What's new

An African Student beaten in India, struggling for life in coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are thousands of Africans studying in India and they have been coming for decades. They wouldn't be coming if we are racist.

he was beaten up because he was black. although indians are very dark themselves they for whatever reason tend to loath black people. this is such a wide spread problem in india that the u.s. state department has issued a travel warning to black people traveling to india.

India

There is no question that racism exists in India. But if anything, Pakistan is the pit hole of Racism, which is obvious from most of the Pakistani members here. The only superiority they believe they have is that they are a shade lighter than Indians. You P@ki princess should go back to your powder room!

Ya...we released one of them just last week, however some other also visit us on regular basis with increasing numbers.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...kistan-maharaja-ranjit-singh-anniversary.html
You spared their life probably cause they are of your ethnicity. Let talk about the attacks on darker skinned mohajirs and mongoloid hazaras shall we . The persecution of hazaras is so severe they are seeking refuge in the thousands around the world. I heard last month a group of hazaras drowned while trying to reach Australia. Pretty sad.

Jalandhar/New Delhi: Beaten mercilessly in Punjab, an African student has been lying in coma for three months. The incident has put a question mark on India's track record of dealing with African students.

However, reacting to the incident, the envoy of Burundi has said that it is a criminal case and not a racist attack.

African student attack not racist: Burundi envoy - India News - IBNLive

whatever the real motive, this incident is highly deplorable and condemnable

You spared their life probably cause they are of your ethnicity. Let talk about the attacks on darker skinned mohajirs and mongoloid hazaras shall we . The persecution of hazaras is do severe they are seeking refuge in the thousands around the world. I heard last month a group of hazaras drowned while trying to reach Australia. Pretty sad.

Mr genius, seems you are incompetent to distinguish between ethnic, sectarian and racist violence.
Get your facts in order, if Mohajirs are of darker complexion then in contrast, Hazaras are probably the fairest skin community in Pakistan. In such violence people from both sides suffer and die......talk about your snow white kingdom, where even by conservative estimates, an average of two dalits are killed every day, forget those who are forced to eat human excrement and drink urine from a Brahmin's shoe.......alas rape is a taboo subject. !!!

Assailants of African student will not be spared: Sukhbir
JALANDHAR: The Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal today directed Chief Secretary, Punjab Rakesh Singh to immediately get in touch with African national Nestor Ntibateganya father of 24 year old LPU student Yannick Nizhanga, who is in coma since last two months in a Patiala hospital after he was attacked by a group of youngsters on April 21 in Jalandhar.

Taking serious note of assault of a foreign national, Badal directed Chief Secretary to contact his father to access his immediate requirements and extend all possible medical and financial help. Talking to media persons Badal said that he has also directed Jalandhar Commissioner of Police Gaurav Yadav to expedite the hunt for remaining accused in the case and spare no guilty in the case, whosoever he may be.

Yadav informed Deputy Chief Minister that two accused had already been arrested by Jalandhar Police and a charge sheet had also been filed against them whereas other accused in the case were absconding. It was informed that according to reports from civil surgeon Patiala, Yannick Nizhanga was admitted in ICU ward of Colombia Asia Hospital in Patiala since last two months and he was in coma.
Hopefully he will get justice quickly........ I hope the CM writes a apology letter to the father for the delayed justice on behalf of the country and the state.

A father's cry for justice
6 Jul 2012, 0945 hrs IST, AGENCIES
Yannick, a 23-year-old African student lies lifeless in a hospital in Patiala. Just a few months back, while walking to a party in Jalandhar Yannick was thrashed, stoned and left on the road.

Since then, he has been in coma struggling to survive in the hospital ward.

Shattered by the inhuman attack on his son Yannick's father has now made an appeal to the chief minister asking for the assaulters to be punished. With his son's brain 'irreversibly damaged', Yannick's father has asked the government to help him fly Yannick back to his hometown Burundi in Africa.

Yannick survived the Burundian genocide of 1993.he came to India in search for knowledge but instead had his life almost snuffed out.
All eyes are now on the Punjab chief minister. Will he take some tough action against the offenders and send out a strong message?

I commend you for posting darker side in India, and knowing well you will get abused by us, we the angels you the devils
I hate it when everything becomes we vs. them, knowing very well this happens on both sides of the border.

I commend you for posting darker side in India, and knowing well you will get abused by us, we the angels you the devils
I hate it when everything becomes we vs. them, knowing very well this happens on both sides of the border.

As said by some posters here, we don't run away from our problems.

LOL. This thread has turned into a total trollfest.

I came here to read discussions about Africans in India and how common such incidents are what are people doing to prevent such incidents from happening.

But instead, 14 pages of discussion on skin color. :D

Well the purpose was to raise this issue all over the web space and I think it has worked and Indian politicians are now pinched good enough by us. PDF has a good readership from India.

As far as getting unnecessarily insult from few trolls is concern then I trust sane posters from India and elsewhere that they will defend the topic judiciously against those trolls. Its all about knowing our people and have confidence in them by observing the the way they generally post here.

Its going to benefit us at the end of the day BTW.

Bangalore: Pubs bar entry of Africans : South, News - India Today

Bangalore: Pubs bar entry of Africans

Once known as the pub capital of India, Bangalore is now earning a bad name for a racist policy that bars the entry of African nationals into pubs across the city.

The Karnataka capital was one of the first cities in the country to have a thriving pub culture. In fact, it is still known for its rocking nightlife. But its reputation has taken a serious hit with pubs and restaurants across the city coming up with a bizarre racist diktat denying entry to African nationals.

Pub owners say they have taken the step for security reasons. However, African nationals have been crying foul alleging it was purely because of discrimination.

Samal Hakim, a Sudanese student, said, "We are feeling bad. When we want to go to some places they say 'no, you Africans are not allowed here'. But what can we say, this is not our country. We are just foreigners."

Another Sudanese student Amin said, "I have come across these instances many times but I don't want to say anything."

There are many like these Sudanese students who were humiliated and discriminated against. But the city's pub owners insisted there was no prejudice behind banning the entry of African nationals. They cited security concerns as the reason for the racist order.

Sanjay Raj, marketing head of Extreme Sports Bar, said, "We have to ensure that safety comes first. We had a bunch of 19 Afro-Americans who were there to party. They had a fight amongst themselves and started beating up the women who accompanied them. We have to ensure the safety of the customers and take precautions accordingly."

Several foreign nationals have been arrested recently for peddling drugs in Bangalore. Habitual offenders like Martin En Duke have been arrested thrice for the offence.

Bangalore joint commissioner of police (crime) Alok Kumar said, "They have been habitual offenders. They have been carrying their operations for so many years. But in the last two-three years we have registered several cases against them."

While the managements of pubs and bars have put a diplomatic stand on the issue, the fact remains that several African nationals in the city complain about the acts of discrimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom