What's new

Yasin Malik threatens fast unto death against land transfer in occupied Kashmir

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, June 23 (APP): Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), Mohammad Yasin Malik has warned that he will fast unto death if the decision of transfer of 800 Kanals of forest land to New Delhi based Shri Amarnath Shrine Board is not immediately revoked. Addressing a press conference in Srinagar after his return from Pakistan, he said that India was working on a plan to change the demography of occupied Kashmir by settling non-Kashmiris in the territory, adding, “Kashmiris will not allow anybody to occupy their land and will fight it tooth and nail,” KMS reported. The JKLF Chairman maintained that Kashmiris had always welcomed their guests, be it tourists or Amarnath pilgrims. However, he regretted that India was trying to create an atmosphere of communal discord by transferring Kashmiris' land to the Hindu board. (Posted @ 21:14 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; June 23, 2008

Its a measly bit of land to build temporary shelters for visiting pilgrims.

Talk about making mountains out of molehills....the guy wants some excuse or the other to get people riled up against the state government.

Its a measly bit of land to build temporary shelters for visiting pilgrims.

Talk about making mountains out of molehills....the guy wants some excuse or the other to get people riled up against the state government.

When India occupied Kashmir unlawfully is it not possible for her to award the land to Hindus there illegally.

And above all its a New tactic by Indian Government to transform Muslim majority In Indian Held Kashmir into Minority by shifting Hindu Population from parts of India to Held Kashmir

When India occupied Kashmir unlawfully is it not possible for her to award the land to Hindus there illegally.

The legality of the matter is being decided by the High Court of J&K.
There is no need to unnecessarily create chaos by instigating people over a minor issue.

And above all its a New tactic by Indian Government to transform Muslim majority In Indian Held Kashmir into Minority by shifting Hindu Population from parts of India to Held Kashmir

I suppose you have irrefutable proof of this.
If India wanted to change the demographics of kashmir, it would have been done long time back by amending the autonomy laws.

Like Pakistan has done, for example, by allowing outsiders to buy land and property in the supposedly "Azad" part of kashmir.

The legality of the matter is being decided by the High Court of J&K.
There is no need to unnecessarily create chaos by instigating people over a minor issue.

I suppose you have irrefutable proof of this.
If India wanted to change the demographics of kashmir, it would have been done long time back by amending the autonomy laws.

Like Pakistan has done, for example, by allowing outsiders to buy land and property in the supposedly "Azad" part of kashmir.

:lol:

the high court of Indian Held J&K and does it is legal in itself when the entire Kashmir is under the boots of Indian Army.

Still No Indian other than Kashmiri can buy land in Kashmir, If India wanted to change the Demography it could have changed it long back when Kashmiri pandits had to leave their belonging and vacate the valley. Yasin mallick and so called hurrait were silent on this issue.

:lol:

the high court of Indian Held J&K and does it is legal in itself when the entire Kashmir is under the boots of Indian Army.

The High Court of J&K's decision will be dictated by the laws of the state of J&K and the Constitution of India, not by the number of troops in Kashmir.

The laws of the state of J&K are made by the Legislature of J&K, which comprises of elected representatives from that very state.

As I pointed out earlier, Pakistan has been allowing non-Kashmiris to purchase land in "Azad" Kashmir for a long time now. Hence pro-Pakistan leaders as well as Pakistan itself has no moral standing on the issue.

The law of J&K is by the Ranbir Code!

It astounds me that you claim to be a journalist and you are so ill read and so ill informed and know nothing of what you write!

How can you claim to be a journalist when yoiu have no basic knowledge on what you comment? You are thus a mere rabble rouser and no more! It is a sad commentary on Paksitan journalism!

At this rate. I would be Numero One in Pakistan!

Don't tell me that it is so poor with the facts!

That is possibly why you still have a job!

As I pointed out earlier, Pakistan has been allowing non-Kashmiris to purchase land in "Azad" Kashmir for a long time now. Hence pro-Pakistan leaders as well as Pakistan itself has no moral standing on the issue.

No you are wrong. Citizens of Pakistan are not allowed to purchase land in Kashmir. I dont know where you got this from but this thing I know for a fact. Kashmiris can buy land in Pakistan but Pakistanis cant buy land in Kashmir. This I am 100% sure, unless the law has recently been changed.

No you are wrong. Citizens of Pakistan are not allowed to purchase land in Kashmir. I dont know where you got this from but this thing I know for a fact. Kashmiris can buy land in Pakistan but Pakistanis cant buy land in Kashmir. This I am 100% sure, unless the law has recently been changed.

Read this:

K2, Gilgit-Baltistan's only weekly carries the following on it's mast-head: 'Sarzamin-Be-Ain Ki Awaz' (the voice of the constitution-less). One of the biggest obstacles faced by the people of Gilgit-Baltistan has been the systematic campaign of terror and discrimination waged against the region's Shia population. Shias who comprised over 75% of the original inhabitants of the land now risk being outnumbered due to the continuous settling of non-locals (mostly Punjabis) in the region, who now make up almost 40% of the territories' population.

Journalist Sriram Chaulia has noted how expropriation of land and residence rights of natives in *** stands in sharp contrast to strictly adhered provisions in the Indian constitution disallowing non-Kashmiris to acquire property in J&K. Far from a ‘special status’ that India’s Article 370 grants to J&K, Northern Areas of *** lack any constitutional status whatsoever.

According to an Aug 3, 2001 report in the Times of India, Abdul Hamid Khan, chairman of BNF, called upon the United Nations and the International Court of Justice to book Musharraf and other Pakistani generals as "war criminals for the genocide" carried out by them in the "Northern Areas". In his letter to the UN (a copy of which was also sent to Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee), the BNF leader noted that the Pakistani government and particularly its military were settling their own armed citizens and Afghan and other terrorists besides increasing the presence of "their notorious intelligence agencies (i.e. the ISI) in Balwaristan to turn the indigenous people into a minority. Comparing Gen. Musharraf to former military ruler Gen. Zia who had played a heinous role in 1988 and 1999 by launching a "genocide campaign" against the innocent indigenous people, he further asserted that more than 900 youth had been killed, 1,000 had became disabled or wounded, while 40 were still missing and several civilian buildings were destroyed due to Pakistan sponsored terrorist activities. Abdul Hamid Khan also stated that political and human rights activities were completely denied by Pakistan as a result of which more than 100 politically active people were facing sedition cases and "no impartial judicial system existed in Balawaristan."

The situation in "Azad Kashmir" is only marginally better. Even as Pakistan's military readers keep up the sham of championing "self determination" for Indian Kashmir, for "Azad Kashmir" i.e. ***, self determination, (as inscribed in the constitution), relates only to the unconditional accession of Jammu and Kashmir to Pakistan. Part 2 of Section 7 of the *** Constitution states: "No person or political party in Azad Jammu and Kashmir shall be permitted to propagate against, or take part in activities prejudicial or detrimental to, the ideology of the State’s accession to Pakistan".

http://india_resource.tripod.com/***.html

Infact, the non-settlement of outsiders laws are strictly followed in India not only for Kashmir, but also for Himachal Pradesh and Assam.

And This:

Successive Pakistani regimes, activists in the Northern Areas have long complained, have also been engaged in engineering large-scale demographic changes in the region. In violation of both United Nations resolutions and Jammu and Kashmir's pre-independence state-subject laws, the large-scale settlement of ethnic Punjabis and Pashtoons has changed the pre-independence non-local to local population ratio from 1:4 to worse than 3:4

Violence has often broken out as a consequence of the large-scale settlement of Sunnis, often supported by Islamist neoconservative groups, and the region's Shia natives. In 1988, Pakistan's President, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, then a Brigadier, helped put down a violent insurrection that claimed hundreds of lives. Again, in 2003, violence erupted after Shia groups complained about school textbooks propagating neoconservative Sunni Islam.

The Hindu : Front Page : Pakistan asserts new claims on Kashmir's Northern Areas

I really enjoy Jana's posts.

They are so unique and so totally fabricated that one does not have to read fiction to while away a balmy afternoon!

Does lower the credibility of journalism in Pakistan.

I just can't believe that a journalist can, without checking the facts. purvey fiction as facts!

Anyone and more so journalists know that non Kashmiris cannot settle in J&K.

Article 370 specifies that except for Defence, Foreign Affairs and Communications,(matters specified in the instrument of accession) the Indian Parliament needed the State Government's concurrence for applying all other laws. Thus the state's residents lived under a separate set of laws, including those related to citizenship, ownership of property, and fundamental rights.

I wonder if Jana knows that the Amarnath shrine is guarded by the Gujjars of Islamic faith!

Or that there are Hindus and Christians also of Kashmiri origin!

ISLAMABAD, June 23 (APP): Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), Mohammad Yasin Malik has warned that he will fast unto death if the decision of transfer of 800 Kanals of forest land to New Delhi based Shri Amarnath Shrine Board is not immediately revoked. Addressing a press conference in Srinagar after his return from Pakistan, he said that India was working on a plan to change the demography of occupied Kashmir by settling non-Kashmiris in the territory, adding, “Kashmiris will not allow anybody to occupy their land and will fight it tooth and nail,” KMS reported. The JKLF Chairman maintained that Kashmiris had always welcomed their guests, be it tourists or Amarnath pilgrims. However, he regretted that India was trying to create an atmosphere of communal discord by transferring Kashmiris' land to the Hindu board. (Posted @ 21:14 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; June 23, 2008

Hi Guys and Lady Jana,

I have a NEUTRAL solution.

India should LEASE the land to the religious shrine body under the same terms of the lease agreement as Pakistan has done to China of their part of Kashmir. This means

1. Jana and Co can't object since they support the lease to China of Kashmiri Land.

2. Mr Malik cannot object as he will have to do a similiar hunger strike in AJK and knowing Chinese stubborness to vacate anything he will probably starve to death.

3. Pakistan cannot object as they themselves have leased out land so whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Every One can live Happily ever After until Kashmir issue is resolved.

Regards

:tup:

:coffee:

Always i damn care what BS anyone post above your post against me the only thing that matters is the following. You have right to support your country but we also have right to support innocent Kashmiris against brutalities of Indian Army soldiers.

Tension grips Srinagar after youth's death over land transfer

24 Jun 2008, 1305 hrs IST,PTI

People protest while carrying coffin containing body of Feroz Rah, who died in clashes with police over the land transfer issue. (Reuters Photo)
More Pictures
SRINAGAR: Tension prevailed in parts of the city on after one of the three persons injured in the police firing on Monday evening succumbed to his injuries in the wee hours. ( Watch )

Feroz Ahmed Rah, a resident of Hakabazar-Hawal, died at Soura Medical Institute in the wee hours on Tuesday, official sources said.

Rah was one of the three youths who received gunshot wounds when police opened fire on stone-pelting youths after sporadic violence broke out during protests over the controversial allotment of forest land to the Amarnath shrine board (SASB).

Men, women and children took to streets and raised slogans against the government and the police holding them responsible for the murder of the youth.

Agitated people also pelted stones on the policemen at Nowhatta, adjacent to the historic Jamia Masjid that witnessed clashes between the police and the protesters on Monday.

Shops and business establishments remained closed in the entire city as a mark of protest against the police action.

Traffic remained suspended in downtown city, however, in uptown city skeleton traffic was plying, sources said.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people joined the funeral of Rah at the Martyrs Graveyard at Idgah.

Tension grips Srinagar after youth's death over land transfer-India-The Times of India

^^^Jana dear, did you read the article? It says the POLICE opened fire.

Incidentally, the POLICE is made up of local Kashmiris, and is managed by the State Government.

So you might as well blame the kashmiris themselves for the deaths.

Back
Top Bottom