What's new

World Air Forces - Bangladesh

Now what is the connection with the Jane's summary on the BAF?

Are you grooming your own ornamental hedge?

Check the links.

One is about China's growing influence in Sri Lanka, second is about a Bengali pilot in the PAF who aced during the Arab-Israeli wars. Third is about the suggestion of S-300VMs (which I am sure Russia wouldn't allow BD to acquire).

Actually, the summary by Jane's is accurate as far as the current BAF goes.

Check the links.

One is about China's growing influence in Sri Lanka, second is about a Bengali pilot in the PAF who aced during the Arab-Israeli wars. Third is about the suggestion of S-300VMs (which I am sure Russia wouldn't allow BD to acquire).

Actually, the summary by Jane's is accurate as far as the current BAF goes.

However, what is the connection with the Jane's summary?

I could append a link that indicates that Russia has offered India 300 helicopters during the air show, but would it have made the connection?

What has China Sri Lanka connection to do with the Jane summary or the history of Arab Israeli War or S 300 speculation? I have not understood.

It is better than Sukhois in terms of price and maintenance.And probably suits the role of interceptors in BAF.

Well you could also consider going for the Gripen NG of Sweden. That's the most advanced, neutral Western jet you could lay your hands onto. 2-3 squadrons of Gripen NGs should do fine for Bangladesh's requirements. Although I don't see how would Burmese attack you and least of all any attack from our side.

But from defense standpoint, Bangladesh should consider Gripens.

Nobody will disagree with you about the need to purchase fighter jets. But, I would suggest a little patience. Think of our geography, it is so small and it has no depth. A Su-30 still in Indian sky in Tezpur can easily target our vital institutions from there. If India builds an airbase in Tripura, the Sukhois there can target Dhaka, Chittagong, Comilla and Sylhet.

Our ENTIRE eastern air command is busy looking towards China and you're talking about considering a strike into Bangladesh. We don't need to. Why do we have to in first place? The Eastern command targets any aggression or threat from PLAAF; it has absolutely nothing to do against Bangladesh as your country is not in our list of threats or enemies.

However we try we cannot match the Indian air superiority in terms of number of jets, at least not yet. So, I think, the immediate best defence should be based on SAM missiles alongwith 3D radar systems. In times of real war, India will destroy quite a number of these SAMs, no doubt. But, there still will remain many more to challenge them in the sky.

You should be worried about the Burmese more than us. They got a junta in power and a defense budget equal to Pakistan's. Not to mention brand new MiG-29s from Russia about a couple of years ago. They are more likely to be your rivals in the region. We have our hands full already to needlessly confront someone who's not an enemy.

A BAF Mi-17 helicopter atop the roof of a primary school for young children, probably after a natural disaster, photo shot in Bangladesh :

167115_173840682660862_130497830328481_401827_121318_n.jpg

Another BAF Mi-17 copter in U.N. mission duty carrying a lighter weight copter of another foreign air force, this one shot in Congo :

261586_213143282063935_130497830328481_644056_3192698_n.jpg

Well you could also consider going for the Gripen NG of Sweden. That's the most advanced, neutral Western jet you could lay your hands onto. 2-3 squadrons of Gripen NGs should do fine for Bangladesh's requirements. Although I don't see how would Burmese attack you and least of all any attack from our side.

But from defense standpoint, Bangladesh should consider Gripens.

They are too expensive for Bangladesh at the moment.

Although, Euro jets are preferable from a neutral standpoint, along with quality and ease of maintenance.

American birds have too many strings attached. Russian ones are very maintenance intensive as seen with the MiGs.

At the moment, the FC-1 seems like a realistic option.

2 squadrons of grippen will be enough to twart any uppity from burma side. Even if they get advanced goods they won't have training.

Back
Top Bottom