What's new

As they say in Kerala, there's more to life than GDP - The Globe and Mail

Same mutual feeling here.

Was great reading the fiction saying extortion money collected from all business people in a state like kerala.

I guess facts based on somebody's words and making the rest of it based on imagination and so on...

As always people not from here are experts on matters they dont know.

Naah...u'r the only true mallu here ..... rest are all fakes ....you know you sound a bit like Arvind Kejriwal :P

Naah...u'r the only true mallu here ..... rest are all fakes ....you know you sound a bit like Arvind Kejriwal :P

I would like to see anyone else too sharing your views from the state...that would be good.

Wonderful Kerala model of development as compared to Gujarat model of development.

Biss7Q9CYAAHAem.jpg:large

Communal Gujarat compared with "secular" Kerala and Bengal. :P

Kerala and Sri Lanka has many things in common than any other part in the sub continent.. From high HDI's to societal attitudes to even geography and weather

From my travels the only differences i've encountered is its definitely more crowded, less cleaner and the lack in infrastructure out side the tourist areas.. Mind you Kerala has some amazing resorts and friendly locals

Kerala and Sri Lanka has many things in common than any other part in the sub continent.. From high HDI's to societal attitudes to even geography and weather

From my travels the only differences i've encountered is its definitely more crowded, less cleaner and the lack in infrastructure out side the tourist areas.. Mind you Kerala has some amazing resorts and friendly locals

Its directly proportional to each other

Any Keralite, would realy find it hard to believe this survey.

Kerala women are a bit sensitive...aren't they.

Any Keralite, would realy find it hard to believe this survey.

This keralite actually finds the number lower. Sakhi survey showed over 90 % of women feel unsafe while travelling on Kerala roads after sunset o_O . Over 98% women in Thiruvananthapuram and 99% women in Kozhikode cited sexual harassment as their major concern. These are kerala govt. stats.

90% women feel unsafe on Kerala roads: study

Kerala women are a bit sensitive...aren't they.

Exactly :lol: ....they should dress up more conservatively. :P .... they should not feel threatened when men stare and make lewd comments. Time to 'develop' kerala some more and make the women less sensitive to sexual abuse. :enjoy:

Low per capaita GDP means you are parochial,you spend the most of your life where you are born。

Low per capaita GDP means you are parochial,you spend the most of your life where you are born。

Definitely not true. Keralites are almost everywhere on the globe...and in strong numbers.

WTF ...... are your serious ? You mean I will go to the media and cry foul when the local communist leader comes up and ask me to pay up or be a silent partner in my business ? :lol:

Businessmen are not idealistic activists, they are stressed out men who are aware of the cost of doing business in kerala and act accordingly.

Your'e an idiot and a fraud to boot.
Businessman pays usually the police and local gundas, never heard organised parties collecting extortion money in recent times.

I have never heard of communist parties extorting any businessmen for money. I should know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway....

Percentage of households with facilities for sanitation: Gujarat- 47.3; Kerala- 95.2

Percentage of households with access to drinking water in premises: Gujarat- 64; Kerala- 77.7

Percentage of households with electricity as their primary source of lighting: Gujarat- 90.4; Kerala- 94.4 (A bit surprised to see that electrification in Gujarat isn't actually complete, as widely claimed.)

Percentage of households with telephone connection: Gujarat- 69; Kerala- 89.7

Percentage of households without any of the above mentioned facilities: Gujarat- 18.7; Kerala- 4.8

Definitely not true. Keralites are almost everywhere on the globe...and in strong numbers.
I have never heard of communist parties extorting any businessmen for money. I should know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to see the 'secular' christians making such lucid arguments for sikularism :lol:

Are you the head of the communist party to know how they extort money ? ...... let me guess, you own the largest business houses in kerala :P

Percentage of households with facilities for sanitation: Gujarat- 47.3; Kerala- 95.2

Percentage of households with access to drinking water in premises: Gujarat- 64; Kerala- 77.7

Gujarat is a Arid and semi arid region while Kerala is a land of rivers (44 Major Rivers).

Kerala average rainfall is 3107 mm as compared to all India average of 1,197 mm. Gujarat receives 914 mm.

Percentage of households with electricity as their primary source of lighting: Gujarat- 90.4; Kerala- 94.4 (A bit surprised to see that electrification in Gujarat isn't actually complete, as widely claimed.)

Percentage of households without any of the above mentioned facilities: Gujarat- 18.7; Kerala- 4.8

Kerala has a population density of 819 people per sq. km. while Gujarat has a population density of 310 people per sq. km.

Now do I need to tell you how population density affects electric distribution, supply and cost ? .....compare a city with any village in India and you will understand why that is relevant.

However Gujarat provides 3 phase uninterrupted power supply to all its villages, does kerala do the same ? :P ...... tell me you have not faced any power cut in kerala :lol:

But more than anything else 74% of women in Gujarat feel SAFE, 73% of women in kerala feel UNSAFE. So which is a taliban state ?

Last edited:
However Gujarat provides 3 phase uninterrupted power supply to all its villages, does kerala do the same ? :P ...... tell me you have not faced any power cut in kerala :lol:

Well if you can take nature as an excuse I can do so as well, powercuts mostly happen due to heavy rainfall and thunderstorms, but in contrast to the past the occasions on which this happens has decreased and the response time for repairs has been cut as well.

Anyway....

And dont forget that there were not occasions in Kerala were mobs attacked each other and killed thousands of people because of religious tensions.

Why would you not want to start your business in Kerala?
Communist parties dominate in election
Not good for business
Remember Kolkata was capital of British India, and now cities like Banglore/Hyderabad/Pune are growing rapidly and will surpass Kolkata with in this decade

Communist parties dominate in election
Not good for business
Remember Kolkata was capital of British India, and now cities like Banglore/Hyderabad/Pune are growing rapidly and will surpass Kolkata with in this decade

I don't understand one thing, if India is a democracy as whole, then how can they let Communism creep into some states?

Back
Top Bottom