What's new

'Anti-Sharia' law is back

For that you don't even need Sharia. There is a concept called prenuptial agreement. One can have that before marriage. This solves the problem. :enjoy:

If the parties involved are OK with it, what will you say if a person says he is ready to take blood money, and the culprit is ready to pay it. Should we let go that murderer free ?

Here comes the problem.

Well since when a criminal case is going to be judged in a familly court

Yes, it does. Polygamy is illegal in the US, for starter. That mean no four wives for you.

But incidentally in some areas usa law tends to close it's eye onthe matter unless one of the wifes are considered a child

Why do Muslims need a legal system from the 7th century? Hasn't everything changed since then?

If Jews or Christians were trying to follow the legal system in place at the time of David or Christ, they would be a laughing stock.

Funny thing is that it seems jews are also against the law as it seems they also want to follow the legal system of king Dawood and Soleyman

Then let US do that 'nothing'. Unless the Muslims are afraid that this 'nothing' is really 'something' they do not want US to know.

Not really.

When someone drums up a non-issue for demagoguery, then the hidden agenda needs to be examined. The agenda here is to stir up anti-Muslim hysteria over a non-issue by playing into people's fears of an Islamic takeover. Any one with the most basic knowledge of US law would know that there is no chance of Muslims forcing Sharia law onto non-Muslims in the US. Heck, they can't even force it into Muslims who reject it.

The reality is that such religious family law is already in place in many localities for Muslims, Jews and Christians who comply with it voluntarily. No one has tried to force non-believers into their laws.

Why do Muslims need a legal system from the 7th century? Hasn't everything changed since then?

If Jews or Christians were trying to follow the legal system in place at the time of David or Christ, they would be a laughing stock.

Some Jewish and Christian communities in the West do follow ancient laws (Halakha and canon law, respectively).

P.S. Just to be clear, I am not defending religious laws. I believe there should be one set of laws of the land for everybody, no exceptions. However, the demagoguery at play is the issue here.

i think secularism means every community has right to follow what ever they choose, best example is India , it is secular but we didn't impose Hindu personal law on Muslim.....in our constitution we have Muslim personal law as well...which is dealing with marriage ,property etc.....similarly Bangladesh is Muslim country but they didn't impose Muslim personal law on Hindu... Bangladesh also has Hindu personal law which is exactly copy of Hindu personal law which is in India......in short Bangladesh is also practicing secularism partially ........
best example is Indonesia world largest Muslim population .........they have different law in different province.......in Aceh they have sariya law.....if you will go to Aceh it is not less than Iran........but Bali island has 99% Hindu population ......so in Bali they didn't follow sariya law... in java island 98% population is Muslim but they also didn't follow sariya .......they define himself as Mordred Muslim ........ similarly kalimata, island Sulawesi island ,even rest of Sumatra island they didn't follow sariya

so i think it should be totally depend on the people who belong to that area.........what they really want

i think secularism means every community has right to follow what ever they choose, best example is India , it is secular but we didn't impose Hindu personal law on Muslim.....in our constitution we have Muslim personal law as well...which is dealing with marriage ,property etc.....similarly Bangladesh is Muslim country but they didn't impose Muslim personal law on Hindu... Bangladesh also has Hindu personal law which is exactly copy of Hindu personal law which is in India......in short Bangladesh is also practicing secularism partially ........
best example is Indonesia world largest Muslim population .........they have different law in different province.......in Aceh they have sariya law.....if you will go to Aceh it is not less than Iran........but Bali island has 99% Hindu population ......so in Bali they didn't follow sariya law... in java island 98% population is Muslim but they also didn't follow sariya .......they define himself as Mordred Muslim ........ similarly kalimata, island Sulawesi island ,even rest of Sumatra island they didn't follow sariya

so i think it should be totally depend on the people who belong to that area.........what they really want

welcome to pdf mate.

Good Post. Welcome to PDF and enjoy your stay here.

A uniform civil law should be there in every country. But this must be imposed after consultations with each and every community. Till then every community can have their own personal law provided the personal law is not in contradiction to the overall setup .

The nature of a secular society could characterize a secular society as one which:

• Refuses to commit itself as a whole to any one view of the nature of the universe and the role of man in it.
  • Is not homogenous, but is pluralistic.
  • Is tolerant. It widens the sphere of private decision-making.
  • While every society must have some common aims, which implies there must be agreed on methods of problem-solving, and a common framework of law; in a secular society these are as limited as possible.
  • Problem solving is approached rationally, through examination of the facts. While the secular society does not set any overall aim, it helps its members realize their aims.
  • Is a society without any official images. Nor is there a common ideal type of behavior with universal application.

Positive Ideals behind the secular society:

• Deep respect for individuals and the small groups of which they are a part.
  • Equality of all people.
  • Each person should be helped to realize their particular excellence.
  • Breaking down of the barriers of class and caste.

Your country is based on desi secularism.

I fail to understand where is the difference is?

Not really.

When someone drums up a non-issue for demagoguery, then the hidden agenda needs to be examined.
If it is such a non-issue, then such vehement objections to it hint at a hidden agenda that needs to be exposed.

The agenda here is to stir up anti-Muslim hysteria over a non-issue by playing into people's fears of an Islamic takeover. Any one with the most basic knowledge of US law would know that there is no chance of Muslims forcing Sharia law onto non-Muslims in the US. Heck, they can't even force it into Muslims who reject it.

The reality is that such religious family law is already in place in many localities for Muslims, Jews and Christians who comply with it voluntarily. No one has tried to force non-believers into their laws.
Sure there is. The issue is not forcing non-Muslims under Shariah laws, but that there is an opening to create a DUAL LEGAL SYSTEMS where both have equal enforcement responsibilities by the state.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | This World | Inside a Sharia Court
Some British Muslims want Sharia law implemented in the UK. Sharia law is already practised informally in parts of Britain to resolve Islamic divorce, inheritance and family disputes. Now some Muslims want their laws to work alongside the existing legal system.

Legal systems | LII / Legal Information Institute
A number of other countries have 'dual' systems in which religious rules govern, and religious courts adjudicate on, such matters as marriage, divorce, family relationships and possibly family property, while a secular system with state courts covers the wider fields of public and commercial law. This was the position in England until the 1850s, and is the case today in Israel, India, and Pakistan, while in some African countries these more private areas are ruled by local ethnic and religious custom. In these dual jurisdictions, the proportion of human activity governed by one or the other system may well depend on the stage of economic and political development of the country in question. This leads to a difficult area of enquiry, of which all that can be said in this context is that in some countries a sophisticated secular system may well exist, but only on paper.

Law of Malaysia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The constitution of Malaysia also provides for a unique dual justice system—the secular laws (criminal and civil) and sharia laws.

Now answer the question: Does Pakistan have a dual legal system or not?

Let us speculate that the US have this dual legal systems. Under secular laws, women have 10 rights while under Shariah laws, women have 5 rights. The US Federal Government is therefore obligated to enforce two distinct and obviously unequal legal systems where under one system, a woman can be abused and in some circumstance the government may be compelled to be party to such abuse.

If we allow judges and arbiters of legal contracts the latitude to include religious laws into their decision making processes, no matter how minor the dispute, the slippery slope argument comes into play. YOU, as a Muslim man, may have no problems with the woman the legally inferior, but as a secular man -- I do.

I want the US Constitution to be supreme. All laws and judgments must be based upon it. It does not matter if I am subjected to Shariah laws or not. The idea that there is a parallel legal system inside the US disgusts me.

I wonder who is the one with the hidden agenda here...

Some Jewish and Christian communities in the West do follow ancient laws (Halakha and canon law, respectively).
But if a dispute is placed before the legal system outside those religious laws, the country's legal system takes supremacy. The conservative Jew or Christian cannot expect the state to enforce religious laws, unlike what British Muslims are wanting the British government to do.

That is a good document. I always thought that you cannot sign away your fundamental rights through a contract but then what do I know.

You can't. However, I'm unsure about the context of your reference. Could you kindly elaborate?

Not really.

When someone drums up a non-issue for demagoguery, then the hidden agenda needs to be examined. The agenda here is to stir up anti-Muslim hysteria over a non-issue by playing into people's fears of an Islamic takeover. Any one with the most basic knowledge of US law would know that there is no chance of Muslims forcing Sharia law onto non-Muslims in the US. Heck, they can't even force it into Muslims who reject it.

P.S. Just to be clear, I am not defending religious laws. I believe there should be one set of laws of the land for everybody, no exceptions. However, the demagoguery at play is the issue here.

Its an issue out of non issuue.

No one cares in Florida except for the two people who are proposing this legislation.

If it is such a non-issue, then such vehement objections to it hint at a hidden agenda that needs to be exposed.

The agenda is to expose demagoguery promoting bigotry based on lies.

Now answer the question: Does Pakistan have a dual legal system or not?

Irrelevant. The discussion is about the US legal system.

Let us speculate that the US have this dual legal systems.

You can speculate that the moon is made of green cheese. It has no relevance to the US legal system.

I wonder who is the one with the hidden agenda here...

That would be YOU. And the Good Senator(s).

But if a dispute is placed before the legal system outside those religious laws, the country's legal system takes supremacy. The conservative Jew or Christian cannot expect the state to enforce religious laws, unlike what British Muslims are wanting the British government to do.

And US Muslims also accept that the US legal system takes precedence. The topic is the legal system in the US, not Britain, Pakistan or Burkine Faso.

Dance, baby, dance!

Indian go just like other SA countries fr Money. If you don't know, middle east has tonnes of money which they spend like fools.

I ignored the other guy but you? It was obvious sarcasm and the troll got trolled but you didn't have to take it seriously

Indian go just like other SA countries fr Money. If you don't know, middle east has tonnes of money which they spend like fools.

I ignored the other guy but you? It was obvious sarcasm and the troll got trolled but you didn't have to take it seriously

The agenda is to expose demagoguery promoting bigotry based on lies.
As a pretense for the Muslims to introduce Shariah laws into the US.

Irrelevant. The discussion is about the US legal system.

You can speculate that the moon is made of green cheese. It has no relevance to the US legal system.

That would be YOU. And the Good Senator(s).

And US Muslims also accept that the US legal system takes precedence. The topic is the legal system in the US, not Britain, Pakistan or Burkine Faso.

Dance, baby, dance!
No, the one who is dancing here is YOU.

If British-Muslims want Shariah laws to be on equal footing with British secular laws, no reasons why American-Muslims should be deterred. If other countries, including your Pakistan, have dual legal systems, no reasons why American-Muslims should be discouraged. Your criticisms about Florida SB 58 so far have been dependent upon the charge that we believe that US citizens would be placed under Shariah laws, but never did you think that the table would be turned -- a dual legal systems.

Remember, YOU said this...

Just to be clear, I am not defending religious laws. I believe there should be one set of laws of the land for everybody, no exceptions.
...And by refusal to address the contradiction of Pakistan's religious laws, you are defending religious laws by ignoring them as practiced and ENFORCED in Pakistan.

So indeed dance. It is the only thing you know how to do.

Back
Top Bottom