What's new

50 Indian Double-decker Buses Arrive

Now volvo is Indian brand eh.:lol: What kind of copy right infringement we should call it as such
plagiarism is unparalled in 21st century. On top of advertising junk on a 2 month old thread you
are claiming a foreign brand as indian.:disagree:

It's shows your level of IQ - "OrionHunter" never said Volvo as Indian brand, his message was high end cars such us Volvo also manufactured in India and it depends upon the ability of your government whether to buy high end Volvo or low cost AshokLeyland...

Due you know a place in India "Chennai" called Detroit of Asia which houses almost all the majors of automobiles because of it's robust auto ancillaries production plants in and around Chennai City...

Below is a video about the Benz (Called BharatBenz) new plant in Chennai...

DICV set up a manufacturing plant for the BharatBenz trucks in Oragadam, near Chennai in Tamil Nadu at an investment of over €700 million (44 billion INR). Its biggest investment outside Europe. Construction area for plant is 400 acres, out of which 47 acres are dedicated to 3-lane 1.55 kilometre test track.Test track include a bump track, pothole testing and articulation sections, a water trough, an inspection ramp and a control tower. Initial production capacity at the plant is 36000 units per year for 2012 and will be expanded to 70000 units per year by start of 2013 with additional investment of 3.5 billion INR.[15] Series production started in June 2012 with the 2523R truck, with sales expected from September 2012.

Localization rate for BharatBenz truck is 85% with more than 450 local suppliers out of which 41 per cent are based in Tamil Nadu and 44 per cent are in rest of the country, with an aim to exceed 90%.

Daimler has test driven its trucks a distance of 4.5 million km in various conditions at its test track in Oragadam.

Last edited by a moderator:
As they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. No knowledge at all, sucks. As is the case with you. I keep wondering, how come people can be so dumb? Is it because of a lack of education? Or is it some sorta inferiority complex that makes them shoot from the hip in the hope that someone will think he's a genius?
Now let's get to the brass tacks. You say Volvo buses are not produced/manufactured in India? Volvo Buses are being manufactured in India for the past 10 years, with a state-of-the-art factory near Bangalore and has attained a leadership status in the coach and city bus manufacturing segments in India. The company also exports to Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and South Africa.
In 2008, Volvo Buses established an independent company – Volvo Buses India Private Limited – and inaugurated its Complete Bus Factory near Bangalore, which would be the first Indian company totally & singularly focused on offering bus related solutions under one roof.By setting up the factory, Volvo created a first in India by offering the entire bus – the chassis, the body and all accessories from under one roof. The new factory, was built based on Volvo’s global best practises and in effect was the most modern, even though it would have a capacity of about 1000 buses.[/B]
Of the 85,000 new engines that will be manufactured in Pithampur every year, 30,000 will be sent to the Volvo Group’s engine plant in Vénissieux in France for final assembly.
Volvo engines being produced in India.

Have your doubts been cleared? Now go do some serious reading instead of wasting your time on Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse comics.

@OrionHunter being a deceptive indian you have twisted my word very cleverly or you have serious comprehension problem. Did I even talked about whether Volvo (swedish) brand is manufactured in India or not? Please show me in my post where I talked about something like this?

This is your post where you were comparing Ashok leyland (indian brand) with Volvo (Swedish brand)

At least we produce junk. What do you produce? Just a lot of hot air from bigmouths like you that add to global warming.
By the way these buses are not the high end ones because BD cannot afford them. A Volvo class double decker manufactured in India would cost you four times the amount. Nuff said!

Volvo manufactured in india doesn't make it Indian just Nokia sets manufactured in china doesn't make it chinese. Don't
try to defend your junk brands with foreign ones. What BD can afford is not the question here but its the shameless
attempt by you, an Indian to claim Volvo as something your country owns. Nuff said.

Hear is two different Volvo manufacturing plant of India, no one is stopping Bangladesh from ordering high cost Volvo Buses from India or else from any other country, but when I see comments such us junk Indian goods and other nasty things - I wonder how on earth this guys order a junk on first instance and then abuse the seller!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@OrionHunter being a deceptive indian you have twisted my word very cleverly or you have serious comprehension problem. Did I even talked about whether Volvo (swedish) brand is manufactured in India or not? Please show me in my post where I talked about something like this?

This is your post where you were comparing Ashok leyland (indian brand) with Volvo (Swedish brand)

Volvo manufactured in india doesn't make it Indian just Nokia sets manufactured in china doesn't make it chinese. Don't
try to defend your junk brands with foreign ones. What BD can afford is not the question here but its the shameless
attempt by you, an Indian to claim Volvo as something your country owns. Nuff said.

http://indianautosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Tata-CNG-hybrid-bus.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/tractors/images/e/e4/Ashok_Leyland_Inter-city_luxury_bus.jpg

hope this will suite your high standards

Volvo manufactured in india doesn't make it Indian just Nokia sets manufactured in china doesn't make it chinese. Don't try to defend your junk brands with foreign ones. What BD can afford is not the question here but its the shameless attempt by you, an Indian to claim Volvo as something your country owns. Nuff said.
You do have comprehension problems my friend! Where did I ever say that Volvo is an INDIAN BRAND?? Jeez! I thought I mentioned very clearly that these high end buses are MANUFACTURED in India.

I also did mention that BD cannot afford these high end buses. And Ashok Leyland is not 'junk' as you say but just that they are much cheaper and affordable where BD is concerned.

Sigh! I know Bengali is your first language and English your second. So your twaddle is excusable. :P

110620164831-4-64.jpg

sir, these are not double decker buses but sleeper coaches........but the first one you posted was double decker......

Some Indian opened a 2 month old thread just to advertise their Double Docking junk. NO need to advertise indians, we already know that you can produce such junk.

Got the money???
we can give you this

hibrido-TML_25-agosto-20111-1024x768.jpg

Tata Hispano Hybrid Buses to run in Madrid

Tata Hispano Motors Carrocera SA, Tata Motors' wholly owned subsidiary in Spain, has won a prestigious order for supplying 10 CNG Series Hybrid low-floor city buses, to be built on Tata Motors chassis, to EMT Madrid, a Madrid city public transportation company. The buses will be delivered in 2012. Meant for urban transportation, the Tata Hispano CNG Hybrid is powered with a series hybrid system. For a series hybrid vehicle, the engine is not connected to the driveline. Instead it just runs a generator which charges the battery pack at a steady power. The battery pack provides electrical energy to the motor which in turn generates tractive power. Besides, the engine operates on a constant speed, constant load mode, maximising engine efficiency irrespective of large variation in vehicle speed and frequent stops and starts. The Tata Hispano CNG Hybrid offers substantial improvement in fuel economy and emissions compared to a conventional bus. As a result, the technology leads to lower emissions, thereby contributing to cleaner air and a greener, more environment-friendly commercial passenger transportation application. The vehicle chassis is capable of being integrated with pure electric mode, CNG micro turbine and hydrogen fuel cell in the future. The low-floor bus (floor height: 350 mm) is equipped with heater, air-conditioner, wheel chair, baby seat, space for luggage, security cameras, WIFI, electrical ramp, ticketing machine, reverse camera, electronic display board, electrically operated in-swing and out-swing doors and kneeling facility allowing easy entry and exit, reducing halt time and trip lengths. Electronically controlled air suspension (ECAS) and electronic braking provide excellent ride quality, handling and passenger comfort. With high starting & smooth acceleration, and a maximum speed of 70 km per hour, the Tata Hispano Hybrid is an innovative solution for fast and comfortable urban transport in an environment-friendly manner.

398cc59e-dabc-47d3-9fbf-60740a0e974e.jpg

Ashok Leyland Hybus at CWG 2010

NEW DELHI: Hinduja Group flagship Ashok Leyland which had unveiled Hybus, India’s first plug-in CNG hybrid bus, at its stall at Auto Expo 2010, will be on the roads for the first time in India at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. Hybus is more eco-friendly than a CNG-powered bus, thanks to integration of hybrid technology. Compared to a conventional bus powered by IC engine, it offers significant fuel saving of 20-30 per cent. Ashok Leyland will hand over 2 buses to ferry VVIPs and VIPs during the inaugural ceremony in Delhi. The Hybus combines conventional CNG engine with electric propulsion system. The engine is operated at an optimal efficiency to drive the generator for charging on-board battery. The Lithium-Ion battery that powers the electrical drive system provides the propulsion. The Hybus intelligently selects the most efficient operating mode to ensure maximum fuel efficiency without compromising performance, comfort or passenger safety. The Hybus has a host of commuter-friendly features including ultra low entry at 390mm with kneeling option, noise-free rear engine, front and rear air suspensions and retractable ramp for wheel-chair entry. The Hybus also incorporates some innovative pedestrian safety concepts: sound and light alerts while the bus moves, a camera-assisted reversing aid for the driver and night time highlighters near the tail lights. The bus front has a novel design to absorb impact on collision, which drastically reduces severity of injury.

or else take these

949699d1341160147-ashok-leyland-international-presence-photo1301-800x600.jpg

and shut up!!!:wave:

well, if it goes through we'll see how they fare.....i wouldnt exactly even look at Pak Railways and the babus they are employing - as a shining example of 'corporate brilliance' anyways

Indian rail engines are best in class........

India was the third country to build a 5000 bhp diesel engine(us,china,india)
well we have people who are manufacturing parts and components for Boeing Aircrafts, assembling FIGHTER aircrafts and manufacturing buses so there's neither a shortage of the skilled workers nor screw drivers

any pakistan design integrel body bus?locomotive?

Back
Top Bottom