What's new

Air Martial Tahir Rafique Butt New ACM

Good decision. Very honest man...and very strict too:D
Good luck to him & PAF!

I dont give a damn to which caste a person belongs aslong as he is honest , intelligent and capable --AS THIS COMBINATION IS HARD TO COME BY-- I urge our new generation to get out of this dakianoosi caste mentality of our forefathers

I agree with what you are saying however, the reason why i am happy to see a Kashmiri is because of Kashmir! At least you know back of your mind psychologically that there is some hope.
General Khalid Shameem Wynne is probably the next man in line after kiyani. I am not being biased, but this is good for Kashmiris.
Other military leaders like Musharraf, Zia, Ayub, and Yayah all failed. Why? Thats because they didn't give a damn about the territory and nor they had any links. Zia back in the day even mentioned that 'there is nothing in Kashmiri besides mountains' This is unacceptable and this was one of the reasons why we lost our momentum.

I agree with what you are saying however, the reason why i am happy to see a Kashmiri is because of Kashmir! At least you know back of your mind psychologically that there is some hope.
General Khalid Shameem Wynne is probably the next man in line after kiyani. I am not being biased, but this is good for Kashmiris.
Other military leaders like Musharraf, Zia, Ayub, and Yayah all failed. Why? Thats because they didn't give a damn about the territory and nor they had any links. Zia back in the day even mentioned that 'there is nothing in Kashmiri besides mountains' This is unacceptable and this was one of the reasons why we lost our momentum.

Although immaterial but what makes you think that Gen Wynne is Kashmiri, he's an uncle of mine & he's from Lahore. Gen Kiyani is from Gujjar Khan...

Although immaterial but what makes you think that Gen Wynne is Kashmiri, he's an uncle of mine & he's from Lahore. Gen Kiyani is from Gujjar Khan...

The name 'Wynne' is a 100% Kashmiri name just like Butt, Mir, Khwaja, Pandit, Dar, Lone, etc.
Perhaps you were born and raised in Punjab and partly because of this, you probably don't feel the difference. This is a good thing, however, one must know his or her background. Kashmiris are wonderful people like Punjabis. Both are culturally rich.

The Wain or Wyne are a tribe found throughout the Kashmir valley. The word Wani is the Kashmir distortion of the Sanskrit word Wania or Bania. They historically belonged to the Bania or trading caste. "Wain or Wani" [From pages 259 to 260 of vol.1 of Tawaareekh Aqwaam e Kashmir {Histories of the Tribes of Kashmir} by Muhammad Deen Fauq, written in 1934 A.D. ; Published by Nigarshat, 24 Muzang Road, Lahore, Pakistan, in 2003 A.D.]:

I am a 'Butt', a Kashmiri, from Lahore. Many people think i am Punjabi, but in fact i'm not ethnically. Instead, you can say that i am Punjabi culturally. This is the difference. Some people just don't have the knowledge that can identify Kashmiri names...

I never said Kayani is Kashmiri. I just pointed out the fact that General Wynne is next in line after him.

Kayanis are found predominantly in Sistan in Eastern Iran, the Potohar region of Pakistan's Punjab region, in the Hazara region of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, and in some parts of Balochistan. They have nothing to do with Kashmir.

Kashmiri origin people in military is good for Kashmiris who want Kashmir the region to be part of Pakistan. Its psychologically relaxing.

nawaz sharif n shabaz r also kashmiri

Overall as politicians they are poor.

But, if you remember, a deal was almost finalized with India's vajpy on Kashmir.
There was something like: Hindu dominated areas, Ladakh, and Jammu would be part of India. AND the rest, would be part of Pakistan
When ahole Musharraf came, the whole scenario changed starting with Kargil.

Nawaz Sharrif and Shabaz Sharrif are maybe be poor politicians, but they do a lot for Kashmiris. If you look now, they have quite a lot of people like them in their party and or as other employes.

The name 'Wynne' is a 100% Kashmiri name just like Butt, Mir, Khwaja, Pandit, Dar, Lone, etc.
Perhaps you were born and raised in Punjab and partly because of this, you probably don't feel the difference. This is a good thing, however, one must know his or her background. Kashmiris are wonderful people like Punjabis. Both are culturally rich.

The Wain or Wyne are a tribe found throughout the Kashmir valley. The word Wani is the Kashmir distortion of the Sanskrit word Wania or Bania. They historically belonged to the Bania or trading caste. "Wain or Wani" [From pages 259 to 260 of vol.1 of Tawaareekh Aqwaam e Kashmir {Histories of the Tribes of Kashmir} by Muhammad Deen Fauq, written in 1934 A.D. ; Published by Nigarshat, 24 Muzang Road, Lahore, Pakistan, in 2003 A.D.]:

I am a 'Butt', a Kashmiri, from Lahore. Many people think i am Punjabi, but in fact i'm not ethnically. Instead, you can say that i am Punjabi culturally. This is the difference. Some people just don't have the knowledge that can identify Kashmiri names...

I never said Kayani is Kashmiri. I just pointed out the fact that General Wynne is next in line after him.

Kayanis are found predominantly in Sistan in Eastern Iran, the Potohar region of Pakistan's Punjab region, in the Hazara region of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, and in some parts of Balochistan. They have nothing to do with Kashmir.

Kashmiri origin people in military is good for Kashmiris who want Kashmir the region to be part of Pakistan. Its psychologically relaxing.

Yaar ahoi jaee gal teh na kar. I'm an ethnic Kashmir Butt too but I would be deeply offended if someone were to differentiate between me and a Punjabi by calling me something other than a Punjabi. Outside of Pakistan the same applies to me being identified as anything other than a Pakistani.

Besides, Punjabi isn't an ethnic identity its a mix of linguistics, geography and culture and by God by any definition of Punjabiyat we 'Butt' are Punjabis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom