What's new

Agni-V to be tested twice this year, could be inducted by 2015

Agni 5 is less than 5,000km thus its not an ICBM, it's an IRBM. It will be another decade until its inducted. Probably around 2025.

In your face syndrome!

China accuses India of undermining Agni-V missile capabilities | Mail Online

Thursday's successful launch of the Agni- V missile continued to rattle China which has now claimed that India has deliberately downplayed its capability.
While India said the missile can cover a distance of over 5,000 kilometres, Chinese researchers felt the missile has the potential to reach targets 8,000 km away.
"The Agni-V actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 km away, but the Indian government had deliberately downplayed the missile's capability in order to avoid causing concern to other countries," Du Wenlong, a researcher at China's PLA Academy of Military Sciences, told the Global Times on Friday.

FIGURE THIS :

AGNI I - 700-1250 km

AGNI II - 2,000–3,000 km

AGNI III - 3,500 km- 5,000 km

AGNI IV - 4000 km +

AGNI V - 5000 - 8000 km

AGNI VI - 10,000 km

An Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) is a ballistic missile with a range of more than 5,500 kilometres (3,400 mi) typically designed for nuclear weapons delivery (delivering one or more nuclear warheads). Most modern designs support multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles (MIRVs), allowing a single missile to carry several warheads, each of which can strike a different target.

Oh please. Idiots running around the place screaming Agni-V is not an ICBM.

A5 is capable of 6,500kms in it's present form.

Oh please. Idiots running around the place screaming Agni-V is not an ICBM.

A5 is capable of 6,500kms in it's present form.

The official stated range is 5500km to 5800km .

What is the source of the 6500km range ??

I can't provide you the source, it's not online. but I know.

Ok . Even the DRDO chief has said that the the actual range of A5 is classified .So according to you it is 6500km .

A load of BS. India can't even make its own navigation device. They are imported from Russia.

THANK YOU CONGRESS FOR MAKING INDIA ICBM SUPERPOWER!!!!

ye b@sdivala sab thread me bakchodi kar raha hai.:pissed::angry::hitwall:
abe gandu congress ne apni gaand se nikali hai kaya Agni-V ........... agni-v is our scientists achievement.

ye b@sdivala sab thread me bakchodi kar raha hai.:pissed::angry::hitwall:
abe gandu congress ne apni gaand se nikali hai kaya Agni-V ........... agni-v is our scientists achievement.

Shoo maggot

On another note-I almost forgot about the thread. I'm BACK

I think they have already tested the canister . This is the rumored picture of the canister .

zit9a9.jpg

Not likely. A canister has a lot of other equipment boxes and ducts on the outside. Also rings of metal which strengthen te canister are visible.
Seems to be the solid-fuel motors of Agni-III or Agni-V.

why would they test "canisters" for Agni-5?
Its not intended for Submarine use or is it?
I thought only K series will be used on Subs...

Has the canister been individually stress-tested as yet?

The pressure & heat generated by the launch of a missile like Agni-5 would be phenomenal,
if DRDO is successful in developing a canister for this missile, it'll be a great achievement
indeed as the shelf life of our missiles will be greatly enhanced.

Both Agni-4 and Agni-5 are meant to be canisterized and transported around on special 10x10 TEL
vehicles.

The main rocket motor is never ignited while inside the canister...
A smaller explosive charge or small rocket motor is used to eject the missile just clear of the container and then the main rocket motor kicks in...
The launch procedure from TEL based canister is similar if not the same to Submarine launch..

for example this is a Topol canister launch..

Last edited by a moderator:
A smaller explosive charge or small rocket motor is used to eject the missile just clear of the container and then the main rocket motor kicks in...
The launch procedure from TEL based canister is similar if not the same to Submarine launch..

for example this is a Topol canister launch..

The main motor does not ignite inside the canister but still the canister needs to be able
to sustain a great degree of heat & pressure during the launch.

Read somewhere that some systems also use pressurised air/gas to eject missile out of canister .

Here is another video showing the cold launch .Video is of a failed S300 launch . Missile gets ejected out but the rocket engine does not fire .

why would they test "canisters" for Agni-5?
Its not intended for Submarine use or is it?
I thought only K series will be used on Subs...

A5 is being developed as caniterised road/rail mobile missile .

Not likely. A canister has a lot of other equipment boxes and ducts on the outside. Also rings of metal which strengthen te canister are visible.
Seems to be the solid-fuel motors of Agni-III or Agni-V.

It is rumored as the A5 canister.

Here is the K15 canister . It also does not have those equipment boxes , ducts on the outside and strengthening rings of metal .

20120601291003603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom