What's new

‘Anti-drone’ militant group claims Parachinar twin blasts

Gryphon

Reaction score
51f3b613ea11d.jpg

Residents gather at the site of twin bomb explosions in Parachinar, the main town of Kurram tribal region.

PESHAWAR: A new militant group by the name of Ansarul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the Parachinar attack which has left at least 57 dead and around 180 injured and says this is their first attack outside Waziristan.

Speaking to Dawn.com from an undisclosed location, a spokesman for Ansarul Mujahideen, Abu Baseer, said the group had been set up to respond to US drone strikes.

Baseer said the organisation was “very clear” about its mission, adding that “with each drone attack, we will be responding with a suicide attack…we have done it and shown it”.

He said the recent suicide attacks on Esha check post, Boya check post and Damdail check post were carried out by Ansarul Mujahideen in retaliation to US drone strikes, adding that these would continue.

Pakistan’s official position on drone attacks says these are counter productive and undermine government efforts to separate tribes from militants, violate Pakistan’s sovereignty, kill civilians and fuel anti-US sentiment.

Regarding yesterday’s twin blasts, Baseer said the attacks had been carried out in reaction to “the atrocities committed against the majority Sunni population in Iraq and Syria”, adding that the Ansarul Mujahideen would target “those who somehow support” these atrocities.

Parachinar is some 250 kilometres west of Peshawar and has a population of 50,000. In the wake of sectarian clashes in 2007, the army and paramilitary forces set up several checkpoints on roads leading to the town.

Kurram, the tribal region of which Parachinar is the main town, the only part of Pakistan's border region that has a significant Shia population, has been racked by sectarian violence.

'Anti-drone' militant group claims Parachinar twin blasts - DAWN.COM

Ansarul Mujahideen (also called Islamic Jihad) is an IMU faction allied with TTP and has attacked army / FC convoys and check posts several times in NWA in recent months killing scores of soldiers & wounding many more ..

roz nayi dukaan khol ke baith jate hain ye haraamzade....

Regarding yesterday’s twin blasts, Baseer said
the attacks had been carried out in reaction to
“the atrocities committed against the majority
Sunni population in Iraq and Syria”, adding that
the Ansarul Mujahideen would target “those who
somehow support” these atrocities.

ab ye kya logic hai....

Ofcourse it doesn't make any logical sense, its a foreign funded and armed militancy just like the majority of them.

New terrorist groups pop up in Pakistan like rats breeding in sewers. I wonder when the center will actually realize that the terrorists are a major threat. I want to see my country doing something, atleast something to stop the terrorist attacks that take place daily on civilians.

I don't know what is stopping the Pakistan army from taking action against the terrorists. Tyrannical militants have besieged every town, every city in Pakistan and there seems to be no escape from Talibani terror. We do not even use opportunities. During the Malala attack the entire nation stood united against the Taliban. We could have launched a major military operation and eliminated the militants. Instead the main culprit accused of masterminding the attack on Malala is running to Afghanistan and back freely.

Fazlullah too is sitting in Afghanistan directing fighters to attack Pakistani border posts in Bajaur and Lower Dir. Last year clashes there led to the displacement of thousands.

I wish death upon the enemies of my Pakistan (The Taliban) but I cannot think but how cruel it is of god to punish us Pakistanis like this. Thank you Taliban for making me lose faith in Islam.

This isn't a retaliation against drone attacks. It doesn't make any logical sense. The drone attacks kill innocent people and these suicide bombings also kill innocent people.
This attack is so close to the Afghan border, i have a feeling that there is an Afghani hand in this.

This isn't a retaliation against drone attacks. It doesn't make any logical sense. The drone attacks kill innocent people and these suicide bombings also kill innocent people.
This attack is so close to the Afghan border, i have a feeling that there is an Afghani hand in this.

Nobody should be fooled into believing their bullshit propaganda, why should they kill innocent civilians, for their barbaric crimes and that too in the holy month of Ramadan.

Nobody should be fooled into believing their bullshit propaganda, why should they kill innocent civilians, for their barbaric crimes and that too in the holy month of Ramadan.

That is what is baffling. That they are a group with large number of members with the same ideology and line of thought. Killing an innocent person is not jihad, it is haram in Islam and it is obvious that these groups either have a different agenda to actual ****** groups and their followers are very illiterate to know what Islam truly teaches.

Is this really a new group or rename of existing group to confuse people?

so,to revenge drones,they kill innocent pakistanis.. :sarcastic:

A lot of idiots on this forum who dont even know the tribal areas -- especially those from foreign countries with zero clues about the happenings there -- seem to be on some wild bandwagon or two

they can be anti-drone & anti-Shiia....these are the same people who haplessly kill Sunnis and other denominations without blinking

we are fighting a war of ideology here. Good vs. Evil. Real Jihad vs. Fake Jihad. Sooner people realize that, the better it is. More importantly, not be in denial.

I hail from Parachinar. The target was probably an Imam Bargah near the market where men, women and children (all civilians) were minding their own business -- getting fruits, meats and vegetables for the iftar. The bomb took out about 45 of them, blink of an eye.

There is a misguided and disgraceful section of society that has become pawns to this geo-political game to divide Pakistan. Onus is on us to smash these designs --local modules and their lackeys across the border. You can hurt Pakistan but God willing you can't divide it; at least not more than it is already.

Secularism, Nationalism, and Imposing State-laws on ensuring educated and progressive Islamic Ulema can preach religion in the country (the way the Turks do) will be the best revenge against the enemies of Pakistan -- outside and inside.

Drone strike killed us, so we are killing innocent people by Suicide attacks... Stupidity at its best...

Parachinar (Kurram in general) has the grand misfortune of being surrounded by Afghanistan on THREE sides.

Do these terrorist know , A three year old victims knows that he support drone strike......these thousands of Madrassa producing monster. Still the production is high.

lolz.. looks like he said(from red bits) normally our attacks are due to drone attacks... but yesterday was dedicated to sunni who died in syria and iraq.

looks like sectarian terror.

Back
Top Bottom