What's new

Baitullah Mehsud bites the dust, confirmed! :)

Intelligence reports confirm Baitullah dead: FM Qureshi

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said intelligences reports stated that Taliban leader Baitullah Mahsud has been killed in drone attack in Waziristan on Wednesday.

“He has been taken out,” he told reporters after addressing youth parliament forum. He however said that the government was doing ground verification so as “to confirm 100 percent”.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi should send a thank you note to the Americans for their help in sending this thug to hell - nice job Mr. Hellfire!

Killing BM should have never been an issue. I know people from his region who knew him personally and they just couldnt stop laughing when they they heard BM is doing this and that and is the biggest threat to Pakistan. They told me that BM could have been knocked with a small punch of a kid. he had no credentials of strength, intellegence, respect or stature in the tribe. and they wondered how the man went up the ladders so quickly. they believed there were agencies behind him.

Killing BM should have never been an issue. I know people from his region who knew him personally and they just couldnt stop laughing when they they heard BM is doing this and that and is the biggest threat to Pakistan. They told me that BM could have been knocked with a small punch of a kid. he had no credentials of strength, intellegence, respect or stature in the tribe. and they wondered how the man went up the ladders so quickly. they believed there were agencies behind him.

While BM was no lightweight, he clearly had support from neocons in the pakistani military establishment.

Some people have pointed a finger at the Indians.

I'd say it was the neocons of the Hamid Gul variety associated with the military establishment who used Baitullah to reinvigorate the faltering jihadi enterprise, ensure continued hostilities with India, and remove Benazir. Its not a coincidence that Benazir at the time named retd. and serving military hardliners as possible culprits behind her first assasination attempt in October 2007.

Our home-grown neocon khakis(retd. or serving) have had a great joyride for the last two decades, and simply don't want the Jihad Inc. party to end.

Recent editorials in Dawn and News have alluded to "powerful establishment quarters" still supporting the TTP. Luckily, such pro-taliban blocs seem to be increasingly marginalized in the military under the watchful eye of General Kayani.

Last edited:
CIA, albeit Dick Chenney, just lost their MVP (Most Valuable Player) in the region!

no PA was close to capture Baitullah alive if he would've caught alive by PA they will get valuable information that how they were supported by US and Indias money and weapon you guys have a short memory don't you remember that everyone that Pakistan have a peace deal with the next day drones will come and kill him than it will ignite a fire Baituallah was just another player.US will get another leader for TTP its just going to keep going until Pakistan falls this needs to stop here and US needs to leave Afganistan.

PS we are missing the big picture here.

Last edited:
Well, its kinda ...german soldiers in second world war...kill one and send em to hell,they multiply . Same with Pashtuns, they fought seasonal war , before and after seasonal harvesting...and too many players in this dirty game. Don't know who to believe...we analyze what media forward us.....

While BM was no lightweight, he clearly had support from neocons in the pakistani military establishment.

Some people have pointed a finger at the Indians.

I'd say it was the neocons of the Hamid Gul variety associated with the military establishment who used Baitullah to reinvigorate the faltering jihadi enterprise, ensure continued hostilities with India, and remove Benazir. Its not a coincidence that Benazir at the time named retd. and serving military hardliners as possible culprits behind her first assasination attempt in October 2007.

Our home-grown neocon khakis(retd. or serving) have had a great joyride for the last two decades, and simply don't want the Jihad Inc. party to end.

Recent editorials in Dawn and News have alluded to "powerful establishment quarters" still supporting the TTP. Luckily, such pro-taliban blocs seem to be increasingly marginalized in the military under the watchful eye of General Kayani.
Enough of this bullshit please!!!Nobody stays in ISI for whole life and Hamid Gul is retired now.He might have contacts but he cannot do much.I am amused by reading your consipiracy theoris.

Well, thank God we silenced him in time.

That's a relief.

By "we" you probably mean USA. Well no one knows yet on whose intelligence exactly this strike was carried out, what is the true nature of cooperation between CIA and ISI etc...

So for now let the 'we' be PAK and USA

And one thing is for sure, IMO, no strike can be carried out on the territory of Pakistan by any country without Pak's whatever kind of approval....

:pakistan::usflag: :-)hitwall:)

Enough of this bullshit please!!!Nobody stays in ISI for whole life and Hamid Gul is retired now.He might have contacts but he cannot do much.I am amused by reading your consipiracy theoris.

read my post again - I'm not referring to Hamid Gul specifically. I'm talking about neocons "of the Hamid Gul variety" i.e. people who think like Hamid Gul - its a figure of speech in the english language. :)

Just another day in the long war.
True, but there's a looot this guy did. People can be allowed to feel some sort of relief now that he's dead. A true enemy of the state.

From the post-Lal Masjid violence, to Marriot Hotel, to Benazir's assasination, to the attack on the SL team, the attack on the Academy, taking away our cricket...

Remember he was fired by Mullah Omar soon after his 2006 wave of indiscriminate violence, in the form of rampant suicide bombings. Now that's telling something especially considering that violence against his citizens was the norm in Afghanistan during his rule.

This would leave the bulk of the TTP soldiers without a trusted leader, and when we aim westwards onto the Waziristans it'll come in handy.

I think in ISI has every two years officer rotation , very very few permanent officers.

I think in ISI has every two years officer rotation , very very few permanent officers.
Correct!Unlike other intelligence agencies like CIA, RAW, MI-5, etc the ISI is not a career service. Civilian operatives do not rise beyond fieldgrade (ie. equivalent of a major), never get involved in policy-making. Majors and above are rotated from the Pakistan Army for 2-3 years

Back
Top Bottom