What's new

Air Martial Tahir Rafique Butt New ACM

Hey, my eldars came from Jammu. All I want to say is hell with India. I want my people to become free. I don't care if Kashmiris don't join Pakistan. I just want to know that my Muslim brothers don't face rape, genocide, and murder.

Anyways i am going to go back to the topic.
Will this ACM follow the same plan from past ACMs or are we looking for some changes?

@ cb4 :

I didn't address the Arabs or the Iranians in that I was talking about the ethnicities that inhabit Pakistan and with baloch, sindhi, pushtoon nationalism on the rise we're done for...add to that Kashmiri nationalism and we've just added another poison to the stew. Unless we find commonality in a collective faith, a collective consciousness for the lack of a better word, this division of 'Us' and 'the Others' isn't going to stop before we've created divisions within those divisions. What is to stop the Pathans from KP asking for a different identity from the ones from Balochistan because they speak a different dialect or may have a slightly different culture. Or the Punjabis from North of Punjab asserting their uniqueness with their culture and dialect from those of us living Southern or Centrally. Thats what I'm alluding to; not a United States of Islam. But tis true that we Muslims - the lot of us - have more in common with each other than with any other group of people anywhere in the world and despite our governmental differences the people to people interaction, in most of the cases, are usually quite warm. So when the time comes, when we're ready to transcend these ethnic and linguistic differences and perhaps strengthen the OIC or enter into our version of the European Union..we'd already be beginning with an advantage because of this.

I target the JKLF precisely because I don't like them; they are based in Pakistan and elsewhere and are splitting the movement up instead of using their influence to bring the rest of Kashmir on Paksitan's side. Imagine how strong the Pro-Pakistan sentiment in Kashmir could have been had Yasin Malik joined forces with Geelani. A Kashmir that isn't a part of Pakistan is one that I personally as a Kashmir can't and won't have an affinity towards because my ethnicity isn't nearly as strong enough to override my pride in Jinnah's Pakistan.

These people are our Brother...one of us. Period. This borderline Fascism will undo us.

As for your analogy about antiques and what not - one could argue that the concept of Ummah is pretty darn old too and rooted in our collective consciousness; perhaps just as the world moved from a modern to post-modern age...the Muslim world may reassert their commonalities by transcending these trivial differences.

And yes...none of the languages that you mentioned have existed from time immemorial because the age of a language has no correlation with its prospective longevity...its the acceptance by the people that counts and Urdu literature far outstrips that in any of our other regional languages. Plus Latin an even older language is now extinct.

@ cb4 :

I didn't address the Arabs or the Iranians in that I was talking about the ethnicities that inhabit Pakistan and with baloch, sindhi, pushtoon nationalism on the rise we're done for...add to that Kashmiri nationalism and we've just added another poison to the stew. Unless we find commonality in a collective faith, a collective consciousness for the lack of a better word, this division of 'Us' and 'the Others' isn't going to stop before we've created divisions within those divisions. What is to stop the Pathans from KP asking for a different identity from the ones from Balochistan because they speak a different dialect or may have a slightly different culture. Or the Punjabis from North of Punjab asserting their uniqueness with their culture and dialect from those of us living Southern or Centrally. Thats what I'm alluding to; not a United States of Islam. But tis true that we Muslims - the lot of us - have more in common with each other than with any other group of people anywhere in the world and despite our governmental differences the people to people interaction, in most of the cases, are usually quite warm. So when the time comes, when we're ready to transcend these ethnic and linguistic differences and perhaps strengthen the OIC or enter into our version of the European Union..we'd already be beginning with an advantage because of this.

I target the JKLF precisely because I don't like them; they are based in Pakistan and elsewhere and are splitting the movement up instead of using their influence to bring the rest of Kashmir on Paksitan's side. Imagine how strong the Pro-Pakistan sentiment in Kashmir could have been had Yasin Malik joined forces with Geelani. A Kashmir that isn't a part of Pakistan is one that I personally as a Kashmir can't and won't have an affinity towards because my ethnicity isn't nearly as strong enough to override my pride in Jinnah's Pakistan.

These people are our Brother...one of us. Period. This borderline Fascism will undo us.

As for your analogy about antiques and what not - one could argue that the concept of Ummah is pretty darn old too and rooted in our collective consciousness; perhaps just as the world moved from a modern to post-modern age...the Muslim world may reassert their commonalities by transcending these trivial differences.

And yes...none of the languages that you mentioned have existed from time immemorial because the age of a language has no correlation with its prospective longevity...its the acceptance by the people that counts and Urdu literature far outstrips that in any of our other regional languages. Plus Latin an even older language is now extinct.

All right bud,
you go your way and i go my way. End of story...

Unlike the last ACM..
ACM Tahir's selection is appreciated throughout the PAF from top to bottom. And everybody expected and wanted him to be ACM.
Even his peers who were also on the line for the post appreciate his selection and know he deserved it.

Wishing him the best of luck. It's a sacred duty, much work lies ahead.

PAF Zindabad.

Unlike the last ACM..
ACM Tahir's selection is appreciated throughout the PAF from top to bottom. And everybody expected and wanted him to be ACM.
Even his peers who were also on the line for the post appreciate his selection and know he deserved it.
Well if things are done how they should be, then everybody appriciates it.

Nobody knows what will be in future but in first glance there is hope from new ACM better than EX. Corruption tendency should be reduced.:welcome:

This appointment as new CAS is a reflection of confidence the leadership of our country has in his abilities to take the PAF towards its desired operational worthiness. I did my Combat Commander’s Course with him in 1987. May Allah Almighty grant him the inspiration & courage to lead PAF in the right direction in achieving & maintaining the status of most respected and professional Air Forces in the world! Aameen. {Air Cdre (R) Syed Yawar Abbas, SI(M)}

@cb4 and Armstrong.

Just 2% of your Kashmiri Valley Muslim bruvs want to join Pakistan...rest just want independence.

Just putting things in perspective..:coffee:

@cb4 and Armstrong.

Just 2% of your Kashmiri Valley Muslim bruvs want to join Pakistan...rest just want independence.

Just putting things in perspective..:coffee:

Yep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Only 2% of people in Jammu and Kashmir want to join Pakistan - Talk to China Daily - China Forum..:coffee:

A survey carried out across both Jammu and Kashmir and ***************** Kashmir, that its author claims is the first ever of its kind, shows that only 2% of the respondents on the Indian side favour joining Pakistan and most such views were confined to Srinagar and Budgam districts. In six of the districts surveyed late last year by researchers from the London-based think tank Chatham House, not a single person favoured annexation with Pakistan, a notion that remains the bedrock for the hardline separate campaign in Kashmir.

This appointment as new CAS is a reflection of confidence the leadership of our country has in his abilities to take the PAF towards its desired operational worthiness. I did my Combat Commander’s Course with him in 1987. May Allah Almighty grant him the inspiration & courage to lead PAF in the right direction in achieving & maintaining the status of most respected and professional Air Forces in the world! Aameen. {Air Cdre (R) Syed Yawar Abbas, SI(M)}
Welcome to Def.pk!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom