What's new

73 killed as Maoists ambush CRPF team

It's funny when I read pakistani boys, usual ZH fans, claiming 30-40% India under maoist without realizing its presence (only jungles not cities, towns etc) not control which is talked about, usual lack of research and exaggeration !:rofl:

Wow really - All I see are ISLAMIST parties in Pakistan - Care to share one hindu supporting party in PAKISTAN?

Remember the basis for Pakistan was a separate land for MUSLIMS!

HYPOCRACY AT ITS BEST!

:cheers:

Hindus in Pakistan have their own group/party called Pakistan Minorities Alliance (APMA) made up of Christians, Hindus, Sikhs etc etc......

Thankfully for us, we had Qaid, Mohammed Ali Jinnah who saw through the Indians and recognised the need for a separate homelandand thankfully he did what he did, otherwise we would have too been massacred in our millions by Hindu facists........I cannot thank Qaid e Azam enough and pray for his soul to be in heaven for what he did for us.........

Mohammed Ali Jinnah's one sentence was enough to counter why Pakistan had to be and why Hindus hate Muslims...........“They worship a cow and we eat it."

SIMPLE

Wow really - All I see are ISLAMIST parties in Pakistan - Care to share one hindu supporting party in PAKISTAN?

the ruling party in Pakistan is a secular party

Most of the Islamist parties like MMA (which lost 2008 elections even in the more conservative NWFP region) sit in parliament opposition

Remember the basis for Pakistan was a separate land for MUSLIMS!

HYPOCRACY AT ITS BEST!

:cheers:

where's the hypocrisy?

What we dont have is religious extremists/fanatics active in politics who are concurrently calling for extermination of our minority groups.

Not the same thing i can say about your own country. Look at Shiv Sena and BJP.

It's funny when I read pakistani boys, usual ZH fans, claiming 30-40% India under maoist without realizing its presence not control which is talked about, usual lack of research and exaggeration !:rofl:

India's bloody Maoist insurgency began in the remote forests of the state of West Bengal in the late 1960s.

Decades later Prime Minister Manmohan Singh described it as India's "greatest internal security challenge".

Maoists are also known as "Naxalites" because of the violent left-wing uprising in 1967, which began in the West Bengal village of Naxalbari.

Although this was eventually quashed by police, over the years India's Maoists have regrouped and asserted control over vast swathes of land in central and eastern India, establishing a so-called "red corridor".

This spans the states of Jharkand, West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh and also reaches into Uttar Pradesh, and Karnataka.

The Maoists and affiliated groups are thought to control more than one third of India's 600-odd districts.

And more than 6,000 people have died in the rebels' long fight for communist rule in these states.

Maoist aims

The Maoists' military leader is Koteshwar Rao, otherwise known as Kishenji.

map

Thousands of rebels are said to swell his guerrilla ranks - estimates vary from 10,000 to 20,000 armed fighters. They are said to get most of their weapons by raiding police bases.

Analysts say the longevity of the Maoist rebellion is partly due to the local support they receive.

The rebels say they are fighting for the rights of indigenous tribespeople and the rural poor who they say have been neglected by governments for decades.

Maoists claim to represent local concerns over land ownership and equitable distribution of resources.

Ultimately they say they want to establish a "communist society" by overthrowing India's "semi-colonial, semi-feudal" form of rule through armed struggle.

Major rebel attacks

And over the years the Maoists have managed to launch a series of damaging attacks on Indian security forces.

In 2009, rebels gained virtual control of the Lalgarh district in West Bengal barely 250km (155 miles) from the state capital Calcutta.

For many months, rebels, supported by local villagers, held hundreds of paramilitary forces at bay. The Maoists declared it to be India's first "liberated zone" but Indian security forces finally overwhelmed the rebels.

March 2010 saw rebels ambush paramilitary troops in the dense jungles of central Chhattisgarh state, killing at least 75 soldiers. Correspondents say it was the worst-ever Maoist attack on Indian security forces.

In 2007, also in Chhattisgarh, Maoist rebels killed 55 policemen in an attack on a remote police outpost.

Almost every week, Maoist rebels are blamed for minor skirmishes and incidents across India's north-east - common tactics include blowing up railway tracks and attacking police stations.

But the Maoists are now facing India's biggest ever anti-Maoist offensive.

Nearly 50,000 federal paramilitary troops and tens of thousands of policemen are taking part in the operation across several states.

Rebels have vowed to intensify their attacks unless the government halts its offensive against them.

India's government in turn has pledged to crack down even harder unless rebels renounce violence and enter peace talks.

Analysts say the chances of dialogue or any kind of rapprochement are slim.

-----------

BBC News - Profile: India's Maoist rebels

-----------

_47596539_india_states_226.gif

-----------

Is that good enough or is this all propaganda

well apart from the naxalites, groups like ULFA; Deccan/indian mujahideen and shiv sena are good examples of other terrorist groups in india

you being indian, i'm sure you know more about the other ones and can explain them to us

in a nut-shell, they are fighting for a communist state....they have declared their war against the center i.e. police, state schools, local and migrant businessmen and private sector personalities are all in their cross-hairs

they claim to represent the poor, and being communists --are against wide-scale privatization/industrialization of their lands

they seem to be vociferous in their demands and very willing to engage the local police.

Its been going on for quite some time now, yet some indians label them merely as 'disaffected tribals'

here is a memory re-fresher of just how brazen they have been. Just the other day, they shot 75 policemen

10 deadliest Naxal attacks in India in the last six years Terrorism Watch

this topic is about Naxalite terrorism in hindustan. Stick to the topic without getting emotional or throwing needless tantrums.

I said the active ones - ULFA is popularly known as SULFA i.e. S stands for Surrendered, Deccan Mujahideen is a sleeping cell activated by "YOU WOULD KNOW BETTER" as they operate out of your land.

Their Ideology is against the STATE which is based on DEMOCRACY AND NOT COMMUNISM OR MAOISM! - besides they are our own so we cannot just go ahead and kill them.

Finally your friend posted a purposeful message - I SIMPLY SHUT HIM UP and did not throw any tantrums.

:coffee:

the ruling party in Pakistan is a secular party

Most of the Islamist parties like MMA (which lost 2008 elections even in the more conservative NWFP region) sit in parliament opposition

where's the hypocrisy?

What we dont have is religious extremists/fanatics active in politics who are concurrently calling for extermination of our minority groups.

Not the same thing i can say about your own country. Look at Shiv Sena and BJP.

You just quoted the ISLAMIST PARTY HENCE EXTREMIST i.e. no support for the minority.

BJP too sits in the opposition and so does Shiv Sena! so please look at your own country and then point fingers!

Sikhs killed by Taliban, which is the biggest threat to secularism was created and backed by your country not INDIA!

Hindus in Pakistan have their own group/party called Pakistan Minorities Alliance (APMA) made up of Christians, Hindus, Sikhs etc etc......

Thankfully for us, we had Qaid, Mohammed Ali Jinnah who saw through the Indians and recognised the need for a separate homelandand thankfully he did what he did, otherwise we would have too been massacred in our millions by Hindu facists........I cannot thank Qaid e Azam enough and pray for his soul to be in heaven for what he did for us.........

Mohammed Ali Jinnah's one sentence was enough to counter why Pakistan had to be and why Hindus hate Muslims...........“They worship a cow and we eat it."

SIMPLE

If if u have such petty mentality, I truly pray for jinah's soul to be in heaven, that such overly theocratic and small mentality people don't live here, where a statement such as "we eat beef and the worship cow" is enough for them to create a country!:rofl:

Thank God, this bankrupt mess called pakistan is for the US, NATO etc for taking and its a separate entity relying on US and not us for sustainance and survival, I can't imagine such mess here and we being dragged to stone age!:agree:

You just quoted the ISLAMIST PARTY HENCE EXTREMIST i.e. no support for the minority.

BJP too sits in the opposition and so does Shiv Sena! so please look at your own country and then point fingers!

Sikhs killed by Taliban, which is the biggest threat to secularism was created and backed by your country not INDIA!

eeeerrrr Sikhs killed by the TTP (who by the way Pakistan believes are funded by India's RAW)..........and they were not killed for being Sikh, they were killed for siding with the PA and not the TTP when required for the use of land and shelter.......get your facts right, you appear blinded by the facist VHP/BJP/Shiv Sena philosophy

And by the way, they now sit in the opposition, they have been an elected party in power also.......hypocricy at its best (facism)

I said the active ones - ULFA is popularly known as SULFA i.e. S stands for Surrendered

Are you sure? What about the NDFB? By the way, Assam seperatists still seem to be pretty active. These are all recent incidents

Grenade blast in Assam, night trains suspended till R-Day - The Times of India

Bomb blast in Imphal, 4 wounded - The Times of India

Site Under Construction

Powerful bomb blast in Imphal | Siasat

The Hindu : Front Page : Militants blow up railway track in Assam

Three blasts rock Manipur, four injured | Siasat

Site Under Construction

The Hindu : National : ULFA threatens to target security forces

Deccan Mujahideen is a sleeping cell activated by "YOU WOULD KNOW BETTER" as they operate out of your land.

Baseless words. Nothing more.

it's a purely indian group

Their Ideology is against the STATE which is based on DEMOCRACY AND NOT COMMUNISM OR MAOISM! - besides they are our own so we cannot just go ahead and kill them.

sure....seems they have no problem killing your comrades though --such as those 75 policemen who were all shot the other day

Finally your friend posted a purposeful message - I SIMPLY SHUT HIM UP and did not throw any tantrums.

Well i'll tell you again. Lose the tantrums and emotional drama.

And stop typing in all Caps letters. It wont make your argument more cogent by typing in big letters.

Thanks.

eeeerrrr Sikhs killed by the TTP (who by the way Pakistan believes are funded by India's RAW)

What??? You are suggesting that TTP is funded by RAW? Dude whatever you are smoking these days.. seems to be working well for you.

India's bloody Maoist insurgency began in the remote forests of the state of West Bengal in the late 1960s.

The Maoists and affiliated groups are thought to control more than one third of India's 600-odd districts.

Again, I say the same thing to dear pakistanis, who would like to assume and propagate to their fellow pakistani kids, that see India is Gone, they are in no good position and we are the best!

Read carefully with objectivity its a speculative article with words like "thought to have" etc.....They themselves are not sure, and u wanna quote such things! get some facts then we will talk, not what you want to believe! Similarly, to the case when you were told by your media and of-course allies (their media) that you were winning 1971 War, but actual results were different, and there were riots in pakistan:rofl:

That map, and the one cross referenced with BBC (who I may add do not work for the ISI) shows an area bigger then Pakistan put together.......

The current Indian PM is on record for voicing concern that the Maoist represent biggest threat to India, more so than the highly exaggerated Islamic Fundamentals, he claimed, but when you are in self denial than i guess these are just vote winner claims.

control 1/3 -- i doubt it. Re-read my post. I said ''presence'' in my post.

We are just basing these claims based on what BBC, Al Jazeera English, CNN and other less-biased sources reported.

even PM Singh recognizes naxals as a grave threat to indias internal security....therefore i am surprised that despite this, naxal affected areas are seeing little relief. It seems naxals are only getting stronger and their attacks are becoming more brazen

Back
Top Bottom