What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the US would attack Pakistan, sure they could win the war, but at what cost?
They would do more than shooting themselves in the foot. That is exactly why they will never go to war with Pakistan.

US sanctions would be more powerful than fighting the war because Pakistan is too much dependent on US from loans to weapons. Even the IMF, World Bank is controlled by US vote. (yesterday WB approved $1.8 Billion loan for Pakistan.)

and pakistan replying is what the world is waiting for...imagine a new set of sanctions...
Imo...the lack of trust between Us and pak has never been more...

That is why Pakistan needs to couch its efforts as a space program. Although you are right that the West will throw a tantrum anyway and probably impose sanctions.

I guess we chose a clever time to launch an ICBM...it i think had more to do with pakistan than china...

For the West, India is the favorite partner right now and can do no wrong. Understandably, India is taking full advantage of the situation.

America has threatened Pakistan with dire consequences once, I am aware that USA is a super power and we are no match to them militarily, but having ICBM's, that can reach USA will certainly consolidate our position vis-à-vis American's. However, taking such steps requires striking leadership, which apparently we don't have.

Having a handful of ICBMs will do squat. There is absolutely no way that Pakistan can pose any credible threat to the US mainland.

None.

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM ???

They are afraid of sanctions by the west , International Isolation etc etc

But the only excuse would be that the civilian leaders are weak !!

They would only start the propaganda war, if the circumstances were favorable. At this point and afterwards, the circumstances will never be favorable for them.

Thats how wars always start anyways..One side always thinks the circumstances are favourable. I dont have answer to your assertion since i dont know what its based on.

US forces killed 25 of your soldiers in cold blood........US forces penetrated your airspace all the way to Abbotabad, killed BinLaden and left........US regularly kills your civilians when and wherever it pleases ....

Pakistan has done nothing and can't do nothing about it....... What makes you think there is going to be a world war if US decided to up the ante and go for a clear strike on you???

Waiting for China to come to your rescue?:devil:

I think there is a red line and that line you dont cross and the US know it. Please dont be under any timid illusion - Pakistan has managed to exist with a country 6 times the size of itself and held its head up high. The fact that we have nukes will always keep the mad dogs at bay. Lately the USA are fully aware of venturing near the red line and the result of crossing it would be catastrophic - especially for Tel Aviv...

Great for their own people; a hell for other countries who might hold an iota of disagreement to it's policies, right?

Maybe ..Look in history has any superpower empire/nation tolerated disagreements ? If they feel threatned then they will get you. ...you can still see the same stuff happening. US is the most powerful !

I think there is a red line and that line you dont cross and the US know it. Please dont be under any timid illusion - Pakistan has managed to exist with a country 6 times the size of itself and held its head up high. The fact that we have nukes will always keep the mad dogs at bay. Lately the USA are fully aware of venturing near the red line and the result of crossing it would be catastrophic - especially for Tel Aviv...

I have never understood this view point. Why would US doing something endanger Tel Aviv ? Whats the point in brining them in cross hairs.

Its not me only - its world over.

Iranian and Korean - please think before posting. US is absolutely not threatned by these punny regimes. Their allies are coming in cross hairs which is prompting US to take some action..

And also the fact that assymetric warfare is always a concern.. However if there is outright war - then these nations will be oblirated .
Your subjective views here, have no bearing on reality. The whole world also saw shaky America when NK was about to test a satellite and conducted nuclear tests. You can try to twist the facts to deceive the American people but not the entire world. Fact is when an ICBM or SLBM will be launched at America, it will not care whether the target is a super power or a failed state, nor will any delusions(Look at us we are mighty advanced with huge economy, so we cant be killed :rofl:) save the American people from a nuclear strike. If America is going to annihilate any nation then it will be sheer stupidity to think that the subject will go down with a fight.

i thought pakistan's nuclear capability was explicitly meant to be anti india, and wasnt something anyone else need worry about. At least that's what some of my pakistani friends tell me. Has that policy changed now?

i thought pakistan's nuclear capability was explicitly meant to be anti india, and wasnt something anyone else need worry about. At least that's what some of my pakistani friends tell me. Has that policy changed now?

Maybe; but the primary reason for having nuclear weapons is to make sure Pakistan isn't invaded; by any country be it India or the US.

Exactly right.

The US can obliterate Pakistan's military capability without breaking a sweat. The only deterrence is to make it crystal clear that, if they miss even one single nuke, it WILL detonate in Tel Aviv.

When you can credibly threaten the master, the bulldog will stay put.

What preventing pakistan now saying...

Give palestine or nuke tel alviv.

Pakistan's nuclear capabilities are for defense against any enemy. Be it India or USA.

When you can credibly threaten the master, the bulldog will stay put.

Assuming your premise about who is USA's master (which is incorrect BTW), would it not follow that the master will be protected even better than the bulldog? Exhibiting unneeded belligerence against Israel, which has no direct issue with Pakistan, will only be detrimental to Pakistan's interests.

What preventing pakistan now saying...
Give palestine or nuke tel alviv.

That's not it; we'd like the Israel/Palestinian conflict to end as soon as possible, and a solid, world-recognised Palestinian state to be established, and the exiled Palestinians to be given the right to return to their homeland, all without conflict or war.
The nuking Tel-Aviv part is a deterrence to the US; as Israel is the most important nation for them. It's to make sure they don't try anything funny with us.
But in case they do, do know Tel-Aviv will be 'flattened' (as Aryan puts it)

Your subjective views here, have no bearing on reality. The whole world also saw shaky America when NK was about to test a satellite and conducted nuclear tests. You can try to twist the facts to deceive the American people but not the entire world. Fact is when an ICBM or SLBM will be launched at America, it will not care whether the target is a super power or a failed state, nor will any delusions(Look at us we are mighty advanced with huge economy, so we cant be killed :rofl:) save the American people from a nuclear strike. If America is going to annihilate any nation than it will be sheer stupidity to think that the subject will go down with a fight.

You are twisting words and bringing your own conclusion..whos talking about annihilating any nation ? That will be stupid or foolish. Was Iraq annahilated , Af annahilated ?
Sure - you may lob a few ICBM's at US - US cities will be hit and people will be killed - there will be damage..(this is huge assumption). I dont even know how these missiles will reach mainland - with the technological advances US has.

But the following actions will make sure that missile bases are totally destroyed and not worthy to be fired again...ANd please lets keep the false sense of bravado out ....Nations and politics does not work that way - The whole world did not see America shaking when NK did a test of satellite...instead the whole world saw a absolutely worthless regime doing a testing of technology which can spell doom for its neighbours. Do you give great points to NK for being a model state - looks like you do ? Or your hatred of US is so high that it really doesnt matter who does what - if it is against US then wallah it should be applauded. America obviously being a ally to SK had to up the ante - they dont prefer to be mute spectators !

You are twisting words and bringing your own conclusion..whos talking about annihilating any nation ? That will be stupid or foolish. Was Iraq annahilated , Af annahilated ?

Heavily crippled and their resources robbed of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom