What's new

Army goes for missiles to counter enemy Fighter Aircraft and Cruise Missiles

New Recruit

Reaction score
Army goes for missiles to counter enemy fighter aircraft and cruise missiles

The Army is seeking a QR-SAM capable of being launched within six seconds and taking on hovering helicopters also. It wants the new systems to have the ability of firing two missiles at a time and simultaneously guide them to the desired targets.

The Army has reportedly placed orders for four squadrons of SPYDER QR-SAMs from Israel. The DRDO is also working on the development of a home grown QR-SAM system and planning to co-develop it with a foreign partner.

The RFI states the missile system should be capable of operating in the electronic warfare environment and should be provided with Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare protection system.[/B]

The Army wants its new systems to be highly mobile and capable of being moved on rail-based platforms besides being mobile in desert and semi-desert terrain.

It also wants the vendors to do a transfer of technology to Indian firms so that the missile system can be later on produced in India also. Global missile manufacturers including MBDA of France and Israeli Rafale are expected to offer their systems to the Army.

ASIAN DEFENCE: Indian Army to Procure Quick Reaction SAM

Last edited:
by such measures it will be difficult to penetrate Indian airspace and if pakistan uses its nukes(which are already under american shadow) it would be doing a great harm on itself, just wait for 5-6 yrs

How effective are this missiles, particularly against the terrain hugging cruise missiles?

Added cruise missiles on your own into the title? Nothing in the article mentions it can take on Pakistan's cruise missiles.

Added cruise missiles on your own into the title? Nothing in the article mentions it can take on Pakistan's cruise missiles.

It is the first line of the article and is from a blog I guess. Its been going on for years and BARAK-NG and SPYDER are being negotiated for it.

Indian Army to procure quick reaction surface to air missiles

New Delhi: To secure its skies from enemy fighter aircraft and cruise missiles, the Indian Army is planning to procure more quick reaction surface to air missiles (QR-SAMs) from global vendors.

In a Request for Information (RFI) issued yesterday, without mentioning the number of systems to be procured, the Army has asked the vendors to provide missile systems which have a range of over nine kilometres and are capable of taking on aircraft or missiles at an altitude of up to six kilometres.

The Army is seeking a QR-SAM capable of being launched within six seconds and taking on hovering helicopters also. It wants the new systems to have the ability of firing two missiles at a time and simultaneously guide them to the desired targets.

The Army has reportedly placed orders for four squadrons of SPYDER QR-SAMs from Israel. The DRDO is also working on the development of a home grown QR-SAM system and planning to co-develop it with a foreign partner.

The RFI states the missile system should be capable of operating in the electronic warfare environment and should be provided with Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare protection system.

The Army wants its new systems to be highly mobile and capable of being moved on rail-based platforms besides being mobile in desert and semi-desert terrain.

It also wants the vendors to do a transfer of technology to Indian firms so that the missile system can be later on produced in India also. Global missile manufacturers including MBDA of France and Israeli Rafale are expected to offer their systems to the Army.

PTI

Indian Army to procure quick reaction surface to air missiles

by such measures it will be difficult to penetrate Indian airspace and if pakistan uses its nukes(which are already under american shadow) it would be doing a great harm on itself, just wait for 5-6 yrs

Let Me Guess You just came out of gutter and Think you have every thing figured out cause of some fresh Air.

I suggest You crawl back in your hole and keep telling your self ''i have nothing to fear Americans have it covered''.

Let Me Guess You just came out of gutter and Think you have every thing figured out cause of some fresh Air.

I suggest You crawl back in your hole and keep telling your self ''i have nothing to fear Americans have it covered''.

If that was the case india would have sunk long back we didnot have USA in 65,71,99.......................... they were covering ur A$$ not ours and its u who needs the fresh air form home grown terrorism........... so before pointing ur finger at some one first see to it that it has credibility not blabber like baboon................. :coffee:

Originally Posted by Cheetah786 View Post

If that was the case india would have sunk long back we didnot have USA in 65,71,99.......................... they were covering ur A$$ not ours and its u who needs the fresh air form home grown terrorism........... so before pointing ur finger at some one first see to it that it has credibility not blabber like baboon................. :coffee:

Mr flame ranter no 786 ,I suppose you got ur answer,.
You see it wasnt me answering your post ,but someone else(krish) who gave you a quick reaction, so now go and take some fresh air , .

BTW why you are talking abt some gutter of yours , when people in this thread are discussing abt QR SAMs ??

Back
Top Bottom