What's new

Arjun News & Discussions

-Like I said, spell check, read before engaging head in gear!

I read perfectly, and i can tell you can't even correctly pronounce Chechnya, let alone sound it out and atleast come close to spelling it correctly, so good luck on spell checking "Cherneyans".

-Last time I checked, speaking one's mind in public was fine. By your standards, as you're speaking your mind as of now, you're a retard?
Lazy people don't get anywhere in this world, go find it yourself, child.

You can speak your mind. However, I have no respect for racists. when you start using such phrases as "i hate Russians" and "Puke tank" then you better be prepared for what's coming. Did you think i was going to thank you for your remarks?

-Usually, people search the net for their own interests, because they want to fit in more. As you're searching for retards, are you trying to fit in with them more, making yourself one of them?

Usually people post links to back up their claims. Like i said, i have yet to see videos of T-90's in Georgia, so please give a link, and don't give me that gouv-nau about searching yourself, you make a claim, back it up. It's a simple concept.

The current best main battle tank from the USA, Russia, and China Just for sharing ideas

The table below shows some comparison among these three MBTs. It sources from US Defence, Jane’s, Sinodefence, and wikipedia.

M1A2
T-90
ZTZ-99

Number in service
1500 M1A2
500 T-90
200 ZTZ99

Weight (tonnes)

Cruising range (km)

Power/weight (hp/tonnes)

Speed (km/h)

Speed, off road (km/h)
n.a

Armor
All have unknown composite, ERA

Protection
NBC
NBC
NBC

Primary gun (mm)

Gun range (m)

Rounds penetration (mm)

Secondary gun (mm)

Anti aircraft gun (mm)

ATGM capability
No
Yes
Yes

ATGM range (m)

Night vision
Yes
Yes
Yes

Laser finder
Yes
Yes
Yes

Autoloader
No
Yes
Yes

Crew

From the table, we may think that the ZTZ-99 is the best. It has a anti tank guided missile (ATGM) similar to T-90 but it has more power and speed. Also, ZTZ-99 is 2000s design technology, whereas M1A2 and T-90 based on the 1980s design with improved sensors and armaments. However, unlike M1A2 and T-90 (assuming it is used in Georgian conflict), ZTZ-99 does not have any real combat experience yet. :smitten::pakistan::china:

During Operation Desert Shield, US Coalition forces armed with M1A1 Abrams tanks destroyed over a thousand enemy T-72's, while suffering 0 LOSSES of their own, this shows the structural integrity of the Abrams and the sheer uselessness of Russian crap.

I meant about Arjun..

During Operation Desert Shield, US Coalition forces armed with M1A1 Abrams tanks destroyed over a thousand enemy T-72's, while suffering 0 LOSSES of their own, this shows the structural integrity of the Abrams and the sheer uselessness of Russian crap.

Firstly, 23 abams were taken out. Secondly, most of Iraq's tank force was made up of, "T-55 and T-62 tanks, as well as Iraqi assembled Russian T-72s, and locally-produced copies (Asad Babil tank). The T-72s like most Soviet export designs lacked night vision systems and then-modern rangefinders."

Iraqi tanks could not fire anti-tank missiles like their Russian counterparts.
M1 Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just so you know many Iraqi tanks were taken out from the air. Like one American general said " The results would have been the same if we operated the same tanks because our training was that good."

Great video, but that really depends on what round was used on the tank, and of what caliber it is. Usual 120 HEAT's do the trick fine, but if that's an 80 mil rocket destroying that tank, then the Russians shouldn't even have existed as a so called "Superpower" in the past decades. Sorry, I meant USSR, not Russia, I hope I didn't destroy any of your pride, my apologies.

Merkava's, considered the best armoured tanks in the world, were getting knocked out as if they were plastic toys, during the Lebonon conflict.

This is what good Russian RPG's do to Merkava's, what do you think will happen to the Abrams?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy its about Arjun.. dont derail the topic.stick to the topic :tup:

I read perfectly, and i can tell you can't even correctly pronounce Chechnya, let alone sound it out and atleast come close to spelling it correctly, so good luck on spell checking "Cherneyans".

You can speak your mind. However, I have no respect for racists. when you start using such phrases as "i hate Russians" and "Puke tank" then you better be prepared for what's coming. Did you think i was going to thank you for your remarks?

Usually people post links to back up their claims. Like i said, i have yet to see videos of T-90's in Georgia, so please give a link, and don't give me that gouv-nau about searching yourself, you make a claim, back it up. It's a simple concept.

In terms of weaponry, the US is miles ahead of others. Everyone else is gunning for the distant 2nd. Its like some Olympic competitoin, we know who is going to win the gold. Its the battle for the silver that is interesting.

So if something is a good or a junk is all relative to what its compare with. The Abram tank had proven its mark in battle. The one tank it had encountered is the T-72. And Abram definitely owns T-72 in the Iraqi desert. As for T-90 Vs M1A2, I would be very surprise if T-90 can compete against M1A2.

No,No,ZTZ99 has nothing with T90,Jane's Defence Weekly 2008 Top 10 Tanks
1.M1A2 SEP
2.leopard2A6
3.leclerc AMX
4.ZTZ99
7.T-90C/S

Ya ya i know i was thinking of another Chinese tank.

edited my post once i realized what tank it was.

We'll have find out at the test. Its pointless to theorize, especially a field test is immenent.

Yes thats what i am saying too..wait till after the test is over to right off Arjun..

The current best main battle tank from the USA, Russia, and China Just for sharing ideas

The table below shows some comparison among these three MBTs. It sources from US Defence, Jane’s, Sinodefence, and wikipedia.

M1A2
T-90
ZTZ-99

Number in service
1500 M1A2
500 T-90
200 ZTZ99

Weight (tonnes)

Cruising range (km)

Power/weight (hp/tonnes)

Speed (km/h)

Speed, off road (km/h)
n.a

Armor
All have unknown composite, ERA

Protection
NBC
NBC
NBC

Primary gun (mm)

Gun range (m)

Rounds penetration (mm)

Secondary gun (mm)

Anti aircraft gun (mm)

ATGM capability
No
Yes
Yes

ATGM range (m)

Night vision
Yes
Yes
Yes

Laser finder
Yes
Yes
Yes

Autoloader
No
Yes
Yes

Crew

From the table, we may think that the ZTZ-99 is the best. It has a anti tank guided missile (ATGM) similar to T-90 but it has more power and speed. Also, ZTZ-99 is 2000s design technology, whereas M1A2 and T-90 based on the 1980s design with improved sensors and armaments. However, unlike M1A2 and T-90 (assuming it is used in Georgian conflict), ZTZ-99 does not have any real combat experience yet. :smitten::pakistan::china:

Here is a video of ztz99,but not the latest ztz99A2
http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XOTQ4ODQ3NDA=/v.swf

Yes thats what i am saying too..wait till after the test is over to right off Arjun..

your assuming the test is conducting.

The IA keeps the competitive trials trials in Limbo.

They were first supposed to be conducted

in April 09 but IA said IA wanted full regiment exercise with 45 Arjuns and 45 T-90's. :hitwall: .

So it got moved to October 09 IA then said they wanted to conduct a war game style trial where. Where the tanks would have to capture key points. As efficiently as possible. And when DRDO objected to the sudden change as this kind of trial brings into play the experience and skill of the tank operators. IA postpone again. :hitwall:

Now its March 2010, what excuse will the IA make now.:hitwall:

What needs to happen is closure on this once and for all.

A trial by Fire against the T-90 to put all rumors and speculation to rest.

What ever the Result, sections within the IA seems to be intent on hiding it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom