What's new

Will declare Jihad to save Pakistan: Imran Khan

You havent described how he is planning to do the Jihad, apart from what he did/doing all these years.

Is it this way, then he has to fight elections, win and start ruling... So is it preemptive words?

Dude, let me begin by saying - You're looking far...far too much into this thing ! No one & I say no one in Pakistan is even talking about this & yet when the same word is uttered by the TTP we nearly sh*t ourselves. See the difference ?

Are they 'preemptive words' ? I dunno what that means but its political rhetoric but if you guys are thinking that this points towards a theocracy in the making, an insurgency being started against the Government, dress codes & beard lengths for the lot of us or even Mullahs sitting in the Parliament exclusively so...then you would forgive me if I commit the insolence of drawing a chuckle !

Dude, let me begin by saying - You're looking far...far too much into this thing ! No one & I say no one in Pakistan is even talking about this & yet when the same word is uttered by the TTP we nearly sh*t ourselves. See the difference ?

Are they 'preemptive words' ? I dunno what that means but its political rhetoric but if you guys are thinking that this points towards a theocracy in the making, an insurgency being started against the Government, dress codes & beard lengths for the lot of us or even Mullahs sitting in the Parliament exclusively so...then you would forgive me if I commit the insolence of drawing a chuckle !

Pakistan was more liberal, forward looking, economically sound, and progressive before Zia came to power.

There must have been many (if not more) chuckles at the "unthinkable" then as well

Pakistan was more liberal, forward looking, economically sound, and progressive before Zia came to power.

There must have been many (if not more) chuckles at the "unthinkable" then as well

Zia did not come through the people's mandate ! Khan will.

Sir, if you think its Zia, you might as well declare "I know zilch about Pakistan".

Zia is a hated man in Pakistan - by most.

Sir, if you think its Zia, you might as well declare "I know zilch about Pakistan".

I knew this was coming, and was going to ammend my post.

Suppose in today's Pakistan, with today's people, if Zia were alive, and Pakistan had never gone through his regime before (assume the crap he foisted upon you was by someone else), who would get the mandate?

Zia or Imran?

Zia did not come through the people's mandate ! Khan will.
yes he will with the help, of talibans cause he is the modest supporter of talibans, isnt he?

ZIA-UL-HAQ!
imran is just a new kid in town!

just because he isnt alive now, but when he was alive , no one dares to even think!

Face it guys, the time is ripe for an old fashioned military coup in Pakistan.

Two things prevent it.

1) You current military leader does not seem interested.

2) You have a shiny sparkling civvy messiah to try out.

WE DECLARE WAR ON THOSE WHO SUPPORTS TALIBANS ANY WAY!

Does it matter?

Today if Zia were alive, with the current people, who would have gotten the mandate?

Zia or Imran?

Of course it matters...! Man may hold whatever opinion on an individual level but on a collective level when it comes to making decisions about 'right & wrong', 'acceptable & unacceptable', 'reasonable & unreasonable', man hasn't come up with a better thing than the 'democratic process' i.e let the will of the most minds prevail. Which is not to say that it ain't dysfunctional for it is...it has some glaring deficiencies that make you wanna pull your hair out ! But then again if its not 'democracy' than whats the alternative ? God himself descends from heaven to mediate between us or One man takes over & we are subservient to his will ? So however dysfunctional it maybe it is without a parallel. The good thing about democracy is also the assumption that collective wisdom will prevail i.e people cannot agree in error ! This, though untrue at times, has more often than not stood the test of time. Another thing good about democracy is that you have to pander to a plethora of groups just to get into power & so your final decisions always carry a piece of their influence...their voice in other words. These two things are what ensure that a society cannot be radicalized for no one would agree to shoot themselves in the foot nor would any politician win a seat without accommodating the demands of a wide-variety of people.

So you see whereas Zia was able to enforce his puritanical version of Islam on the lot of us, had he come through the democratic process he would have had to deal with the Secularists, the Shias, the Sufis, the Sunnis of other sects, the Non-Muslims, the Marxists, the ethno-nationalists, the non-interventionists & a whole bunch of other people that had we the time we could harken back to collecting information from his era. An example could be - Hudood Ordiance ! Almost every Secular, Shia, Sufi & quite a few Sunnis oppose it. The marginalization of our provincial languages - almost every ethno nationalist & many many Islamist would oppose it ! The Afghan Jihad - The Marxists, the Secularist (the Non-Marxist kind), the Non-Interventionists, the Ethno-Nationalist & quite a few Islamist (who had dealings with the Afghans before) opposed it !

Additionally is 'democracy' not the 'will of the people' ? If that is true than let them elect whosoever they will - Whether it be a Zia ul Haq or a Mostapha Kemal Ataturk ! If they themselves have decided, at a collective level, that they'd want Shariah to be institutionalized than that decision, as per the very rationale behind the 'democratic process' is absolutely correct. Similarly if they have decided that we're going to do away with 'religion in the public sphere' than that decision too is perfectly correct. We may disagree with it on a personal level but on a collective level the method we chose to make these very decisions has given its verdict - This is what the majority wants !

Okay Doc, I've got to go now !

P.S Koi practice wagheraa nahin karteii Clinic peh yaaa saraa timm PDF pe hii beitheii rehteii ho ? :blink:

Man Imran should not use such lines which includes he word jihad. Most people think jihad is some form of a armed struggle and they so that.

Armstrong, I appreciate the treatise on Democracy.

I am citizen of the world's largest democracy, and have voted multiple times.

I do not wonder IF I will get another chance, simply exactly WHEN.

That said you did not answer the REAL question Armstrong.

Today's Pakistan.

Today's Pakstanis.

Elections.

Zia or Imran?

Your take as a young Pakistani.

Armstrong, I appreciate the treatise on Democracy.

I am citizen of the world's largest democracy, and have voted multiple times.

I do not wonder IF I will get another chance, simply exactly WHEN.

That said you did not answer the REAL question Armstrong.

Today's Pakistan.

Today's Pakstanis.

Elections.

Zia or Imran?

Your take as a young Pakistani.

Imran all the way ! Zia is almost ubiquitously disliked in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom