What's new

Arjun Goes Gold

Well,first of all just name a single indigenous component used in your 'indigenous' AK,then we can discuss about the time line.
An indigenous heavy ERA MkII has been developed for Arjun tanks.Beside,a new hevy NERA also has been developed that can withstand multiple hits from HEAT warheads,which is obviously better than your ERA.
The Arjuns can fire the LAHAT atgm with a range of 8km and top attack capability.Your Ak only fires the obsolete Kombat and Refleks atgms with no top attack capability.
AK's biggest disadvantage is its carousel autoloader which can't hold modern long rod FSAPDS rounds,except which the Ak can't even breach the 'weak' side turret armor of Arjun MkI,as per your ofb site,the Tu rounds of Ak can penetrate only 480mm of RHA at 2000meter-pathetic!!Besides,the carousel stores the ammo in the hull right into the crew compartment.Now thanx to the weaker armor of Ak,if the tank is penetrated it will result into a catastroph-the turret will jump up like a jack in the box.On the other hand Arjun MkI stores its ammo into special canisters with blow out panels and separated from the crew by a thick composite wall,even if it gets hit the tank will escape to fight another day.
Well,first of all just name a single indigenous component used in your 'indigenous' AK,then we can discuss about the time line.
An indigenous heavy ERA MkII has been developed for Arjun tanks.Beside,a new hevy NERA also has been developed that can withstand multiple hits from HEAT warheads,which is obviously better than your ERA.
The Arjuns can fire the LAHAT atgm with a range of 8km and top attack capability.Your Ak only fires the obsolete Kombat and Refleks atgms with no top attack capability.
AK's biggest disadvantage is its carousel autoloader which can't hold modern long rod FSAPDS rounds,except which the Ak can't even breach the 'weak' side turret armor of Arjun MkI,as per your ofb site,the Tu rounds of Ak can penetrate only 480mm of RHA at 2000meter-pathetic!!Besides,the carousel stores the ammo in the hull right into the crew compartment.Now thanx to the weaker armor of Ak,if the tank is penetrated it will result into a catastroph-the turret will jump up like a jack in the box.On the other hand Arjun MkI stores its ammo into special canisters with blow out panels and separated from the crew by a thick composite wall,even if it gets hit the tank will escape to fight another day.

Reallly?
the ERA is 100% indegenous made by Gids
i am talking about the things already inducted fuckkk off this nera shera..
lol.sir the kombat range was 5km bt kombat is nt the old one anymore.i suspect its range more than 5km now.

sir you now seem ignorent to me.Pakistan and western countries use mostly the DU rounds..they are usually small bt can d more damage than the long tungston rounds..except the range part which support the tungston ones

Sir why do you think the armor of ak is weaker?any valid reason.the armor of ak with era is over 1000m while the arjun without era is somewhat around 640mm.
now compare yourself the armor
beside this the weight of ak1 is little bit increased due to upgrade it is around 50 tons while the weight of the arjunmk2 will also decrease to 54-55tons
the Ak2 being very advance and 1500hp engine will have atleast 55 tons weight

On the other hand Arjun MkI stores its ammo into special canisters with blow out panels and separated from the crew by a thick composite wall,even if it gets hit the tank will escape to fight another day.

who told you this bullshit man

If thats is the cost of mbt-2000....than AKs cost would be much more.

this is expensive bt sir this is the export cost of ak.which means profit might also be included

i think the cost of mbt 2000 is around 3millions USD.bt the ak1 is heavily upgraded so it might cost 4.5million to 5 millions..

we need to decrease it further to easily manufacture more and more ak's..we need atleast 1000ak1 and ak2 in service all the time

Stop the D*** measurements please:)
The MBT Arjun is classified as a Heavy MBT(With Abrams,Leo series,Merkava series,challenger.....etc).
The Al-Khalid is classified as a Medium MBT(With T-series,Chinese versions of the T-series.......etc).

Stop the D*** measurements please:)
The MBT Arjun is classified as a Heavy MBT(With Abrams,Leo series,Merkava series,challenger.....etc).
The Al-Khalid is classified as a Medium MBT(With T-series,Chinese versions of the T-series.......etc).

your arjun is rejected due to weight my jaan

the FMBT is to weight 50 tons
the mk2 weight will be decreased to 54-55ton
and the ak weight in HIT is 48ton bt the ak1 has many new features.50% are new features.the things like side skirts and many internal things also give it more weight
so someone in pakdef said the weight is now more likely at 50tons.

as i said before without era the weight of the arjun might be better bt arjun dont have era while without any doubt the armor of with era in the ak1 is far better than the arjun.

^^^Dude,stop bringing your MBT to this thread!
The FMBT is 8 years away from production.So,the Army can revisit their requirements too!
Edit-I do not know the credibility of this article so discretion is advised:)
http://www.defencenow.com/news/252/arjun_mark_ii_main_battle_tank_undergoes_preinduction_trials.html
P.S-Ignore the Merkava Pic used to depict MBT Arjun Mark2.
According to the above article,the weight of the Mark2 will be around 62tonnes.I cannot post other source due to forum issues but it confirms that the ERA will add a further 1.5 tonnes to the Existing 58.5 tonne behemoth.

^^^Dude,stop bringing your MBT to this thread!
The Mark 2,contrary to some popular beliefs,will weigh more and who gave that figure of 54-55T??
The FMBT is 8 years away from production.So,the Army can revisit their requirements too!

search yourself.the weight will be decreased

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

39536497.jpg

weight decreasing to 55tons

I really don't understand why people here compare the Al-Khalid and the Arjuns? Tank comparisons are fine if you are deciding to select which one to buy. If anything the comparisons should be between Arjun Mk1,Mk2 and the T-90's.

In a battle scenario anti-armor weapons are the ones you have to compare. Both Arjuns and Al Khalids are lethal tanks but they are unlikely to face each other in a real battle. Anti-Tank missiles and anti-armor helicopters are the ones that will be in play.

search yourself.the weight will be decreased

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

39536497.jpg

weight decreasing to 55tons
I think that it is wrong but JDW is more credible.
I do not know how the Hull and Turret mods will reduce 5t but i guess I cannot know more.

^^^^ with a new 1500hp engine less weight and more powerful engine

and all the idiots comparing AK and Arjun stop trying to spark flame wars @the ignorant Pakistani members laughing about Arjun have you not read the reports on the Arjun's performance against the T-90M? Arjun MK1 is just the tip of the iceberg MK2 will be a new beast with Israeli Iron Fist APS and new armor that can defeat modern anti tank rounds the armor used on the MK1 Arjun managed to defeat Israeli anti tank rounds...the reason for orders being low is because of the price 1 Arjun MK1 costs more than a T90 the MK2 will cost 8 million a country who has a defense budget of 36 billion cannot purchase a thousand or so 8 million tanks that is just idiotic

@Indian members let them ignorantly bash on about Arjun MK2 when its specs are released i bet they won't show they're faces

the Lahat and the DRDO CLGM tank missiles will be used with MK2 this has been confirmed by VK Saraswat of the DRDO

^^^^ with a new 1500hp engine less weight and more powerful engine
So,Cummins Diesel engine is confirmed?.
The article I quoted mentions that the weight reduction(primarily)will be due to Turret and Hull modifications and I read that it will have composites too,so this may help in reducing weight?
I still think that it will weigh more!

but cause of the equipment of advanced thermal
smoke which will make it tricky for
any Anti-tank.
......,..@@@@@@@
What in the blue hell is thermal smoke :p

So,Cummins Diesel engine is confirmed?.
The article I quoted mentions that the weight reduction(primarily)will be due to Turret and Hull modifications and I read that it will have composites too,so this may help in reducing weight?
I still think that it will weigh more!

no the IA specifically told CVRDE that the tank must be in the 55mt range so that it will be lighter and easier to transport and i believe an Indian 1500hp engine will power the Arjun MK2 during aero India 2011 VK Saraswat mentioned this

Why is that??
It is more mobile than T90/T72.
Nope! With its excessive weight and width, the Arjun tank has poor operational mobility. It will not be possible to rapidly move it from one area of operation to another on the existing tank transporters or on our rail network.

At 58.5 tonnes, the Arjun is much heavier than the T-90S, which weighs 46.5 tonnes, and is consequently less manoeuvrable. It is too heavy for the available bridges which would need to be laid by the Engineers across the several canals that criss-cross the terrain in the Punjab sector during offensive operations.

However, the Arjuns are highly suited for operating in the desert sectors. And that's where they're going to be used.

Back
Top Bottom