What's new

Babur Cruise Missile - Database

Agreed sir, but the 3 meter accuracy was stated by the same newspapers who stated the range of Shaheen-1A as 3000km, Nasr's range as 180km and what not. I'll believe when I get it confirmed myself or somebody here confirms it or ISPR releases the details somehow.
No, both Babur GLCM and Ra'ad ALCM have already been configured to launch a nuclear attack. Both will complement Ballistic missiles in future.

:) agreed with the newspaper thing but what is said by Babur is not from one source only!
while the ranges of Shaheen and Nasr were only reported wrongly there.

The accuracy details of both Babur and Raad, quoted from ISPR are available on internet. ISPR in its direct press release used "Pin Point Accuracy"
No PR143/2012-ISPR Dated: June 5, 2012
Rawalpindi - June 5, 2012:
Pakistan today conducted a successful test fire of the multi tube, indigenously developed Cruise Missile Hatf-VII (Babur) having a range of 700 kms. Babur Cruise Missile is a low flying, terrain hugging missile with high maneuverability, pin point accuracy and radar avoidance features. It can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads and has stealth capabilities. It also incorporates the most modern cruise missile technology of Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and Digital Scene Matching and Area Co-relation (DSMAC), which enhances its precision and effectiveness manifolds.
The missile was launched from a state of the art multi tube Missile Launch Vehicle (MLV) which significantly enhances the targeting and employment options of Babur Weapon System in both the conventional and nuclear modes.
The test was witnessed by Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Khalid Shameem Wynne, Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General Khalid Ahmed Kidwai (R), Chairman National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM), Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, senior officers from the armed forces and strategic organizations, scientists and engineers. The test will consolidate Pakistan’s strategic deterrence capability, and further strengthen national security.
The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

It is not that Babur wont be able to launch Nuclear attack or that it is not capable or configure to do so. All i am saying is that the highly accurate platform will find more use in tactical attack against air bases, ground radar and command and control centers. No one will want to go NUCLEAR in a state of war as it is a path of mutual destruction and Babur and Raad are our prime assets to prevent us from going on that track with providing potential tactical attack capabilities.
:)

regards!

Pakistan test fired Babur cruise missile today, which is a step closer to Navel version.

We are about ready with the Navel version of Babur.

Congratulation Pakistan!!
We are testing this system extensively for more reliability.
Please do not speculate anything based on this test as it was a routine evaluation test firing!
:pakistan:
Pakistan test fires Babur Cruise Missile Hatf-VII
Pakistan on Monday conducted a successful test fire of the ingeniously developed multi-tube Cruise Missile Hatf-VII (Babur), having a range of 700 kilometers.

Babur Cruise Missile is a low flying, terrain hugging missile, which can strike targets both at Land and Sea with pin point accuracy. It carries stealth features. Equipped with modern cruise missile technology of Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and Digital Scene Matching and Area Co-relation (DSMAC), it can carry both nuclear and conventional warheads.

The missile was launched from a state of the art Multi Tube Missile Launch Vehicle (MLV), which significantly enhances the targeting and deployment options of Babur Weapon system.

The test was witnessed by Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General (R) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, Chairman National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) Mr. Muhammad Irfan Burney, senior officers from the armed forces and strategic organizations.

In today’s test National Command Authority’s fully automated Strategic Command and Control Support System (SCCSS) was once again employed. It enables robust Command and Control capability of all strategic assets with round the clock situational awareness in a digitized network centric environment to decision makers at National Command Centre (NCC). The system has the added capability of real time remote monitoring of missile flight path. The test consolidates and strengthens Pakistan’s deterrence capability and National security.

The successful test has also been warmly appreciated by the President, Prime Minister of Pakistan and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

Integration of Beidou is now confirmed..
Only Beidou has two way communication capability....Making it possible for the missile to continuously transmit its position for commanders..On demand..
I might have missed this. I know the integration of BEIDOU but what in this news confirms its integration?
i mean, its not said in this report or have a missed? can you please point out.

However, whether reported today or not, PA Babur Cruise Missile is linked via Beidou and we have read and heard about the agreement earlier.

congratulations Pakistan :pakistan:

I hope there are some improvements in the latest test of Babur

Can't it be used for "buddy" etc etc? :blink:

Not in my dictionary, Khan Sahib ! I'd call my most loved one as such not my buddy. Tell you what the next time you talk to your Dad call him 'Merei Janeman' and see how he responds. :D

426204_431851440183617_1863317991_n.jpg

here come the real pic of babur with como painting.....Maj Gen noted please

TERCOM...comparison oc change in altitude..
DSMAC..Actual scene matching

slcm6.gif

Thats why Tercom maps arent detailed as one type of data is requires..But DSMAC are actual pictures and for that reason detailed and need more computational power on board the missile..

Now taht Pakistan has a very Flexible Missile,unlike Ballistic missiles..Many variants can be made same as there are many variants of Tomahawk,in pretty much every role for a missile.

AGM-109H/L Medium Range Air to Surface Missile (MRASM) - a shorter range, turbojet powered ASM with bomblet munitions; never entered service.
BGM-109A Tomahawk Land Attack Missile - Nuclear (TLAM-A) with a W80 nuclear warhead.
BGM-109C Tomahawk Land Attack Missile - Conventional (TLAM-C) with a unitary warhead.
BGM-109D Tomahawk Land Attack Missile - Dispenser (TLAM-D) with submunitions.
RGM/UGM-109B Tomahawk Anti Ship Missile (TASM) - radar guided anti-shipping variant.

Many people are talking about future Naval Version of Babur Cruise missile. Where i personally was always of view that a naval version, whenever it comes will be a submarine launched version and not surface launched system. This was bases on the fact that out surface combatants are of light to medium class and not conventionally know for land attack roles.
Land attack cruise missiles suites with heavier frigates and even better with destroyers!

However, all said, here is an interesting comparison:

C-802 Anti-Ship Missiles
PN Surface Warship fleet carry C-802/803 in anti ship role. The Dimension of this missile are:
Weight 715 kg
Length 6.392 m
Diameter 36 cm

Babur Cruise Missile
Weight 1200Kg appx (payload >300 kg)
Length 6.25 m (7 m with booster)
Diameter 52 cm

Now considering that C-802 are usually carried in a quad-canister assembly where four missiles are carried like:
url

and the multi-tube cruise missile that we have been testing is a three tube assembly:
url

so may be we can replace the C-802 four missile assembly (weighing 4 x 715kg = 2860Kg appx) with a three missile assembly of Babur (1200 x 3 = 3600 Kg) :what:
Just a case of MAY BE!! I don't see these being fired from C-802 like canisters. Will perhaps require heavier vessels with more displacement (at least in 4000 appx class) to incorporate a VLS system to fire Land Attack Cruise missile Babur from surface vessel.
So again, i personally think that the Naval version will be a submarine launched missile!

^ Interesting thoughts indeed. Definitely the priority is of the SLCM version.

Here, it should be noted that the C-802 has the diameter of 36 cm, not its canister. Its canister is larger because of the folded fins. So, if it is large enough to accommodate Babur CM...well, why not?
But the problem is that the launch system has to be vertical or VLS-based, since Babur is launched vertically, unlike C-802 or YJ-82.

Back
Top Bottom