What's new

Why's IAF unhappy about Tejas' Thrust to Weight while ok with Mirage-2000s?

So you mean to say if PAF A-5 or F-7 or even JF-17 reaches kolkata or Ido-Burman Border it will become F-22?

:lol:......

Seriously, you should be proud. It is a good stepping stone for future Indian platforms.

yes bro. Thats the only thing we are proud of. Except for engines India is now capable of designing all major components. Airframes, landing gear, composites, fly by wire, HUD, IFOF and almost all major avionics. Aesa Radar is under advanced development. We have bridged the gap of 2nd to 4.5 th gen. Now amca and mk2 will be the real Indian fighters.

So you mean to say if PAF A-5 or F-7 or even JF-17 reaches kolkata or Ido-Burman Border it will become F-22?

No i wanted to show that LCA tejas is equally important in any war scenario if in nos., as also said by joe sir earlier. it can be a good low cost ac which will need little maintenance than other ac such as Rafale or a sukhoi.

To be honest, i really curious to know how MK2 will look like?

Tejas took too long to develop,and now that it has finally matured,IAF has better options to go for.

No the Problem is that the Mig21 Fighter which the Tejas was supposed to replace is being replaced by another fighter , The Su30MKI , infact , by the time tejas Actually enters service , Mig21 would have fallen to 80
With Rafale Replacing the 5 sqds of Mig27 and 2 SQDs of Jaguars , their is no real need for Tejas EXCEPT increasing the numbers at a cheaper cost
considering the fact that the remaining 4 Jaguar Sqds and 3 Mig29smt Sqds would be replaced by FGFA

can't agree with u more sir, as if u have said that i just wanted to say. As in my earlier post i said that IN trust indigenous tech. more than any of the three force, thus i will not be surprised if the ratio of tejas to that of total ac in IN will be more than the IAF, IAF for some unknown reason is not giving the importance that tejas should have got, instead IN took the N-LCA project with both hands & is now banking on it for it's future air assets, if the NLCA project doesn't get any delays or is not hit by any tech. problem than i have no doubt that IN will at least go for 60-80 of these birds, this will be a good no. considering that IN plans to have nearly 200 fighter jets in a decade or so for it's air arm. IAF on the other hand will hardly go for 150 jets (only if mk2 turns out as expected) & may go for more rafales, sukhois or fgfa instead. I think IAF will now bank on AMCA & will see tejas just as a experimental project.

Actually u are a bit wrong in this regard,
While Indian Navy does plan to have a fleet of 150 fighters , and 3 ACs by 2025 , Tejas's position in that list is still doubtful , From what I know , IN has ordered 9 NLCA(6 twin seater,3 single seat) with option to purchase another 37(33 Single , 4 Twin) of them if they are satisfied with its performance .
Incase the Navy is not satisfied , then we could see follow on order for 30-40 Mig29K or even 30 F35B

Also Tejas will be confined to Vikrant only , with Vikramaditya operating Mig29K and IAC2 likely to have either Rafale M or F35C

Actually u are a bit wrong in this regard,
While Indian Navy does plan to have a fleet of 150 fighters , and 3 ACs by 2025 , Tejas's position in that list is still doubtful , From what I know , IN has ordered 9 NLCA(6 twin seater,3 single seat) with option to purchase another 37(33 Single , 4 Twin) of them if they are satisfied with its performance .
Incase the Navy is not satisfied , then we could see follow on order for 30-40 Mig29K or even 30 F35B

Also Tejas will be confined to Vikrant only , with Vikramaditya operating Mig29K and IAC2 likely to have either Rafale M or F35C

mate, i think the IN has plans to field close to 200 fighter jets in it's air arm in 10-15 years time. The nos. will add like this - 45 mig 29k are already ordered + there was a thread earlier about a news that said IN will order 45 more mig-29ks, so this add upto 90 migs, as for NLCA is concerned navy has already shown initial requirement of 50+ ac : (Indian Navy fastens its seatbelt for Light Combat Aircraft Tejas - Bangalore - DNA), Obviously if the IN get satisfied with NLCA more orders are guaranteed as Navy gets indigenous, cheap & a good fighter, apart from this IN is also looking for it's own MMRCA ac (Livefist: MAG REPORT: The MMRCA And The Indian Navy) & they are just waiting for Rafale to be inducted by IAF & want to see it's performance, i m pretty sure IN will go for Rafale-Ms as they give them a great 4.5 gen ac with type commonality with IAF, though we can go for F-35s but i think IN will avoid going for American jets for obvious reasons, this make Rafale the next best choice, again these could be inducted in the IN in 50+ nos.

The reason i think that IN will go for so many fighter jets is because now it not only wants to operate fighter jets from it's ACs but it want to establish shore based facilities as well (though i had a discussion with sancho earlier on this one, where he disagreed with me), maybe on each coast i.e. east, west & south.

P.S. This is just my assumption, so don't take this post at face value.

F-35s for amphibious assault ships can be a great option, given that Navy is looking for 4 such platforms. 5-6 F-35s for each is going to pack some serious punch, top it up by Dhruv, LCH and other helicopters. :D

mate, i think the IN has plans to field close to 200 fighter jets in it's air arm in 10-15 years time. The nos. will add like this - 45 mig 29k are already ordered + there was a thread earlier about a news that said IN will order 45 more mig-29ks, so this add upto 90 migs, as for NLCA is concerned navy has already shown initial requirement of 50+ ac : (Indian Navy fastens its seatbelt for Light Combat Aircraft Tejas - Bangalore - DNA), Obviously if the IN get satisfied with NLCA more orders are guaranteed as Navy gets indigenous, cheap & a good fighter, apart from this IN is also looking for it's own MMRCA ac (Livefist: MAG REPORT: The MMRCA And The Indian Navy) & they are just waiting for Rafale to be inducted by IAF & want to see it's performance, i m pretty sure IN will go for Rafale-Ms as they give them a great 4.5 gen ac with type commonality with IAF, though we can go for F-35s but i think IN will avoid going for American jets for obvious reasons, this make Rafale the next best choice, again these could be inducted in the IN in 50+ nos.

The reason i think that IN will go for so many fighter jets is because now it not only wants to operate fighter jets from it's ACs but it want to establish shore based facilities as well (though i had a discussion with sancho earlier on this one, where he disagreed with me), maybe on each coast i.e. east, west & south.

P.S. This is just my assumption, so don't take this post at face value.

Actually the navy have also started to gear itself for 5th gen platforms...
They are eagerly awaiting their role to play in development in Naval PakFa T 50...

simple and plain, mig21+++ doesn't make any sense in today's sky!
same for the light weight concept.

Actually the navy have also started to gear itself for 5th gen platforms...
They are eagerly awaiting their role to play in development in Naval PakFa T 50...

not to forget a naval AMCA (though it will take a lot of time), also naval Pakfa will depend on the attitude of Russians, if they want it for themselves also or will they just make it for IN's need.

simple and plain, mig21+++ doesn't make any sense in today's sky!
same for the light weight concept.

mig 21 = 3rd gen ac
mig 21+ = mig 21 bisons i.e. 3.5 gen ac
now mig 21+++ = 4+ gen ac

so u are saying a 4+ gen ac is irrelevant today when most of the world AFs (IAF included) are operating a 3.5 gen ac??

Or is it that i couldn't get it :undecided:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom