What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

I think China should build transport plane that can carry at least two companies of fully equipped special forces that are equipped with IFVs, tanks, helicopters, artillery pieces, and anti aircraft missiles.

China has many islands in far away places to defend.

while china busy building that. uncle is working on these..

i hope china have something similar on paper. need to stop playing catch up :lol:
speedagilefront.jpg

8c5b1f0c9f9a497a8144803.jpg

looks like stealthy cargo plane

what is it?

I just want to know, nothing to provoke. :coffee:
Now Y-20 prototype using 4x D-30 , it will change domestic jet engines(WS-20) later.
Refer to 2011-2012 year old news i read, i think 1st groups of Y-20 still install D-30 Coz 2011 year China ordered 100+ D-30 jet engines from Russia, some for PLAAF H-6 and IL-76 and some for new domestic planes like Y-20.

Anyway China had prepared 2 steps for military jet engines: 1st imported from Russia, 2nd developing domestic jet engines.And it's good news that new PLAAF J-11B fighters using domestic 2x WS-10A jet engines(pics in Leio's PLA Military Photo thread),PLAAF new J-11B and J-10B all using domestic WS-10A, old J-11 and J-10A still using Russia AL-31F jet engines until they retire.
(Difference in AL-31F and WS-10A's structure shape, can't replace inside the same aircraft-body.)

good lord, I'm late! :woot:

y-20!!! :tup:

...?

or maybe check the reality that tens of thousands of vietnamese illegally cross the Chinese border so they can work there to earn their minimum wage?

man, you know that i agree with most of your posts, but this is uncalled for...

some high res pics. you can see the ramp door..

stunning details !:tup:

This just makes me proud! This is a step that projects China into the elite class of aviation.

engine, engine, engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not surprised, what I am waiting to see is China's Stealth Bomber.

normally stealth bomber is under the responsibilities of XAC or SAC?

Back
Top Bottom