What's new

Australia And Pakistan Are In A Huge Fight Over 21,000 Dead Sheep.

every where else in the world

animals are given electricity shock upto 70 volts dat makes them unconscious and then slaughtered

it reduces the pain and struggle

could have been done if the exporting country responsible for shipping diseased animals had offered the to bear the expenses,as it was their responsibility check the animals before shipping,and mind you the disease was confirmed by other countries too,as they refused to accept the sheep.
Shooting the animals was too expensive,and no guarantee that the ship had died in one shot.
But its all about expenses,as the sheep were imported as merchandise not for animal charity

In the future Pakistan should not allow the ship to even dock.

Nope this is nothing, try shooting one animal on tape and you will get jail time here in the states despite why you did it.

Yeah but it isnt the US!

could have been done if the exporting country responsible for shipping diseased animals had offered the to bear the expenses,as it was their responsibility check the animals before shipping,and mind you the disease was confirmed by other countries too,as they refused to accept the sheep.
Shooting the animals was too expensive,and no guarantee that the ship had died in one shot.
But its all about expenses,as the sheep were imported as merchandise not for animal charity

Totally agree. I dont know why Pakistan accepted these Sheep in the first place. They should have not let the sheep out. Just sent it back and saved yourselves the trouble.

Yeah but it isnt the US!

Totally agree. I dont know why Pakistan accepted these Sheep in the first place. They should have not let the sheep out. Just sent it back and saved yourselves the trouble.

Which is why it shouldn't matter but the public image of Pakistan is already in bad shape shooting 21,000 sheep wouldn't help things.

In the future Pakistan should not allow the ship to even dock.

likewise Australia shouldn't try to cheat countries by selling them diseased sheep...
Hope GOP puts a permanent ban on animal import from Australia...specially after their media drama.

and you Pakistanis don't bother where the sh!t is coming from but it should come in the form of aid. You would take it with love but again it should be free of cost.

did you hear the myth about the british aid which is given to india?? no??

likewise Australia shouldn't try to cheat countries by selling them diseased sheep...
Hope GOP puts a permanent ban on animal import from Australia...specially after their media drama.

had to spent on buying the sheep, then culling, so much money wasted and still these aussies are crying foul

disgusting behaviour

Do they even import livestock from Australia? If I was the PM I would have told Julia Gillard to shove it with her dirty animals. :lol:

and you Pakistanis don't bother where the sh!t is coming from but it should come in the form of aid. You would take it with love but again it should be free of cost.

Yet India is in the same situation with British Aid, your people do not want it but your leaders are more than willing to accept it. Sound familiar???

did you hear the myth about the british aid which is given to india?? no??

had to spent on buying the sheep, then culling, so much money wasted and still these aussies are crying foul

disgusting behaviour

the importer should take the matter to the court..
much evidence can be presented as gulf countries refused the shipment and they too have records of the diseased shipment..

Culling is never pleasant, that's why it's culling!

Who said it was pleasant? Of course its mass murder and therefore unpleasant. Am sure even during Eid when more animals are being culled, they didnt suffer this much, because people must have atleast taken care to do it the proper Halal way.

All methods used to speed animal cull - Telegraph

Check that link. I just found it. Here is an excerpt where the UK govt did offer guns:

LIVESTOCK are being culled by a variety of methods in the desperate attempt to curb the epidemic. Under Ministry of Agriculture rules they must be shot by skilled marksmen who hold firearms certificates or by licensed slaughtermen. Farmers can apply for licences under the foot and mouth rules. Smaller animals can be shot by pistol, rifle or shotgun.

Here is another so I dont appear biased:

The RSPCA has objected to the use of rifles. It claims they are too noisy, can cause distress to the animals and are not accurate enough for a quick kill. Usually, to comply with animal welfare rules, livestock are stunned and killed one after the other so that each animal does not see the fate of its predecessor.

In 1967-68, when the last major foot and mouth epidemic struck Britain, Government vets were issued with .32 calibre revolvers to destroy animals. However, the ministry is now wary about allowing vets to carry firearms. Health and Safety rules have been cited, but tighter firearms rules have also been taken into account.

Instead, vets are equipped with supplies of lethal injections for on-the-spot diagnosis and destruction. But this method is not practical for large herds and flocks.

For this, the ministry prefers to use licensed slaughtermen. "We are trying to use captive bolt guns as much as possible. We don't want bullets flying around," a ministry spokesman said. The RSPCA was yesterday trying for the second day to obtain Government permission to monitor the cull and burial of livestock at Great Orton airfield, Cumbria.

So something like that could have been done.

Which is why it shouldn't matter but the public image of Pakistan is already in bad shape shooting 21,000 sheep wouldn't help things.

This has nothing to do with Pakistan's image. Am talking about, a better more efficient way of doing. Culling animals is not gonna get anyone a positive image anyway. Whether its Pakistan or another country.

Do they even import livestock from Australia? If I was the PM I would have told Julia Gillard to shove it with her dirty animals. :lol:

Yet India is in the same situation with British Aid, your people do not want it but your leaders are more than willing to accept it. Sound familiar???

that is the money they pay for the revenue dey generated by using our resources

Who said it was pleasant? Of course its mass murder and therefore unpleasant. Am sure even during Eid when more animals are being culled, they didnt suffer this much, because people must have atleast taken care to do it the proper Halal way.

Check that link. I just found it. Here is an excerpt where the UK govt did offer guns:

This has nothing to do with Pakistan's image. Am talking about, a better more efficient way of doing. Culling animals is not gonna get anyone a positive image anyway. Whether its Pakistan or another country.

1) It says guns were considered but not used, now take into account the sheer size of the culling 21000 is a lot of animals and that represents a lot of preparations and then there's inefficiency.

2) The second reference refers to a bolt gun, not a real gun. A bolt gun is sometimes used to deliver a spring loaded bolt to the front of the head to 'Stun' the animal but modern research counters that by saying that the method does not 'Stun' the animal rather it gives it a concussion due to which the animal appears disoriented.

They had anthrax which doesn't exist in Pakistan and therefore they never got through the quarantine exactly why they didn't in Bahrain. Julia, is making a mountain out a of a mole to look "tough" for Australian live export industry, nothing more.

There is a PHD article about Pakistani / Muslim method of culling / slaughter....I cant ind it now but will post later..

Long story short..A Quick incision on the neck cuts Oxygen and Blood supply to the brain immediately and the animal does not feel pain after the pain of incision itself.
The rest o the movement we see by the animal are through the command of Spinal cord where the Instincts reside..Spine cannot feel pain only Brain can...

we can debate on this all day..But the truth is that no certain way has been scientifically proved to be more or less painful than the other...

halal is the most inhumane way to kill animals

it takes time for animal to die.... and causes lot of pain too

first of all no need to kill animals wen god has given u vegetables.....

but if need be JHATKA is the way animals die much fast with minimal suffering

That's bullshit. Run away vegetarians.

But I agree on the jhatka part though. One cut and its done.

Back
Top Bottom