What's new

Ask your question about Iran

Yes it was purely b/c of earthquake issue. Like our country Iran also lies on a major fault line.

I still remember when there was that earthquake in Bam in early 2000s....i was very saddened by it.

Inshallah at some point when i am able to, i will visit Tehran. My grandfather was a diplomat @ Pak Consulate in Masshad during the Ayub Khan/Shahi days

what a different era that was for BOTH countries

Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan all had better times back then. Hopefully we will rise again to even newer heights.

@Abii You seen Tame gilas/Taste of cherry? The Kiarostami film that won the Palm d'or.

Its the only film I've seen that manages to be dull/boring and interesting at the same time lol

3-4 years ago I was really into all these "jashnvare" type films and I watched em all. I watched tame gilas way before that though so I don't remember much. I remember that I didn't like it back then (I was really young). I'll give it another go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol TurAr has been reading this thread for over 3 hours now. Either he is writing the longest post in PDF history or he is on a reconnaissance mission for Turkish government. :P

I was actually studying, and checking here time to time as an excuse for giving a break.

I see that it is about to turn into another flame fest...

3-4 years ago I was really into all these "jashnvare" type films and I watched em all. I watched tame gilas way before that though so I don't remember much. I remember that I didn't like it back then (I was really young). I'll give it another go.

Just don't watch it if you are feeling depressed. Might tip you over the edge.

I know a couple of Qizilbash from Afghanistan, and they all are loving Iran.... :D

well, their ancestors came from Persia and other parts of Central Asia. Now mostly nestled in Afghan-Pakistan region. Some refer to them as Pakhtuns but in reality their native language is a dialect of Farsi.

the word "qizil" in Turkish means red and "bash" refers to the head....literally -- red-head, though I've met Qizilbashis who are fair but not red-headed. I guess over time genetics evolved.

good people....hard-working

Back
Top Bottom