to remain on perfectly friendly terms wih three sworn enemies (KSA, Israel and Iran) is a lesson in diplomacy for the rest of the world. India does a fine balancing act between KSA and Iran, Iran and Israel, Israel and the arab world. Friends with all, dependant on none.

This enemy nonsense is highly exaggerated. I guess 99% of all countries of the world would like to have enemies such as Iran and Israel that we have not been at direct conflict with for the past 1400 years.

All while countries such as France-UK, Germany-France and Germany-Poland that have killed millions of each other for centuries in direct battles are very close friends and allies today.

Something to think about.

Iran doesn't have the capacity to meet india demand in term of energy. Saudi Arabia on other hand has a lot to offer.

That is called business not dictation.
USA and China has much more investment and strong trade relationship with India still they have literally zero influence on India in terms of our foreign policy let alone Saudi Arabia dectating us on Iran.

Its a wise policy from India.
Chosing sides in a regional conflict, which India is not a party to, makes no sense. So the only rational policy is to be neutral and have a healthy working relationship with both.

Its the same reason why Iran does not choose between India or Pakistan. We want good ties with both countries.

India's foreign policy is based on self interest, just how it should be. KSA has no leverage over India to use it against Iran. We are not anyone's puppet state. If it serves our interest we would have good relation with KSA, that doesn't mean you are using us. Anyways India generally maintains good relation with all countries and doesn't take sides in conflicts that have nothing to do with us. India doesn't care about KSA vs Iran. We want good relation with both.

I don't know how you translate the word ''USE'' but here let me rephrase what I said earlier. I was saying that Saudi Arabia has the ability to provide India with what it needs at a lower cost than that of Iran. That will definitely fall under your interests and will make india less dependent on Iran which means less profit for Iran. This is how business works.

I hope you get it now.

Back
Top Bottom