What's new

You Think the Air in Beijing Is Bad? Try New Delhi

The Indian bragging culture is only exceeded by their ineptness and corruption

You do realize that Delhi has the worlds largest fleet of natural gas run public buses right? And Auto rikshaws and taxis. All this happened with government orders.

@WebMaster, this is kind of flame baiting and trolling I was talking about. Please look into it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I should be aware of their talking, bragging, non-action culture!

The Indian bragging culture is only exceeded by their ineptness and corruption

Our people like to protest for anything....If pollution was that big problem in Delhi or Mumbai then people would have protested...but I have never felt need to wear mask in Mumbai nor have I seen people wearing masks in New Delhi....Pollution is indeed huge in industrial areas..

Chanda fourth most polluted city in India - Times Of India

I don't think pollution is that big of a problem in Delhi...It is one of the greenest cities....

And rape is not a big problem in New Delhi. It just happen to get attention because its India's capital. But maybe you are right that its one of the greenest cities. But that just shows how polluted the rest of India is.

@conworldus the truth is majority of humans are born through india.... They have indian genes.... Do not teach your mother india about history.... Without mother india there would had been no numbers and language.... May be you still would had playing with bow and arraw and stones.... My last reply....
The Hindu : Sci-Tech / Science : More than 50% of South Asians have Indian ancestry: study - The Hindu: Mobile Edition
Astrogaurav: SUN IN VEDIC ASTROLOGY

What a big load of baloney. Modern human came from Africa. Indians were from descendents from Africa as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
delhi-pollution.jpg

New Delhi skyline-

Fair enough all nations had to bear the pain and London had been a smog metro for centruries.

What's case in point is Beijing resides in cool temperature zone where smog and water particles freezed in frigid air, exactly like London and New York.

I wonder how New Dehli is fitted in that formulary.

You Think the Air in Beijing Is Bad? Try New Delhi

By HEATHER TIMMONS

NEW DELHI—Beijing’s air pollution has reached such toxic levels recently that the Chinese government is finally acknowledging the problem – and acting on it.

But in New Delhi on Thursday, air pollution levels far exceeded those in Beijing, only without any government acknowledgement or action. :bounce: It is not the first time pollution in India’s capital has outpaced that in China.

The level of tiny particulates known as PM 2.5, which lodge deep in the lungs and can enter the bloodstream, was over 400 micrograms per cubic meter in various neighborhoods in and around Delhi Thursday, according to a real-time air quality monitor. That compared to Beijing’s most-recent air quality reading of 172 micrograms per cubic meter. (The “Air Quality online” link to the left of the Delhi website gives you real-time monitoring of Delhi’s pollution levels.)

At the University of Delhi’s northern campus at 12:30 p.m., the reading for PM 2.5 was 402 micrograms per cubic meter; in the eastern suburb of Noida it was 411; at the Indira Gandhi International airport it was 421.

Beijing’s government on Wednesday introduced emergency measures to curb pollution, ordering cars off the roads and factories to shut down, and warning citizens to avoid activity outside. The measures came after two straight days that the readings were higher than 300, a level the United States Environmental Protection Agency considers “hazardous.”

The forecast for Delhi’s air pollution Friday is “critical,” according to the Ministry of Earth Sciences. So far, though, Delhi’s government has made no announcements about the city’s air pollution, nor introduced any emergency measures, a spokesman for chief minister’s office said. Sheila Dikshit, the chief minister, said in an interview in December that the city could not keep up with the factors that cause air pollution.

Beijing’s air quality is so bad that living there is like living in a smoking lounge, Bloomberg reported Wednesday. The levels of air pollution Bloomberg cited as Beijing’s average were half that of New Delhi early Thursday afternoon.

Air Pollution in New Delhi Was Much Worse Than Beijing Thursday, But Indian Government Is Not Acting - NYTimes.com

----------

One conclusion: Indian democratic government doesn't care about its constituents, and is far worse than Chinese authoritarian government!

LOL! Some Indian friends were laughing at Chinese polluted air as "gas chamber". True. But your gas chamber is twice more toxic than China's, maybe due to your democracy nature. :tdown:

Democracy kills you. Really.
That was for one day,kid.
I like how Chinese use democracy everywhere,maybe you envy it so much,you don't know what it means and where to use.
Just adding democracy everywhere doesn't make sense.Some people tired of communism won't understand

Air quality in New Delhi is called 'very poor'

NEW DELHI: A government scientist said on Friday that air quality in New Delhi has worsened this week and is now "very poor," although it should not be compared to China's capital which has been reeling recently under massive pollution.

Gurfan Baig of the state-run Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology said that levels of tiny particulate known as PM 2.5, which can penetrate deep into the lungs, had reached 250 micrograms per cubic meter in various neighborhoods in and around the Indian capital.

The amount is more than 10 times higher than World Health Organization safety levels over a 24-hour period. Although the level is threatening to the health, it is still much better than Beijing recently, where levels of PM 2.5 have been hovering around 500.

Fine particles come from combustion made by motor vehicles, power plants, wood fires and some industrial processes.

"The air quality in the Indian capital is fluctuating between poor and very poor, and in the Chinese capital between very poor and critical," Baig told The Associated Press.

D.S. Saha, a senior official at the government-run Central Pollution control Board, said Beijing with a lot of industries and many large factories should not be compared with a city such as New Delhi which has gardens and few major factories.

However, he expressed serious concern at the recent increase in the number of cars and use of cheap diesel by vehicles.

That concern is increasingly being shared by the Indian public.

"People also face health problems ... stress and strain," said Prem Shankar Pandey, an insurance agent. "They should use their vehicles only when absolutely necessary. Using a two wheeler vehicle or the metro is a better option."

Air quality in New Delhi is called 'very poor' - The Times of India

it seems the pollution is bad in Delhi......but not in the league of Beijing!!

Beijing is 1000 times more polluted then Delhi.... In Beijing and many other people cannot walk without the Masks...and the air pollution is not limited to Beijing.. the smog is a nation wide in China...the SMOG has affected 800 Million people in China..!!

In India there is some air pollution in Delhi and Mumbai but it is still much lesser then in CHina.. But apart from the Metros much of the Indian towns have zero to very little air pollution...

The hurt Chinese are now trying to satisfy or rather fool their local Chinese with false propaganda.

Lowest point in my life.... i might be removed from my team for posting such a sad truth.... But sometime its important to bring out real picture of a country that claims to be made in heaven (in their dreams).... i have millions of evidence about china but i dont want to post them and get kicked out of good karma circle.... Please forgive me for posting such a sad truth.... i promise i wont post again anything that will hurt people....
Migrant Workers Children Spend Childhood Scavenging Landfill – chinaSMACK
The dirty truth about China's incinerators | Environment | guardian.co.uk
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/China-cattle1.jpg
http://www.circleofblue.org/waternews/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/AJaffe_China_pollution_IMG_5581.jpg

Lowest point in my life.... i might be removed from my team for posting such a sad truth.... But sometime its important to bring out real picture of a country that claims to be made in heaven (in their dreams).... i have millions of evidence about china but i dont want to post them and get kicked out of good karma circle.... Please forgive me for posting such a sad truth.... i promise i wont post again anything that will hurt people....
http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/pictures/migrant-workers-children-spend-childhood-scavenging-landfill.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/jul/04/dirty-truth-chinas-incinerators
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/China-cattle1.jpg
http://www.circleofblue.org/waternews/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/AJaffe_China_pollution_IMG_5581.jpg

Beijing is 1000 times more polluted then Delhi.... In Beijing and many other people cannot walk without the Masks...and the air pollution is not limited to Beijing.. the smog is a nation wide in China...the SMOG has affected 800 Million people in China..!!

In India there is some air pollution in Delhi and Mumbai but it is still much lesser then in CHina.. But apart from the Metros much of the Indian towns have zero to very little air pollution...

The hurt Chinese are now trying to satisfy or rather fool their local Chinese with false propaganda.

Beijing's air is bad but not that bad,today Beijing has a wonderful day,bad days usually only happens in winter and early spring.the rest of the year is mostly very nice.

China bashing sometimes is good,it can help to get the world attention thus get the government attention.Beijing's pollution is bad,especially this year.we surely need to do sth about it.by the way we get a gorgeous day today in Beijing,so clean,so fresh,really hope it can stay this way.

In Delhi all type of transport are CNG based which was strictly followed in 1990s. While railway lines are electrified. Delhi face very thick fog during winter disrupting Railways and airlines.

What type of standard do you follow in Beijing.

smog means fog+smoke,Beijing's is smog,but it has to have fog first.today is a sunny day,no fog,Beijing's weather today is gorgeous.

new delhi should have better air than beijing,for several reasons:
1. cars, new delhi has only about 1/3 cars of beijing.
2. industry.Delhi's manufacturing industry is very small compared to beijing.
3. climate.three months central heating every year to resist cold weather in beijing. while delhi doesn't need it.
4. climate, too.delhi's warm and humid climate are much more conducive to the plant growth than that of beijing.

so it would be incredible if delhi's air is more polluted ,
and it would be incredible too if indians feel proud of that delhi has better air than beijing .

Back
Top Bottom