What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

Just search google news for "Indian army corruption."

you will find a Long list of articles going back to Bofors scandal

In any armed forces the Army is always the most corrupt. In India the army is working hard to be number one in this field.:hitwall:

The number of firms black listed for the army artillery.
Is just the tip of the ice berg.

I just want Arjun to get its trial by fire.
so either we can induct in 1000's or build a new tank.

Yea due to the allegation of bribary and scandal MoD blacklisted almost all the artillery production firm around the world :hitwall:..And now they allowed blacklisted firm to take part in trials..dont know what kind of circus is going on there :hitwall:

What's you point ptldM3, what are you trying to prove? That the T-90 is on par with its Western counterparts? If that's so, I'm sorry to say but you're sadly mistaken.

Well the T-90 can penatrate 950 mm of armour compared with Abrams 790 mm. It can detection night targets at ranges as far as 1,100 meters. It's capable of firing anti tank missles. The Shtora-1 jams weapons guided laser systems, as does the 3D6 aerosol grenade discharging systems.

Does the Abrams even have protection beyond its armour?

The Abrams isn't as invisible as you may think.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1e/DM-SD-04-07075.jpg/800px-DM-SD-04-07075.jpg

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2006/03/10/image1388452g.jpg

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/501/abrams_lessons_learned5a.jpg http://i16.tinypic.com/6t02b01.gif

Just google destroyed Abrams and you will see countless images.

Last edited:
Says who? The greatest self-proclaimed military expert of our times? :lol:

It is absolutely retarded to point out the performance of T-72 during Operation Desert Storm and Shield because those under Iraqi service were poorly maintained, had no countermeasures suite and had no explosive-reactive armor. And not to forget the fact that Iraqi crewmen were poorly trained and US forces enjoyed absolute air superiority.

So, go take your useless rants somewhere else.

Dude he just doesn't like Russian Gear.

Let it go, he is Anti-Russian for reasons unknown.

Well the T-90 can penatrate 950 mm of armour compared with Abrams 790 mm. It can detection night targets at ranges as far as 1,100 meters. It's capable of firing anti tank missles. The Shtora-1 jams weapons guided laser systems, as does the 3D6 aerosol grenade discharging systems.

You are wasting your time. ptldM3

The only thing he has against all the equipment is the fact that they were made by Russians.

No sane argument you make can cure him of such blind hatred.

The only known treatment for such things is a practical demonstration. :lol:

No offense to Pak . i cant change that. But i can tell you its not my message

If you dont like the content of the videos then there is always.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Abrams isn't as invisible as you may think.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1e/DM-SD-04-07075.jpg/800px-DM-SD-04-07075.jpg

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2006/03/10/image1388452g.jpg

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/501/abrams_lessons_learned5a.jpg http://i16.tinypic.com/6t02b01.gif

The Abrams were destroyed by road side bombs, not by anti tank guns or missiles.(At least the majority were not)

US army cannot be beaten head on, so the enemy resorted to terrorist tactics.

Says who? The greatest self-proclaimed military expert of our times? :lol:

It is absolutely retarded to point out the performance of T-72 during Operation Desert Storm and Shield because those under Iraqi service were poorly maintained, had no countermeasures suite and had no explosive-reactive armor. And not to forget the fact that Iraqi crewmen were poorly trained and US forces enjoyed absolute air superiority.

So, go take your useless rants somewhere else.

And back then, the Abrams only existed in the A1 variant, without all the state of the art electrics that the SEP version comes packaged in today. Thus, I say it was a fairly even match, especially when only ~200-300 of them were sent in to fight from the start, to outmatch and outgun more than 1:3 in the war. FYI, those were Abram kills alone, not air kills.

Dude he just doesn't like Russian Gear.

Let it go, he is Anti-Russian for reasons unknown.

He is not anti-Russia. He just believe that the latest US weaponry is the world's best. Which is a consensus view world wide.

The Chinese guys and the Pakistani buys believe in that. I guess only some Indians in here believe that US weaponry is #2 behind India. Totally bias and lack of logic.

The only thing he has against all the equipment is the fact that they were made by Russians.

If there is a war between Pak and India, Pakistani army would be facing T-90, not Arjun. So its pointless to talk about how good is Arjun if Indian Army is not buying them. Try to sell to Columbia and if the Columbia want them, then try to sell them to Indian army again.

He is not anti-Russia. He just believe that the latest US weaponry is the world's best. Which is a consensus view world wide.

The Chinese guys and the Pakistani buys believe in that. I guess only some Indians in here believe that US weaponry is #2 behind India. Totally bias and lack of logic.

I didnt know that T-90 was an Indian weapon ..dont be a third rate basher around here

These are just add-on technologies to the chassis and turret, which still are redesigns or recycles of the T-72, which was rolled on by the Abrams in both Iraqi wars, though the former war was more impressive, since the A1 variant is an 80's platform, around the same time(Albeit a bit later) than the Soviet T-72.

Doesn't need any, especially when the 125's from the T-72's can't penetrate the Depleted U layer to begin with.

It's not invisible, it produces so much heat it's not funny, making itself such a big target to heat signature rounds.

What you see when you google that are in fact not losses to the enemy, but rather losses to friendly fire. More Abrams were destroyed by Mavericks and AGM-114's than useless RPG's which don't even follow a reasonably straight trajectory.

I didnt know that T-90 was an Indian weapon ..dont be a third rate basher around here

I never said that T-90 is an Indian weapon. Its certainly Russian and its current model is behind in performance vs the latest Abram M1A2.

India is not involve here. But Indians here believe that India is #1 in technology is what I observed. Nothing to do with Abram vs T-90 though.

On a 2nd thought, if T-90 can really take on the latest Abram and India has that version, i can see why IA won't want Arjan. But sorry, T-90 can't.

vR87SSom5nA[/media] - T-90 It's really hard to be the best

NfbAqeWDYug[/media] - ARJUN TANK

That monkey is for you, it shows you how blind you are to the military might of the USA. One day, when something near and dear to you is destroyed by the Corps, you'll realize how regretful you should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said that T-90 is an Indian weapon. Its certainly Russian and its current model is behind in performance vs the latest Abram M1A2.

India is not involve here. But Indians here believe that India is #1 in technology is what I observed. Nothing to do with Abram vs T-90 though.

On a 2nd thought, if T-90 can really take on the latest Abram and India has that version, i can see why IA won't want Arjan. But sorry, T-90 can't.

Point out any post where we Indians said T-90 can take Abrams??or we saying ours is no.1 technology..other wise it will be considered as a third rate ranting from you as usual to satisfy your sick ego

These are just add-on technologies to the chassis and turret, which still are redesigns or recycles of the T-72, which was rolled on by the Abrams in both Iraqi wars, though the former war was more impressive, since the A1 variant is an 80's platform, around the same time(Albeit a bit later) than the Soviet T-72.

Doesn't need any, especially when the 125's from the T-72's can't penetrate the Depleted U layer to begin with.

It's not invisible, it produces so much heat it's not funny, making itself such a big target to heat signature rounds.

What you see when you google that are in fact not losses to the enemy, but rather losses to friendly fire. More Abrams were destroyed by Mavericks and AGM-114's than useless RPG's which don't even follow a reasonably straight trajectory.

Maybe the army shouldn't use hellfire or Javeline when an Abram or Bradly is around.

The Abrams were destroyed by road side bombs, not by anti tank guns or missiles.(At least the majority were not)

US army cannot be beaten head on, so the enemy resorted to terrorist tactics.

terrorist tactics :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If it is against :usflag: than it become an act of terror? :taz:

What about Guerrilla tactics?

Back
Top Bottom