What's new

'Anti-Sharia' law is back

LOL!!! Ok Dr. Secularism, tell me what secularism is? Do you know my view on Sharia Law? if yes tell me what you know & how you know? if not than you are not entitled to pass judgement on me based on your own assumptions.

State can't assert religious beliefs in secularism. In God we trust is religious, what about people who don't believe in God or the ones who believe in gods? What about 10 commandments?

"same treatment to all religious people within bounds of country law with humanitarian factor " that's it.

we are talking on secular country and secularism. not on Saudi Arabian and sharia law .

well i don't care your views about sharia law because it's not my business , you can apply what you want your country.....

though you asked
you could be one of those apologetic people which protect ideology by calling it " out of context " or "it's not part of Quran or Islam" ...... etc...

Islam supersedes man made laws. Secularism simply means superiority of man made laws over religious laws. This makes sense in cases where religion is indeed failed to provide justice and have been tempered with like christianity. But islam is different and encomposes all aspects of life and nation-state. That is what we muslims believe.

But now even if we argue on the basis of secularism i.e no religion in state affairs. How the hell does is make sense by the state on infringing upon family affair of a religous group. It goes against the concept of US secularism and violates freedom of religion barring the baseless logic of islamophobia as your post clearly demosstrates with words like "can stay in their native shitholes" Its not about secularism or law but hatred against muslim & islam. Orthodox jews are also feeling the pinch.

Knowing what you know, that US laws are incongruous with Islam, why Immigrate there? why not work in GCC, where you get all that you want? You are coming to USA to work n live on their laws, which are followed by every tom dickens and harry.
Suppose tomorrow you say you want amplified azan, its not allowed because you might be disturbing somebody's eardrums unneccesarly. So would you start whining?

"same treatment to all religious people within bounds of country law with humanitarian factor " that's it.

we are talking on secular country and secularism. not on Saudi Arabian and sharia law .

well i don't care your views about sharia law because it's not my business , you can apply what you want your country.....

though you asked
you could be one of those apologetic people which protect ideology by calling it " out of context " or "it's not part of Quran or Islam" ...... etc...

Secularism is separating religion from state affairs, equal treatment is called justice not secularism and no religious scripture deny equal treatment.

Rest of your post as typical Indian post, if you know everything very well than DAFAQ you are doing on PDF? being apologetic of Zionism and Hinduwata?

Secularism is separating religion from state affairs, equal treatment is called justice not secularism and no religious scripture deny equal treatment.

Rest of your post as typical Indian post, if you know everything very well than DAFAQ you are doing on PDF? being apologetic of Zionism and Hinduwata?

well it's same meaning just in different words................rest of you part doesn't make any sense , if somethings are wrong in your religion then you should accept it and deny to follow it. all religion have wrong things....just different we have courage to accept it and neglect it ....your people don't have , that's why you are living in country where non-Muslims discrimination is part of system.

LOL!!!

State can't assert religious beliefs in secularism. In God we trust is religious, what about people who don't believe in God or the ones who believe in gods? What about 10 commandments?

Wrong assumption, it gives you freedom to believe or not to believe. To follow or not to follow, its upto you but subject to the state laws.

Muslims can be judged by Islamic Law in Islamic States. They can do anything they please in those states.

In other States Muslims have to live by the Civil Code that is universal and equal for everyone - Muslim or non Muslim.

Muslims or Jews cannot be allowed to have separate Marriage separate laws governing marriage and inheritance. That would be going against Secularism.

I can see how non-Muslims and non-Jews would feel about this, but religion plays an important part in our lives. It is not a trivial thing to suddenly challenge his/her religious liberty. It's like telling a Sikh not to wear a turban anymore or a Jew/Muslim to eat pork.

But since I'm not an American, I wouldn't know how Americans think about this either.

So Muslims want their own law for solving disputes in a secular country ?

What if the one of the parties involved is Non-Muslim ?

Why Muslims want their own law at first place ? Why they want different treatment from state ?

These are not major cases like murder etc. These are family-related issues. I'm against the state interfering at this level.
It's not about different treatment, rather about the importance of religion in marriage, divorce etc for many people.

PS: If one party is non-Muslim, then the victim is favoured with his/her choice of law, whichever one they follow.

Wrong assumption, it gives you freedom to believe or not to believe. To follow or not to follow, its upto you but subject to the state laws.

Secularism is itself evolving theory, As of now, a secular state can't endorse religious beliefs, acknowledging existence of divine power is fundamental religious belief.

Secularism is itself evolving theory, As of now, a secular state can't endorse religious beliefs, acknowledging existence of divine power is fundamental religious belief.
Your secularism concept is something else. You should agree with us as we are a secular nation as per the law. It is not just an evolving stuff. It is there in concept and in practice for centuries. The ever evolving stuff is the 'law'.

Not necessarily,Non religious people can also believe in the existence of a divine power.Concept of a divine power is not the property of any religion.And endorsement of that concept is not an endorsement of any religious beliefs.

PS: If one party is non-Muslim, then the victim is favoured with his/her choice of law, whichever one they follow.

it doesn't matter if all parties are of a particular community, if any of the party concerned do not want to subject themselves to Sharia law, then they have all rights to reject it.

Much ado about nothing.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41824.pdf

In the United States, these religious laws have no legally binding effect on U.S. citizens because religious laws cannot be adopted by federal, state, or local governments under the First Amendment. Rather, individuals who identify with a particular religious group may voluntarily subject themselves to such religious laws by their association with the community

The hierarchy is:
religious law (Muslim, Jewish, Christian) < local law < state law < federal law < Constitution

Your secularism concept is something else. You should agree with us as we are a secular nation as per the law. It is not just an evolving stuff. It is there in concept and in practice for centuries. The ever evolving stuff is the 'law'.
The nature of a secular society could characterize a secular society as one which:

• Refuses to commit itself as a whole to any one view of the nature of the universe and the role of man in it.
  • Is not homogenous, but is pluralistic.
  • Is tolerant. It widens the sphere of private decision-making.
  • While every society must have some common aims, which implies there must be agreed on methods of problem-solving, and a common framework of law; in a secular society these are as limited as possible.
  • Problem solving is approached rationally, through examination of the facts. While the secular society does not set any overall aim, it helps its members realize their aims.
  • Is a society without any official images. Nor is there a common ideal type of behavior with universal application.

Positive Ideals behind the secular society:

• Deep respect for individuals and the small groups of which they are a part.
  • Equality of all people.
  • Each person should be helped to realize their particular excellence.
  • Breaking down of the barriers of class and caste.

Your country is based on desi secularism.

Islamic famay and inheritance laws are non-binding and must comply with local, state and federal statues.

Why thr Indians are talking about a non-issue when a man can't butchrr his own cow in secular India.

it doesn't matter if all parties are of a particular community, if any of the party concerned do not want to subject themselves to Sharia law, then they have all rights to reject it.

Very true. We should have killed that bloody R.Davis guy but our religious loophole let him escape.
How wrong of him to subject himself to Islamic law !!

Back
Top Bottom