What's new

As they say in Kerala, there's more to life than GDP - The Globe and Mail

Hartal rates have came down big time, it has a negative effect these days.
dude iam a keralite too, i went to my grand mother home on a sunday immediately out of nothing polticial parties started a hartal i had to leave my vehicle at my grandmother home fearing these assholes would throw rocks and even burn my car.i had to walk 5km and got a auto to my luck ...these hartals rates have come down but still its a pain in the ***

Not true.

Which part ? the part about paying the local leader to keep your business running ? or that most people pay up and negotiate before a hartal can take place ?

I have some kandam land in kerala which I cannot sell or use for constructions. It has been lying ideal for more than 20 years :lol: .....seriously what part of what I said is not true ?

Which part ? the part about paying the local leader to keep your business running ? or that most people pay up and negotiate before a hartal can take place ?

You just cant pay and keep business running. There is no negotiation.

With these much of concentration of medias per population , anything of that sort will be a mainstream news.

You just cant pay and keep business running. There is no negotiation.

With these much of concentration of medias per population , anything of that sort will be a mainstream news.

WTF ...... are your serious ? You mean I will go to the media and cry foul when the local communist leader comes up and ask me to pay up or be a silent partner in my business ? :lol:

Businessmen are not idealistic activists, they are stressed out men who are aware of the cost of doing business in kerala and act accordingly.

WTF ...... are your serious ? You mean I will go to the media and cry foul when the local communist leader comes up and ask me to pay up or be a silent partner in my business ? :lol:

Businessmen are not idealistic activists, they are stressed out men who are aware of the cost of doing business in kerala and act accordingly.

Businessman pays usually the police and local gundas, never heard organised parties collecting extortion money in recent times.

Businessman pays usually the police and local gundas, never heard organised parties collecting extortion money in recent times.

LOL. It is slightly more sophisticated than that. The name of the local/senior leader is written into the contract that states he will do some imaginary work for which a regular monthly payout is made as per the 'contract'. :lol: All very legal I assure you. :P

LOL. It is slightly more sophisticated than that. The name of the local/senior leader is written into the contract that states he will do some imaginary work for which a regular monthly payout is made as per the 'contract'. :lol: All very legal I assure you. :P

Okayy.. Good one.

Okayy.. Good one.

No independent business exist in kerala that do not pay money to this Mafia. Either the business is owned by them or pay them. Its like Don Corleon all over again. A state run by Don Corleon. :P

You do not play by the 'rules' BAM !!! you are out of business.....

No independent business exist in kerala that do not pay money to this Mafia. Either the business is owned by them or pay them. Its like Don Corleon all over again. A state run by Don Corleon. :P

You do not play by the 'rules' BAM !!! you are out of business.....

Nice story bro!. :-)

LOL......so how do you think kerala minsters get money to fight elections ? ...... do that money come from 'gelf' too ? :P

How do all the ministers get money to fight elections countrywide or world wide?

How do all the ministers get money to fight elections countrywide or world wide?

:lol: In other parts of India there is something called Private enterprise ........something missing in kerala in case you have not figured that out.

I can do business in Banglore or Hyderabad or Gujarat without paying extortion money to the political parties, I cannot do that in Kerala. Kapish ?

:lol: In other parts of India there is something called Private enterprise ........something missing in kerala in case you have not figured that out.

I can do business in Banglore or Hyderabad or Gujarat without paying extortion money to the political parties, I cannot do that in Kerala. Kapish ?

I am also doing businesses and even most of the people whom i know also doing the same.

Never heard anything of an extortion from anybody until now.

They pay if they need favors, but not as a compulsory exercise.

Hence all the things you said sounds fictional to me.

I am also doing businesses and even most of the people whom i know also doing the same.

Never heard anything of an extortion from anybody until now.

They pay if they need favors, but not as a compulsory exercise.

Hence all the things you said sounds fictional to me.

Ya based on what you have said so far I totally believe you are doing business :lol: ......... so much so that I wont even bother asking you what business. :coffee:

Still you can only take a horse to the water, you cannot make him drink....:wave:

Ya based on what you have said so far I totally believe you are doing business :lol: ......... so much so that I wont even bother asking you what business. :coffee:

Still you can only take a horse to the water, you cannot make him drink....:wave:

Same mutual feeling here.

Was great reading the fiction saying extortion money collected from all business people in a state like kerala.

I guess facts based on somebody's words and making the rest of it based on imagination and so on...

As always people not from here are experts on matters they dont know.

Back
Top Bottom