What's new

Why India purchasing Pilatus PC-7 instant of Pilatus PC-21?

Definition of AJT can be changed from forces-force. IAF force to swich towards AJT bez of higher crash rate. As for PAF, there is funding problems thats why they didnt go for AJT 7 K8 iss doing fine job. Beside of that PAF uses light A/C which are pretty good for handling compare to larger A/C like mki/SH.

I was just talking about aircraft like JF-Thunder as it is just Light weight Combat aircraft so we don't need an advanced trainers. If there is any dual seat variant planned for JF-thunder then we wont be buying any Advanced trainers at all. I have only got OK knowledge of aircraft's so you are probably right.

It's not about whether it is light weight or not, today's aircrafts are a lot easier to fly and handle than earlier generation ones, because of FBW and other pilot friendly features. The mig-21 was notoriously difficult to handle, and is a very unforgiving aircraft to fly - one small mistake, and you are toast. Today's aircrafts with new gen avionics will make sure that pilots don't accidentally take the machine beyond dangerous limits (though such safety measures can be overriden manually for special scenarios).

When the mig-21s entered service in the IAF, only veteran pilots with hundreds of flight hours would fly them, since they were one of the most sophisticated aircrafts in the world at the time, and the most sophisticated in the IAF. However, with the introduction of mig 29s, mirages etc later in the IAF, young pilots were sent to the mig 21 squadrons, whereas more experienced ones flew the more sophisticated aircrafts (later of course the MKI). That is why we had a lot of problems with mig 21s crashing, because rookie pilots graduated from basic/intermediate trainers to these mach 2 mig 21s that were very difficult to master, and required great piloting skills.

Oh I know pretty damn well what you are trying to do fella
LOL is that from SHemus the WWE SUperstar, "well i dont know you sneaky little Fella you can P1ss off" i think thats how he would say it

thank you come Again :cheers:

Dear Friends,

Have a look both trainers and let me know, why we selected Pilatus PC-7 instant of Pilatus PC-21?

I think Pilatus PC-21 is more advance and can use for primary Basic training role also can use for intermediate and advance training if needed...

Pilatus PC-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pilatus PC-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is incredibly simple. The IAF were after a BTT (Basic Turboprop Trainer) to replace the HPT-32 DEEPAK. The PC-7 MK.2 fits the IAF's criteria perfectly and is an excellent trainer for pilots to learn the basics of flight. The PC-21 however is an Advanced Jet Trainer (AJT) and as the IAF is going to field the, arguably, more advanced and turbofan-powered BAE HAWK MK.132 AJT in CERY large numbers there is simply no need for the turboprop PC-21. If the IAF had gone for the PC-21 the BTT gap would have still existed and this could create a serious hazard down the road for the IAF where its pilots are not even trained on BTTs.

Whilst the PC-7 and PC-21 look similar on the outside one only has to compare the cockpits and missions computers of the two to see they are very different Machines intended for very different purposes.

lol, There is no such string attached. If any country is buying certain type of fighter than he also buy few dual seater version of fighter for training.

In 60-70s pilot trained in IJT than fly some older a/c which was little better than IJT & experienced pilots used to fly Mach2 capable fighters. But 90s, the scenario was changed, pilot 1st come directly on mach2 capable older platform directly after IJT. So that was pretty tough for pilots & now a/c are too big which also demands more skills from pilots. So AJT came in screen for these shortcomings.

Definition of AJT can be changed from forces-force. IAF force to swich towards AJT bez of higher crash rate. As for PAF, there is funding problems thats why they didnt go for AJT 7 K8 iss doing fine job. Beside of that PAF uses light A/C which are pretty good for handling compare to larger A/C like mki/SH.

ab pakistan 10-15 plane to pure karidata hai unmein se bhi 2-3 trainer version karidega to ladega kise.:rofl:

ab pakistan 10-15 plane to pure karidata hai unmein se bhi 2-3 trainer version karidega to ladega kise.:rofl:

The trainer versions are usually fully combat capable, and sometimes they are preferred for strike missions, over the single seaters.

Back
Top Bottom