What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:woot:
Ghauri missile beats prithvi .Seriously?
The Pakistani missile is named after the Afghan king Ghori who defeated Prithviraj Chauhan , the Raja of Ajmer in 1192.But India has named it's missiles after the basic elements i.e earth(prithvi),fire (Agni) etc..It's not named after any king .BTW prithvi raj defeated Ghori in the first battle of Tarain in 1191.
Every one has its own heros and we named the missiles after them. It does not mean we want war with any country . We want peace and these weapons are repellents .

Enough with the historical missile names, please. The guy who asked the original question knew the answer perfectly well from previous discussions, but just wanted to start a flame fest anyway. I don't know why Asim took the bait.

What is the meaning of these names?

Shaheen.

Ghauri.

Taimur.

Q.Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICB?

A. We have lot of "Ladies & Babies"(Chicks) in our nation and in government who ever trying to block ICBM test Thinking by saying "ECONOMY".

The problem is not getting an ICBM, it is in having the himmat to launch one.

Having an ICBM without the requisite bases in education, technology and economy is like renting a penthouse without having a job to pay for it. The view from the top may be nice, but it won't last long.

I don't think Pakistan either had ICBM or capability to make one. Every nation who has made one has to do enough testing and work for years.

I don't think Pakistan either had ICBM or capability to make one. Every nation who has made one has to do enough testing and work for years.

Dont know about capability to make one, but just to get an ICBM capability, all pkaistan needs is a nod from China and a loads of green and white paint.

Pakistan never initiated on Nuclear or Missile testing.
Mr Vajpayee was the best thing that happened to Pakistan, hadn't he gone ahead to test India's atomic weapons, Pakistan's nuclear Genie may have never come out, the world today may still have been pondering.
Now another Indian reckless leadership has thrown the gauntlet. !!!
We are grateful to Mr Vajpayee and we now say thank you to MMS & Co. ;)

If what happened by discovering the Genie is to go by then imagine what will happen if Pakistan was to test an ICBM. However, this discussion is irrelevant. As I mentioned, China has no benefit giving Pakistan anything more than the M11 so the situation of a test does not arise. Rest is all speculation whether you relate it to himmat or chahat.

Having an ICBM without the requisite bases in education, technology and economy is like renting a penthouse without having a job to pay for it. The view from the top may be nice, but it won't last long.

The same applies for having a Shaheen or Ghauri.

Excuse the Bravado, but it has been done before, it can be done again.

The same applies for having a Shaheen or Ghauri.

Excuse the Bravado, but it has been done before, it can be done again.

Of course.

But to go back to one of your previous comments which I have never agreed with, even the Shaheen or Ghauri is enough to obliterate Bagram to teach USA a lesson.

Same with an ICBM.

My point is that Pakistan has enough nuclear deterrent to protect it militarily. It does need to shore up its basics like health, education and economy now, and that is where the main focus should be as a matter of great urgency.

Are all your S2A missiles manpad launched?? No air defenses in NW and FATA regions ?? Wow... !!!

Afghanistan has not had an air force in over 3 decades, would you invest in air defences in such a place?
That's like Kazakhstan procuring anti-submarine mines......Facts for Noobs: Kazakhstan is land-locked.

I agree with your exposition so far.

However some questions do arise (atleast in my mind):
Were the Army not in those areas (NWA & FATA) by accident or design?
Were the Drone strikes carried out in those areas by coincidence or design?
Of course the next question is hypothetical; if the Army were in those areas, then would the Drones have come down? Or not even gone aloft?

1) The last Islamist MMA govt in KPK helped the Taliban as a policy, that's why they were able to so establish themselves.
2) The Drone strikes were carried out to fill in the void and not let those areas become safe havens for terrorists.
3) If the army had been in those areas, there would have been no need to send the drones in.

Of course.

But to go back to one of your previous comments which I have never agreed with, even the Shaheen or Ghauri is enough to obliterate Bagram to teach USA a lesson.

ICBMs are not there to teach people lessons, they are there for MAD. No smart *** should have egotistical idea to teach Pakistan a lesson and Pakistan just sits there seeing their face while we get blown to smithereens.

Afghanistan has not had an air force in over 3 decades, would you invest in air defences in such a place?
That's like Kazakhstan procuring anti-submarine mines......Facts for Noobs: Kazakhstan is land-locked.

And nothing's changed since May last year ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom