What's new

Why India purchasing Pilatus PC-7 instant of Pilatus PC-21?

India has got some very good indigenously built trainer aircraft's so why buying it from other countries.

India has got some very good indigenously built trainer aircraft's so why buying it from other countries.

to train on the Rafale and Super Sukhois that they are getting this year ""silly wabbit tricks are for kids""":P

Thank you Come Again :cheers:

Dear Friends,

Have a look both trainers and let me know, why we selected Pilatus PC-7 instant of Pilatus PC-21?

I think Pilatus PC-21 is more advance and can use for primary Basic training role also can use for intermediate and advance training if needed...

Pilatus PC-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pilatus PC-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The price difference is two and half time over the PC-7. Besides, Indian pilots to be, finish with PC-7 as a first step, then they graduate in Hawk, which is more sophisticated than PC-21.

The price difference is two and half time over the PC-7. Besides, Indian pilots to be, finish with PC-7 as a first step, then they graduate in Hawk, which is more sophisticated than PC-21.

is that Bae hawk that india uses if so then why did the swiss retired their hawks and went to pc-21 may india is doing the same thing with their hawks and using pc-7

"thank you come again":cheers:

Dear Friends,

Have a look both trainers and let me know, why we selected Pilatus PC-7 instant of Pilatus PC-21?

I think Pilatus PC-21 is more advance and can use for primary Basic training role also can use for intermediate and advance training if needed...

Because India needed a basic trainer only. We already have the hawks for advanced training, and will induct Sitara for intermediate training soon(hopefully). Three different aircrafts for these roles gives much more comprehensive training to pilots than making do with one type for both training regimes, which is done by small sized air forces with limited means.

For basic training, PC-7 is all that is needed. PC-21 is more expensive, and unnecessary for us, who have the hawks and sitaras, which will be much superior for advanced and intermediate training.

I also some time think when we make 4+ generation plane than we can't make basic trainers. It should be indigenous fly machine.
I don't know how I can show my frustration....

Because India needed a basic trainer only. We already have the hawks for advanced training, and will induct Sitara for intermediate training soon(hopefully). Three different aircrafts for these roles gives much more comprehensive training to pilots than making do with one type for both training regimes, which is done by small sized air forces with limited means.

For basic training, PC-7 is all that is needed. PC-21 is more expensive, and unnecessary for us, who have the hawks and sitaras, which will be much superior for advanced and intermediate training.

Yes, u may be right...

is that Bae hawk that india uses if so then why did the swiss retired their hawks and went to pc-21 may india is doing the same thing with their hawks and using pc-7

Swiss is different story, that was 1987 stock, while India has the latest.

And please change yr style; as momins are not allowed to cheers, its haram.

dude swiss hawks were retired in 2003..its only that later they replaced those with their own aircrafts....again Indian p-7 is for basic training role while we operate hawks for advance training!!..hope you get it!

to train on the Rafale and Super Sukhois that they are getting this year ""silly wabbit tricks are for kids""":P

Thank you Come Again :cheers:

Still these two models are turboprop. They cant be used for advanced jet training but rather for basics.

you an du*b or what do u know the difference betweeen a jet trainer and a turboprop trainer

Dear Friends,

because we already have very good advance taining aircrafts as hawks.....all we needed was a basic training aircraft and pc-7 suits better for that role!!

I also some time think when we make 4+ generation plane than we can't make basic trainers. It should be indigenous fly machine.

@ Rajesh, Su 30 MKI isn't an Indian designed plane and the manufacturing being done in India is Russian assisted. Further there is no point in comparing a propeller and jet machine. But the root cause is there is not much of Avaiation manufacturing industry in india other than government controlled HAL. Infact if you see the history only sucessful fighter to ever developed entirely indegeniously is Marut (that too with a lot of design help from German designer Kurt Tank) and the ongoing LCA project.

iaf_hf-24_d-1121.jpg

Maybe 25-30 years from now we may get to see an entirely indian designed fighter (FGFA is a joint indo-russian project and AMCA is another ambitious project which we hope bears fruit).

I don't know how I can show my frustration....

Well you are not alone! Fanboys and IAF do have similar frustration.

Back
Top Bottom