What's new

5,000-km Agni-V missile ready for test firing: Antony

Missiles have nothing to do with your democracy. China is way ahead of you without any democrazy. Stick to topic.

i do believe you have to work on your comprehension skills, he did not compare democracy and communism-he just mentioned that being a democracy india will take more time in getting things done

I'm not sure what you mean but my comment was directed at these two geniuses, not the whole of the Indian people.

ARE u paid by ur communist party to post ANTI-INDIA ?

And we don't HATE instead we LIKE people of china,but we HATE ur communist government...
i am sad that people of china don't enjoy the benefits of democracy.....
And i know u may not be in CHINA..
Dont worry,one fine day,china will be Democratic,maybe by force from its enemies nation
or by its own people who want democracy....that's for sure..
i think u know how Soviet(communist) became a kind a DEMOCRATIC..

keep your mouth shut!

It is already shut. We, in India, usually type with our hands, not with our tongues :rofl:

we have better missile than bramos named babur.

You have everything better than India; no doubt about that. For example, crazy people are better in Pakistan than India. Do I need to give some example;)

suparco working on slv. because of current situation pakistan not testing tipu missile

Current situation.........which one? The floods or War on Terror?

Tipu missile..............:rofl:

No-no, I am not laughing at your missile.

You know what.......Tipu Sultan (the Tiger of Mysore) was the first person to have used rockets for the purpose of warfare. You named your missile after Indian King. There was no Pakistan till 14-09-1947; so don't claim that he was a Muslim and so a Pakistani too :rofl:. He was born as Indian and died as Indian.

other wise according Samar Mubarakmand and NESCOM, pakistan is well ahead of India in rocket and missile technology.

Both of those claims are Pakistani; so you can't be sure that this is an unbiased judgement.

If that is the scale; even India is ahead of China in some parts:

DRDO chief V K Saraswat said the country is gearing to test its its indigenous Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) shield in near future, a programme, he claimed, is more sophisticated than the Chinese one.

"This is one area where we are senior to China," he said when asked to compare Indian BMD programme with that of China, which carried out its first test-firing on January 14.

Yeah...........now you can start praising the Chinese system as you yourself tested and approved them.

see your missiles failed so many times. if you launch it against anyone it will fail again.

I am happy that you pointed out this.

Now you please tell me, as you are so knowledgeable in missile tech., how you test fire even new missiles only successfully. I never heard of any Pakistani Missile failure.

Even with its large technological base, when the US started testing its BMD, seven out of 14 tests had failed consecutively; why Pakistan never reported any failures in its missile test programme????

rocket technology is not an easy technology. it takes time.

Yes; it is not easy and it takes time. But again; How Pakistan only successfully test fire a missile; no failure till now????:rofl:

Yes..........start now claiming :blah::blah:

:smokin:

every body here,if a nation has a capability to launch and put satellites in orbit,it can easily convert that vehicle to ICBM which can cover the whole earth...it can hit any part of the eart may it be China US UK etc etc...
if anyone who knows about space science here (on defence.pk) can understan ,if he doesn't know then he will just troll with jealousy..

U may ask why india has not made any ICBM..?
ANS: india has the capability to convert PSLV(satellite launch vehicle) to a ICBM with a range of 20,000KM,by changing the software and creating a hard shield for the missile to help it in reentry...
when india made its nuclear weapon,evry countries got angry and imposed sanctions...
and think wat happens wen india make ICBM officially ,which points at U.K or US....
already britian can't see india growing....they will start a new controversy...
heard of Surya 1 and 2 ICBM(12000KM) which is in development.....
Don't worry it will be in development for many years in the eyes of the world...
it is just to distract countries that india making ICBM with large range..
i think u understood......if u don't understand space technology,please don't troll...

pakistani missile will never fail....cause those missile tech are from china and north korea,they won't build indegniously,so there will be no failure...
they just copy chineese and korean missile....and these chineese and korean missile while testing has be failure also..so now we must know that pakistani missile test are also prone to failure....
and all these paksitani missiles are from these countries,not home-made,:
pakistani missile tech source
Shaheen 2

Range:

2000km
Weight:

15,000kg
Re-entry vehicle Weight:

1,000kg
Warheads:

Nuclear, HE
Tech Source:
China

Shaheen 1

Range:

750km
Weight:

9,500kg
Warhead Weight:

850kg
Warheads:

Nuclear, HE
Tech Source:
China

Ghaznavi

Range:

290km
Weight:

5,256kg
Warheads:

Nuclear, HE, Cluster, Thermobaric, Radio Frequency
Tech Source:
China

Ghauri

Range:

1,500km
Weight:

15,852kg
Warhead Weight:

900kg
Warheads:

Nuclear, HE
Tech Source:
North Korea

ANd wen india has made ANTI BALLISTIC DEFENCE SHIELD....PAD(prithvi air defence) and AAD(advance air defence)....which is the 4th nation in the world to have made it after US,RUSSIA and ISREAL,then INDIA u pakistani and chinese say u are ahead of india in missiles:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

images

agni.jpg

ballistic-missile-trajectory.jpg

Agni-V IRBM

The canisterized intermediate range nuclear capable Agni-V missile is also referred to as Agni-III+

The Indian Government sanctioned Rs2,500 crore to develop the Agni V missile, with a range of 5,000km in 2008. The missile is expected to be ready for testing in the 2010-11 time frame.

At a Glance

Range 5,000 km
Stages Three
Warhead Weight 1.5 ton
Warhead Type Single, MIRV warheads under development.
Total Weight 51 ton
Dimensions 22m long, 2m diameter
Status Design completed. First Test - Early 2011

Introduction

The Indian Government sanctioned Rs2,500 crore to develop the Agni V missile, with a range of 5,000km in 2008. (The Agni V is also referred to as Agni III+).

The missile is being developed by adding an all composite third state to the two-stage, 3, 500km Agni III missile.

The missile will have 60% commonality of components with Agni III, including its ring laser gyroscope and accelerometer.

The gyroscope was developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), sister laboratory of ASL, and is part of DRDO's missile complex in Hyderabad.

The ring laser is also fitted on the Shourya tactical missile.

Navigation System

Agni-V uses the same navigation system as the one fitted on Agni-III.

It uses a ring laser gyroscope that was developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), sister laboratory of ASL, a part of DRDO's missile complex in Hyderabad.

The ring laser is also fitted on the Shourya tactical missile.

Canistered Missile

It will be canistered missile allowing for launch from multiple platforms.

Operational Status

The design of the missile has been completed. Subsystem testing and material cutting was in progress as on February 10, 2010.

The missile is expected to be ready for testing in the 2010-11 time frame.

Speaking to the press on February 10, scientific advisor to defence minister V.K. Saraswat said:

"Agni-V has crossed material cutting stage and subsystem testing is going on. Agni-V is derivative of Agni-III. Practically it is the same missile but it is five metres longer and one tonne heavier. Its navigation system is same.

"Sixty percent missile is available and we are just adding another stage. It will be a three-stage missile and it is the first time we will be building a three-stage missile."

Use of Composites

Besides the all composite third stage, the second stage of the missile will also use composites to save weight and allow for the addition of a third stage.

Talking to The Hindu in November, Avinash Chander, director of the Agni program and of the Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL) said the Agni V design has been completed and the first development flight test will be conducted in 2010.

MIRV Warheads

VK Saraswat, DRDO's Chief Controller of Missiles and Strategic Systems, told Business Standard in May 2008 that DRDO is working on a 5,000kme range Agni-5 missile, with multiple warheads (MIRVs) that can maneuver and send out decoys to confuse enemy anti-missile defenses.

In October 2008, ASL Director Avinash Chander told Business Standard:

“We have made major progress on the MIRVs in the last two years.”

MIRV technology is very similar to the multiple satellite launch technology that ISRO has mastered and repeatedly demonstrated using its PSLV launcher. However, warhead separation requires a higher degree of accuracy than satellite separation. MIRV is effective only when accuracy of the individual warheads is high, allowing relatively small warheads to be targeted at widely dispersed targets.

MIRVed missiles deployed on nuclear submarines represent a potent second strike capability in support of a no first use nuclear doctrine like the one embraced by India.

Canister Launch

The mobile missile will be the first Indian strategic missile capable of canister launch, allowing it to be deployed and launched from any part of the country. A canister launch capability is also compatible with reports that the missile will ultimately equip India's newly launched nuclear powered submarine - INS Arihant.

Placing the missile in a hermetically sealed canister facilitates long term storage. The missile canister is made of maraging steel allowing it to withstand the 300 to 400 t shock generated when the 50-ton missile.is ejected out.

All future missiles will be canister based ASL Director Avinash Chander told Business Standard in October 2009,

“The Agni-5 is specially tailored for road-mobility,” explains Avinash Chander, Director, ASL. “With the canister having been successfully developed, all India’s future land-based strategic missiles will be canisterised as well”.

Canister technology was initially developed for the naval variant of Brahmos missile. The technology was completely mastered during the development of the K-15 missiles that will initially equip INS Arihant.

Agni-V IRBM - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur

Isnt China already in the previous Agni's range?

Agni_missile_range.png

Yes, it is but Agni-V will be new in many ways.

1) It will be capable of carrying MIRVs though Agni-III also capable of this with modification.

2) It will be completely road mobile. New TEL for Agni-V, more robust than the one for Agni-III.

3) It will be canisterized missile.

4) New anti-ABM technologies.

All these can be done with Agni-II as well.

As we know Agni-III with 3500 km and 2500 kg payload can hit China's farthest point. Its good to see they are going for 5500 km ICBM but I don't really understand why we need such long range ballistic missile currently!

As for information from BR, DRDO is developing a ~1900 km hypersonic missile with HSTDV as a tech demo. We should concentrate on such projects rather than ICBM.

HSTDV.jpg

Holy fing hell do I have to explain myself to you too? I know most Indians don't want nuclear war but I was just responding to imbeciles like aj and Mogambo who seem to relish the death of millions of people and mutual destruction.

Please for the love of god, read the whole conversation.

No need to get personal and naming a member is also against the rules.

We know what the chineese are in reality. You are just posing sweet and buying time while ur encircling India and making military infrastructure in p.ok, occupied tibet and you will once again back stab us or use your proxy to harm us and affect our progress.

The Indians who are going upbeat about ur sweet talk are not aware that ur leaders have said keep low profile and buy ur time policy that's the reason u directly don't confront.

But we should be on our guard every time and prepare for the worst.

Back
Top Bottom