What's new

A fighter is shotdown near the border

@xenon54 , and other Turkish guys,
Although I dislike this @Hazzy997 guy, but he is right about the saudis attitude about turkey. Saudi sees Erdogan as an ally of MB, and Qatar, which it is completely true, and then obviously has not any positive attitude about Turkey, at least. ;)

You see what I mean, even though you guys disagree with me on some issues :D, I am right about this and got attacked for saying it. :lol:

:eek:
Ottoman Empire, duh.

Brilliant Idea!

Transfer the Gaza Strip and the West Bank to Turkey, and give all Palestinians Turkish citizenship.
If people could live in peace then, why not now?

How come this has not been proposed before???:cheers:

Brilliant Idea!

Transfer the Gaza Strip and the West Bank to Turkey, and give all Palestinians Turkish citizenship.

The brilliant idea is to take every Jew in Palestine who by the nature of his actions is a criminal killer and colonialist who came to steal our land and aid the occupation back to his homeland in Europe or America and restore the rights of the Palestinian people.

Dude, if I'm not being biassed for Turkey, trust you me, Assad is a million times better than the Arab rut that will replace him. We, as a country can NOT afford additional Salafist badlands, just next to our borders. What do you think will happen when Saudi trained AQ terrorists take over Damascus? All will be hunky dory? No my friend! Instability, which has it's roots in a virulent version of any religion is far worse than a dictatorship.
I think Erdogan's plan was, first get Assad out, then get the extremist out, then make Syria vassal state.

He thought US would back him up, but they made 180 degree turn on him.

The problem in long-bets is that you need to be in absolute control of the situation. And now we have a situation, that begs to be salvaged. Bad game on Erdo's part. Myopic vision, if you ask me.

I think Erdogan's plan was, first get Assad out, then get the extremist out, then make Syria vassal state.

Brilliant Idea!

Wouldnt it be better if Israel was Located somewhere in germany? :cheesy:

A MIG23 with the heaviest upgrade costs around $1,230,000 while the missile that HVKK used it to shoot the jet down, AIM-120C/D costs around $1,470,000...:lol:

You sure it was a AIM-120 that was used and not a AIM-9 Sidewinder?

It's a beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile with active radar-guidance. The seeker-head alone is beyond the capability of many countries' defense industries. :big_boss:

Asshead should keep in mind that he can freely Bombard Syrian civilians with his planes but when it comes to a country with strong Air force he should think like 10 times before crossing the Threshold...

About the mig 23 from wiki.

Performance tests

Many potential enemies of the USSR and its client states have had opportunities to evaluate the MiG-23’s performance. In the 1970s, after a political realignment by the Egyptian government, Egypt gave MiG-23MSs to the United States and the People's Republic of China in exchange for military hardware. In the US, these MiG-23MSs, and other variants acquired later from Germany, were used as part of a Soviet military hardware evaluation program. Dutch pilot Leon Van Maurer, who had more than 1,200 hours flying F-16s, flew against MiG-23MLs from air bases in Germany and the U.S. as part of NATO's aerial mock combat training with Soviet equipment. He concluded the MiG-23ML was superior in the vertical to early F-16 variants, just slightly inferior to the F-16A in the horizontal, and had superior BVR capability.[51]

The Israelis tested a MiG-23MLD flown to them by a Syrian defector, and found it had better acceleration than the F-16 and F/A-18.

U.S. and Israeli reports also found that the MiG-23's Head-Up Display (HUD) doubles as a radarscope, allowing the pilot to keep his eyes focused at infinity while operating his radar. This allowed the Soviets to omit the separate radarscope from the MiG-23. This feature was carried over into the MiG-29, though in that aircraft, a cathode ray tube (CRT) is carried on the upper right corner to double as a radarscope. Western opinions about this "head-up radarscope" are mixed. The Israelis were impressed, but an American F-16 pilot criticized it as "sticking a transparent map in front of the HUD" and not providing a three-dimensional presentation that would accurately cue a pilot's eyes to look for a fighter as it appears in a particular direction.[citation needed]

Additionally, a Cuban pilot flew a MiG-23BN to the U.S. in 1991, and a Libyan MiG-23 pilot also defected to Greece in 1981. In both cases, the aircraft were later repatriated.[52]

The early MiG-23M series was also used to test the American Northrop F-5s captured by the North Vietnamese and sent to the former USSR for evaluation. The Russians acknowledged the F-5 was a very agile aircraft, and at some speeds and altitudes better than the MiG-23M, one of the main reasons the MiG-23MLD and MiG-29 developments were started. These tests allowed the Russians to make modifications to several of their fourth-generation aircraft. The MiG-23, however, was not designed to combat F-5s, a weakness reflected by early MiG-23 variants.[53]

Early Western reports claimed that the aircraft had poor dogfighting capability, due to being designed to outaccelerate the F-111.[54] Later analysis showed the MiG-23 to be equivalent to the F-4, surpassed only by newer fourth-generation fighters, such as the F-15 and F-16. (The MiG-23 is considered a third-generation jet fighter.) The Soviet combat manual for MiG-23MLD pilots claims the MiG-23MLD to have a slight superiority over the F-4 and Kfir, but is no match for the F-15 and F-16 in most combat parameters. This manual also recommends tactics to be used against these fighters.[55]

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom