What's new

Afghanistan bans Indian soap operas

@Sher Malang yaar,u got any idea about our daily soaps??

There are still some but not banned; the Turkish serials have overtaken all others.

Pakistan had an excellent chance to cover Afghanistan through Pashtu channels, which would have been instrumental in not only bringing the people together but could also influence the public opinion. Not to say would have provided a good boost to channel's income.

Always the last one to party, that is why its pertinent that some decision making powers are given to civilians who have a better knack of these things.

Afghans don't understand that sort of mixed urdu-punjabi-english Pashto of Pakistan there are some but flop no one watch them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still some but not banned; the Turkish serials have overtaken all others.

Afghans don't understand that sort of mixed urdu-punjabi-english Pashto of Pakistan there are some but flop no one watch them.

turkish channels dubbed in pashto??

stop all the serials some have been going on for years. They dont get over ,ladies in most of the families have some serieals which they follow and they dont allow to watch anything else when the serials are going on.

Love or hate serials one cannot ignore its social impact. I remember that when that serial about female police officer was telecast (I think the name is Udaan) it inspired a lot of girls to join the police force.

Women showing their head is much too liberal and forget about them voicing their own opinion.

Make sure the ladies in your house don't get to watch them. Don't know about turkish serials but Indian serials are damn addictive and they run for years together. They also give sorts of all evil ideas to a woman. Be careful dude.

lol.. this is so old news.. but not too late to congratulate them..
I have observed pakistan male watches these.. in India, its considered taboo for men to watch them.. only if you are married you will watch with your wife (hide any interest in them, just blame your wife for watching even if you like them)

For unmarried male its strict no no, never ever even mention it (like fair and lovely cream) :omghaha:

No offenses but Muslims on one hand say that their love for Allah is true and unquestionable and on the other they need to force rules to prevent themselves from doing 'haram'

None taken, mind you, it's not the average Muslim asking for them to be banned.

None taken, mind you, it's not the average Muslim asking for them to be banned.

But still,some are banning them.I believe your faith cannot be forced on you and it should come from the heart.

Sorry if i hurt anyone in this holy month but i shared what i felt.

good. hopefully GOI follows suit. :P
ban that nonsense on Indian Telly as well

But still,some are banning them.I believe your faith cannot be forced on you and it should come from the heart.

Sorry if i hurt anyone in this holy month but i shared what i felt.

By some you mean the leaders right? or those with the reigns of power in their hands? Just like the Vatican bans condoms & abortions yet Catholics still use them? :P

Back
Top Bottom