What's new

Army scuttles Arjun trials to push through T-90 purchase

I really wish, Indian army cancels T-90 order and take Arjunk, instead.

Seems you don't care about your booys;too bad man!!Arjunk is the perfect name by the way because it will turn your Al Khalids into junks.Your only hope is your 360 or so T 80UDs,rests are just useless against Arjun (or Arjunk).

stay on topic, that was a trolling attempt.

T-90 ms is a beast of a tank,i'm not sry we may be buying it,what i'm asking is why are not t-72s being replaced by arjuns instead of wasting money on so called 'ajeya' upgrades?

This news is BS. The proposals to purchase T-90MS have been on the table for a while for the north and NE. There is no question of he Arjun taking a backseat to the T-90 on the West/plains the IA has already got 240+ on order and more than likely buy more. The concerns of the IA concerning the Arjun are valid but they are being resolved.

This is a non-story.

No its not BS. Why did General Kapoor allow the Indian army to purchase the Inferior versions of T 90's in the first place. This model was available and Kapoor made this decision just before leaving office. Its high time you stop defending these actions and start admitting there are key problems in our India. Kapoor forced the purchase of the inferior models, then yrs later the Russians offer an upgrade that they already had in place. Can you smell the bullshit?

T-90 ms is a beast of a tank,i'm not sry we may be buying it,what i'm asking is why are not t-72s being replaced by arjuns instead of wasting money on so called 'ajeya' upgrades?

Stop getting caught up in the looks. The new tank is better but what bothers me is that this was available back then, Our army is full of corruption. If they had done their research then we would not be spending so much more.

The T90 is the right choice for the mountains. I agree with the generals. As for the Arjun, it is very expensive, and is probably better used as a tech demonstrator for the next gen tanks.

This is the reason why people said Arjun, just like LCA and Kaveri,are failed projects. They are costly, budget and schedule overrun projects that end up being tech demonstrators at best. India should spend more money on its poor.

The T90 is the right choice for the mountains. I agree with the generals. As for the Arjun, it is very expensive, and is probably better used as a tech demonstrator for the next gen tanks.

Yeah T90 is only good for Mountains, that is why send the T90s already ordered to mountains and fill the gap in plains and desert with Arjuns. The more Arjuns get inducted, lesser will be the per tank cost.

Yeah T90 is only good for Mountains, that is why send the T90s already ordered to mountains and fill the gap in plains and desert with Arjuns. The more Arjuns get inducted, lesser will be the per tank cost.

Only deserts. It is too heavy for roads and bridges.

It seems like India spends Billions of dollars on producing Indigenous weapons systems and then discards them to buy foreign weapons. What a waste of resources. Wouldn't it be smarter to purchase foreign weapons complete with ToT and save all that money.

No its not BS. Why did General Kapoor allow the Indian army to purchase the Inferior versions of T 90's in the first place. This model was available and Kapoor made this decision just before leaving office. Its high time you stop defending these actions and start admitting there are key problems in our India. Kapoor forced the purchase of the inferior models, then yrs later the Russians offer an upgrade that they already had in place. Can you smell the bullshit?

Stop getting caught up in the looks. The new tank is better but what bothers me is that this was available back then, Our army is full of corruption. If they had done their research then we would not be spending so much more.
I agree there may be issues that need addressing but I would argue there is too much readiness to accept corruption over genuine concerns. The IA leadership is nowhere near as bad as you are trying to make out. There are valid reaosns why the T-90MS is a better option for certain eviroments over the Arjun but the writer has simply overlooked this. There is really no proof these trails were "scuttled" because of vested interests or whatever. Time and time again we hear these sensationalist news stories based on minor and tedious peices of info that are blown up and later we hear (with much less fanfare) the REAL reasons behind such events and the reasons are perfectly valid and understandable.

The media is all too quick to jump the gun in these cases, it happens again and again and it unfairly tarnishes certain people and institutions.

We, Pakistani and indians need tounderstand the millitary people do not descend from heavens, they are very much part of this society, when they see illiterate, incompetent, useless politicians plundering money day and night, why will they not want to do the same?

As a result when indian millitary favours imported millitary equipment over homegrown Arjun and Tejas, for hefty kickbacks, indian members out of frustration and patriotism, start bashing AlKhalid and Thunder. So if the indian millitary high command was not so greedy and corrupt, we would have a healthy discussion on PDF. :)

We, Pakistani and indians need tounderstand the millitary people do not descend from heavens, they are very much part of this society, when they see illiterate, incompetent, useless politicians plundering money day and night, why will they not want to do the same?

As a result when indian millitary favours imported millitary equipment over homegrown Arjun and Tejas, for hefty kickbacks, indian members out of frustration and patriotism, start bashing AlKhalid and Thunder. So if the indian millitary high command was not so greedy and corrupt, we would have a healthy discussion on PDF. :)

Both the DRDO, HAL plus the military are to blame for the failure of Arjun and LCA. Everyone should have a share of the blame for such a colassal incompetence. I can attest that India does produce excellent engineers. But India never able to manage the development and production of high ticket weapons.

Back
Top Bottom