What's new

An African Student beaten in India, struggling for life in coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. This thread has turned into a total trollfest.

I came here to read discussions about Africans in India and how common such incidents are what are people doing to prevent such incidents from happening.

But instead, 14 pages of discussion on skin color. :D

I think free speech is the best thing there is.

What? Didn't you guys turned this whole topic in to a racism/skin color thread?

we didnt. Read from the first post

@ punit

WTF ? Dont be so insensitive. Delete your post. Not required at all

Bangalore: Pubs bar entry of Africans : South, News - India Today

Bangalore: Pubs bar entry of Africans

Once known as the pub capital of India, Bangalore is now earning a bad name for a racist policy that bars the entry of African nationals into pubs across the city.

The Karnataka capital was one of the first cities in the country to have a thriving pub culture. In fact, it is still known for its rocking nightlife. But its reputation has taken a serious hit with pubs and restaurants across the city coming up with a bizarre racist diktat denying entry to African nationals.

Pub owners say they have taken the step for security reasons. However, African nationals have been crying foul alleging it was purely because of discrimination.

Samal Hakim, a Sudanese student, said, "We are feeling bad. When we want to go to some places they say 'no, you Africans are not allowed here'. But what can we say, this is not our country. We are just foreigners."

Another Sudanese student Amin said, "I have come across these instances many times but I don't want to say anything."

There are many like these Sudanese students who were humiliated and discriminated against. But the city's pub owners insisted there was no prejudice behind banning the entry of African nationals. They cited security concerns as the reason for the racist order.

Sanjay Raj, marketing head of Extreme Sports Bar, said, "We have to ensure that safety comes first. We had a bunch of 19 Afro-Americans who were there to party. They had a fight amongst themselves and started beating up the women who accompanied them. We have to ensure the safety of the customers and take precautions accordingly."

Several foreign nationals have been arrested recently for peddling drugs in Bangalore. Habitual offenders like Martin En Duke have been arrested thrice for the offence.

Bangalore joint commissioner of police (crime) Alok Kumar said, "They have been habitual offenders. They have been carrying their operations for so many years. But in the last two-three years we have registered several cases against them."

While the managements of pubs and bars have put a diplomatic stand on the issue, the fact remains that several African nationals in the city complain about the acts of discrimination.

That is both dumb and racist.

Lakh lanat on them :angry:

Why that? Why don't you guys love your own skin color?

Ever heard of 'Fair & Lovely'? :rofl:

Oh, and there's also 'Fair & Handsome' :rofl:

I don't think people here realize just how racist those products are :lol:

That is both dumb and racist.

Lakh lanat on them :angry:

Ever heard of 'Fair & Lovely'? :rofl:

Actually a lot of Nigerian students were caught peddling drugs in Bangalore pubs. That was the reason behind this ban. The media gave it a racial color.

"Several foreign nationals have been arrested recently for peddling drugs in Bangalore. Habitual offenders like Martin En Duke have been arrested thrice for the offence."

Is it a world affair...or a local news..just because the victim and guilty one are from different race...:undecided:

Sad India... Beats their brothers... Racism is rampant in northern India

huh? you think southern india is a seperate country ? ask any non brahmin from south india ... he would have suffered some kinda racism one way or the other. I agree we are the most racists foooks to roam the planet period .

Is that the reason why so many whitening cremes are being soled in your country? I love mine skin color btw.

skin whitening creams are available all over the world. Dont you get it in Netherlands ??

!B+ot!SQ!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!hkEzehFy)jGBN!R5wHlEw~~_35.JPG

Is that the reason why so many whitening cremes are being soled in your country? I love mine skin color btw.

Not only in Indian subcontinent, also in South East Asia. They sell like hotcakes.

Actually a lot of Nigerian students were caught peddling drugs in Bangalore pubs. That was the reason behind this ban. The media gave it a racial color.

"Several foreign nationals have been arrested recently for peddling drugs in Bangalore. Habitual offenders like Martin En Duke have been arrested thrice for the offence."

Did that justify banning all Africans? I don't think so.

If one is caught peddling with drugs, just let the law deal with them. It simply doesn't justify banning all Africans.

skin whitening creams are available all over the world. Dont you get it in Netherlands ??

I don't think they sell too well in the West compared to this part of the world. Yes, Asia that is.

!B+ot!SQ!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!hkEzehFy)jGBN!R5wHlEw~~_35.JPG

I've never seen whitening cremes here. I don't think they would sell that great here.

^Zabainya: Yeah, I know. Also in countries like South Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom