What's new

Al Hussein MBT

Al Hussein Hybrid MBT

In 2004 the King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau showed the Al Hussein Hybrid MBT with mock-ups of some of the key subsystems.

The Jordanian Armed Forces have now taken delivery of 402 ex-British Army Challenger 1 MBTs armed with a 120 mm L11 rifled tank gun for which there has been no recent ammunition development.
Al_Hussein_KADDB_Jordan_Sofex_2004_01.jpg

scaled.php

Al Hussein Hybrid is based on a Challenger 1 MBT with many enhancements, especially to the turret system (Christopher F Foss)

The 120 mm L11 gun has been removed and replaced by a Swiss RUAG Land Systems 120 mm smoothbore Compact Tank Gun (CTG), which has already undergone extensive trials for a number of applications in Switzerland and Jordan (including the M60 Phoenix upgrade).

Ammunition for the CTG is available from numerous sources and a number of countries have ongoing development programmes for enhanced types of ammunition.

The existing Marconi fire-control system has been removed and replaced by the latest Raytheon IFCS, which is already used in a large number of Jordanian Army M60A3 MBTs. This includes a day/thermal sight for the gunner with integrated laser range-finder.

Mounted on the left side of the Al Hussein Hybrid turret roof was a mock-up of a Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV), which could be provided by a number of contractors. If fitted this would enable hunter killer target engagements to be carried out. The commander would first locate the target, track it and then hand over to the gunner who would carry out the target engagement.

Al Hussein retains the Chobham armour but the Al Hussein Hybrid would be fitted with additional armour protection to the turret front and sides for improved battlefield survivability.

The existing gun-control equipment would be replaced by a new Curtiss-Wright all-electric system and a new Raytech Jordan wiring harness would also be installed, as well as a CLS Jordan AB8 auxiliary power unit (APU).

Equipment removed from the turret bustle would have to be restowed and a new air conditioning and NBC system would be fitted.

If fielded, Al Hussein Hybrid would give the JAF a significant short-term capability enhancement with a much lower level of risk when compared to Falcon II.

Many of the subsystems of the Al Hussein Hybrid are already proven and in service with the JAF, for example the Raytheon IFCS.

Mounted in the turret bustle is the new mechanical load-assist system developed by Claverham, which replaces the current bustle-mounted NBC system that is restowed in the hull.

Early in 2005, the King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau announced that initial firing trials of a RUAG Land Systems 120 mm L50 smoothbore CTG had been completed.

These trials were undertaken at Thun in Switzerland, at the facilities of RUAG Land Systems, and were conducted from a Challenger 1 with an unarmoured or soft-skinned turret supplied by the UK MoD.

In March 2006 it was announced that the Jordanian Armed Forces had placed a contract with KADDB for the supply of four production standard Al Hussein Hybrid MBTs. Funding permitting, all of the current Al Hussein MBTs could be converted to the enhanced Al Hussein Hybrid MBT standard.

jordanianchallenger001.jpg

wh_66837358.jpg

scaled.php
[/IMG]
634089750350321412.jpg
Jordan should get latest Tanks from Euorpe or China or Russia and at least 1000 and they should increase their Fighter Planes to at least 250

I love tanks..................here are Indian MBT's-

T-55- put out of service though
550 no.s
800px-The_old_horse.jpg

T-72 AJEYA-
2418 no.s
649px-T-72_Ajeya1.jpg

T-90 BHISHMA-
807 no.s(1657 tanks by 2020)
t90racing.jpg

800px-Indian_Army_T-90.jpg

26sld2.jpg

ARJUN MBT MK1-
170(total 248 to be buit then orders of ARJUN MK2 will start)
IN13_RD_PARADE_REHE_115765f.jpg

Arjun_tank.jpg

ARJUN MKII-not inducted till now
800px-Arjun_Mk_II_view_courtesy_Ajai_Shukla.jpg

I want to play to! I want to play to!!!

Turkeys MBTs

340 LeopardA4s (Soon will be Leopard2NGs)
leopardng.jpg

170 M60Ts (Zionist Sabra as some iranians prevere :) )
sabra.jpg

400 Leopard1s (170 Upgraded to 3th generation standart with Volkan)
crw8506sizedrp9.jpg

620 M60A3 TTS
scaled.php

100 M60A1 Rise Passive
m60a1.jpg

Thank you for your attention
:)

the leopards look bada$$!!!:devil:

Well the tank looks like under 60 tonnes category , with 6 wheels. I doubt it would ever see mass production. BTW DGCamo on those Challengers is sick.

Iranian Tank: Looks more like a bastardized version of a Russian tank.
Turkish Leopard: Unless you guys give me one to drive around and pick girls , i ain't happy. ;)

Jordan has upgraded 404 Al-Hussein 120mm MBT. it weighs about
62 tonnes. Is this camo sucks?:blink:

Al_Hussein_KADDB_Jordan_Sofex_2004_01.jpg

I see it as one of the most beautiful tanks. I mean look at her! :smitten:

Jordan should get latest Tanks from Euorpe or China or Russia and at least 1000 and they should increase their Fighter Planes to at least 250

Man, this tank is comparable with the latest tanks in the world, I see it much better than T-90s in the terms of protection, gun, and projectiles and almost similar in other specifications. The numbers of Armour vehicles that Jordan already has is more than enough considering its small size and doctrine of quality over quantity, I think 1500 modern tanks are enough. Regarding aircraft I agree with you somehow, I hate F-16, I would prefer Mig-29 SMT over it, but 120 aircrafts are enough due to the limited budged of Jordan. Even UAE with its unlimited flow of money has 160 multirole-fighters. But they are indeed state of the art fighters though.

Guys, this thread is about Al-Hussein tank not world wide tanks. Kindly, stick to the topic.

russian T90 is the bad ASSS but like the Al Hussein MBT fot full spes

I was a fan of Russian tanks myself and I still, but western tanks proved its superiority over eastern ones.

From what i understood i while ago was that the Al-Hussein would be armed with Falcon turrets, What happend to that?

Back
Top Bottom