What's new

‘Admitting you are a secularist can get you killed in Pakistan’

Acknowledgement is different than establishment. Or like the american say on their currency "In God We Trust".

US is also not truly secular, Why the are forcing "In God We Trust" and 10 commandments on atheist

This could explain what most of these wahobes do in isolation!

History

In the 1930s, research by psychologist Wolfgang Metzger established that when subjects gazed into a featureless field of vision they consistently hallucinated and their electroencephalograms changed.

The Ganzfeld effect is the result of the brain amplifying neural noise in order to look for the missing visual signals. The noise is interpreted in the higher visual cortex, and gives rise to hallucinations. This may occur as a result of the sensory deprivation of sleep to produce dreams or in a loss of vision due to a traumatic event, such as would lead to the sights reported in near death experiences.

The Ganzfeld effect has been reported since ancient times. The adepts of Pythagoras retreated to pitch black caves to receive wisdom through their visions,[3] known as the prisoner's cinema. Miners trapped by accidents in mines frequently reported hallucinations, visions and seeing ghosts when they were in the pitch dark for days. Arctic explorers seeing nothing but featureless landscape of white snow for a long time also reported hallucinations and an altered state of mind.
The effect is a component of a Ganzfeld experiment, a technique used in the field of parapsychology.
The artist James Turrell (partly inspired by clear blue skies) has created many such "Ganzfelds" throughout his oeuvre.

:pop: your point being? Religion is a hallucination?

[MENTION=39879] @fateh71 No no! @Zarvan is a friend with mixed up definitions!

You got me wrong, I LOLed because despite outnumbering him you guys are losing the battle.

The true power of ''faith'' comes from the ability to brainwash and the dogged belief in ''absolute truth''. You may be better trained than me, but he is better trained than you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yups. Just read the Holy Quran, and try to learn the language. Different "Tafsirs" aka "The Interpretations" have messed us up. Quran is something very personal, read it and absorb only what your mental capacity allows you to.

Why are you obsessed with Wahabi? It is named after a guy some WAHAB!

My belief is not named after a guy...I am not a Mohammadan nor a Wahabi...am what ALLAH gave the name in the Quran MUSLIM! one who practices Islam...

Ok back to topic whats new? :pop:

Those 10 commandments are basically good and moral human behavior!

And they appeared from thin air? No they did not they came with a religion...THAT is what religion is SUPPOSED to do!

TEACH YOU TO BE HUMAN! But men now adays think they can do it on their own...and we have seen how miserably they have failed!

Could be!
I find many segments if Islam to be inconsistent and incomprehensible!

Open a thread and invite me! I would like to debate on that! :D

Yups. Just read the Holy Quran, and try to learn the language. Different "Tafsirs" aka "The Interpretations" have messed us up. Quran is something very personal, read it and absorb only what your mental capacity allows you to.

the tafsirs are just good to aid in understanding but should not be taken as the ONLY meaning! :)

You got me wrong, I LOLed because despite outnumbering him you guys are losing the battle.

The true power of ''faith'' comes from the ability to brainwash and the dogged belief in ''absolute truth''. You may be better trained than me, but he is better trained than you.

That is not faith that is human denial + ignorance!

Even an iletrate villager with power in Pakistan's rural areas can do that! He may even call himself GOD for he thinks he decides whom to kill and whom to spare! So mind you that is not faith it is being twisted! :D

Thanks @Hyperion my daddy already told me to do that...You will be a good dad ;)

And they appeared from thin air? No they did not they came with a religion...THAT is what religion is SUPPOSED to do!

TEACH YOU TO BE HUMAN! But men now adays think they can do it on their own...and we have seen how miserably they have failed!

Open a thread and invite me! I would like to debate on that! :D

Thats a good recipe to get banned!

the tafsirs are just good to aid in understanding but should not be taken as the ONLY meaning! :)

That is not faith that is human denial + ignorance!

Even an iletrate villager with power in Pakistan's rural areas can do that! He may even call himself GOD for he thinks he decides whom to kill and whom to spare! So mind you that is not faith it is being twisted! :D

You understand how retarded is that statement? Thats like saying English has many different meaning dependent on how and who interprets it!

You understand how retarded is that statement? Thats like saying English has many different meaning dependent on how and who interprets it!

Sure! When I call you and idiot it doesnt automatically make you an idiot someone quoting me will say @somebozo is an idiot but does it make you an idiot?

Idiot on its own can mean mentally deficient person but for me it just is a replacement for saying any swear :D

No offence...it was an example from the top of my mind

back to the topic:

‘Admitting you are a secularist can get you killed in Pakistan’

I have yet to see someone died for being secularist in Pakistan for all I know from my reading, talking, reading MANY Pakistanis are secularist!

I am an atheist
I don't understand why you people need a piece of paper to tell you what to do & not do.mankind has such historic personalties that have taught so many things which these books have taught you mahatma gandhi,mohmad ali jinah,martin luther king,lord Buddha,dali lama & many more
by books i mean Quran, Gita,guru grant sahib,bible

Thats a good recipe to get banned!

I actually do not know what is?! :blink:

I am an atheist
I don't understand why you people need a piece of paper to tell you what to do & not do.mankind has such historic personalties that have taught so many things which these books have taught you mahatma gandhi,mohmad ali jinah,martin luther king,lord Buddha,dali lama & many more
by books i mean Quran, Gita,guru grant sahib,bible
@Echo_419 Well, where did these men get their ideas from? And well, books were brought to make MANKIND understand what is good for them and what is not...Like those people you mentioned, the prophets who brought down the books though exited long ago did similar if not better GOOD things...

So, now you are with me :whistle:

So, acknowledge this reality that secularism is a theory which is not practical and can't be implemented in it's true essence - you can't remove personal beliefs from someones mind while he/she is performing state affairs. The important thing is the Laws & system which should not differentiate, There is no harm in being Muslim, Hindu, Christian or Jew state if you can do justice.

Why are you obsessed with Wahabi? It is named after a guy some WAHAB!

My belief is not named after a guy...I am not a Mohammadan nor a Wahabi...am what ALLAH gave the name in the Quran MUSLIM! one who practices Islam...

Ok back to topic whats new? :pop:

Oh come on I thought you were a fellow follower of Buttism ! :cray:

Back
Top Bottom