What's new

Why India, Pakistan and China cannot live like Europe?

i have not started this thread for blame game.The people who believe in blame game please don't write in this thread. Only likely minded peoples are required who can help me in making some organization to do something for our goodness.Else our countries will always keeps asking for aids from western countries. Situation is very bad and you will only know this when u talk with western peoples about Asia. they say us fool who don't have proper clothes to wear,proper to food to eat but have lot of money for fighting each other.I know that India is not saint as well as Pakistan."Taali ek haath se nahin bajati"

For common good we have to respect each others right to exist. And plans like greater Indian should be given up. It's all about peaceful co-existance. Live and let live.:pakistan:

Muse, touchy point .... whats ur take on regulation?. The subprime crisis convinced me of need for regulation

Regulation is a must, however; regulation is not restriction, it is restriction to legal trade that we should like to see tackled and a more free playing field, open to all legal players - Customs union, that's where it's at.

Why India, Pak, China, etc cannot live like Europe.We have lot of hate for each other. The Visa formalities are very difficult. Look at Europe, they can travel to any country without Visa. We always believe in West countries. Take example of India, Pak whenever any problem comes they run to Western countries. I Would like praise china here for not doing so.

Can we youth of all the Asian countries come together and do something unprecedented to make everything correct and become more powerful region then Europe or America.

Waiting for your suggestions.

China and Pakistan can live in harmony with each other. The only problem is with India.

It is indeed laudable that there are ppl who think this way. There is also no need to reiterate that fact that India , China & Pak have more to gain by staying together than the way they are presently poised.
However, look back & see which Asian region has been able to overlook their past & move ahead..
1. N & S korea .. No
2. China – Japan .. No
3. Ind – china .. No
4. Ind – Pak …No
5. Af – Pak.. No
6. Middle East..No
7. China – Taiwan..No
8. Iran – Iraq..No

It has to do with the way we Asians are built & think. We have long memories, large egos, a ever present desire to ‘ avenge’ ir respective of the fact that we too may have been at fault.

We just don’t want to lose face & let go & have the last word.

It will be the era of Asians,
But It will also be a long way to unified our value together.

NO one is interested to do anything. Ok... Live like this always.

What happened, getting frustrated just in 2 days and 22 posts?

What were your expectations, you will walk into a defence forum with Indian and Pakistani membership, post a Gandhi/Mandela like post and suddenly everyone will start flying doves of peace and co-operation.

You have picked up a cool nick for youself Peace Maker, do you know how hard a peace maker has to work? Mandela was 22 years in Jail and Gandhi starved himself for decades to achieve something. They did much more than making a post in forum and having a pleasent sounding idea.

Welcome to the real world my friend. What you are suggesting could not be done in 62 years and you want to alter the prejudices in 2 days. If you firmly beleive in the idea, then work for it in forum, interact with Pakistanis and win their trust and friendship. After that you can start to expect some good response from them, leave alone a mutual agreement.

Path of peace is the longest and the hardest. If you choose this, be prepared for a long haul. On the other thread I read some derogatory comments about Pakistan. So you want to be a messenger of peace on your own thread and a different person on another. Dont speak from more than one orifice and don't pretent what you are not.

Best of luck in your venture for "Peace Making" and EU style coalition in the subcontinent. I might be the happiest person if and when it happens, but I have no clues as to how we go about achieving it.

What happened, getting frustrated just in 2 days and 22 posts?

What were your expectations, you will walk into a defence forum with Indian and Pakistani membership, post a Gandhi/Mandela like post and suddenly everyone will start flying doves of peace and co-operation.

You have picked up a cool nick for youself Peace Maker, do you know how hard a peace maker has to work? Mandela was 22 years in Jail and Gandhi starved himself for decades to achieve something. They did much more than making a post in forum and having a pleasent sounding idea.

Welcome to the real world my friend. What you are suggesting could not be done in 62 years and you want to alter the prejudices in 2 days. If you firmly beleive in the idea, then work for it in forum, interact with Pakistanis and win their trust and friendship. After that you can start to expect some good response from them, leave alone a mutual agreement.

Path of peace is the longest and the hardest. If you choose this, be prepared for a long haul. On the other thread I read some derogatory comments about Pakistan. So you want to be a messenger of peace on your own thread and a different person on another. Dont speak from more than one orifice and don't pretent what you are not.

Best of luck in your venture for "Peace Making" and EU style coalition in the subcontinent. I might be the happiest person if and when it happens, but I have no clues as to how we go about achieving it.

thanks For ur Advise!
I joined this forum 3 days back. I was not knowing all the Pakistanis have hate for us. I was thinking that only our leaders are like this.But after joining the forum I found all the Pakistani hate Indians. For everything they curse Indians.

I am not a Gandhi nor Mandela, I am a common man.I don't have patience like them.I also don't want to go to jail aswell. I think it was by mistake to start this thread. If they hate us so much why cannot we.

And regarding my derogatory comments on other forums.I have written those i am accepting it.But i have written it after reading lots of thread when I found 99% Pakistanis hate Indian.

Europe is a small place with smaller population. India/China/Pak will make the Union so big that it wont hold itself.

thanks For ur Advise!
I joined this forum 3 days back. I was not knowing all the Pakistanis have hate for us. I was thinking that only our leaders are like this.But after joining the forum I found all the Pakistani hate Indians. For everything they curse Indians.

I am not a Gandhi nor Mandela, I am a common man.I don't have patience like them.I also don't want to go to jail aswell. I think it was by mistake to start this thread. If they hate us so much why cannot we.

And regarding my derogatory comments on other forums.I have written those i am accepting it.But i have written it after reading lots of thread when I found 99% Pakistanis hate Indian.

but we like hindi films/songs....

dil dundta hai pir woohi ..
phursat key raat din..
baythey rahey tasawoorey ..
jaana ley huaye..

thanks For ur Advise!

You asked for the impossible. You loaded yourself with hyperboles and you judged Pakistanis from the 1% that frequent the internet.

Pakistan and India are like ghoda and ghaas. If the ghoda befriends the ghaas, then pray, what is he going to eat :D

The geopolitical reality is that both India and Pakistan are peace because they are enemies of each other.
Reduce this enemity and there will no reason for Pakistan and India to exist. Both nations will go back to their pre british era tribes.

It is indeed laudable that there are ppl who think this way. There is also no need to reiterate that fact that India , China & Pak have more to gain by staying together than the way they are presently poised.
However, look back & see which Asian region has been able to overlook their past & move ahead..
1. N & S korea .. No
2. China – Japan .. No
3. Ind – china .. No
4. Ind – Pak …No
5. Af – Pak.. No
6. Middle East..No
7. China – Taiwan..No
8. Iran – Iraq..No

It has to do with the way we Asians are built & think. We have long memories, large egos, a ever present desire to ‘ avenge’ ir respective of the fact that we too may have been at fault.

We just don’t want to lose face & let go & have the last word.

Not really true. Europe has existed and had problems with each other for 200 years . The first world war was pretty much a European one and the second was Europe + US +Japan. It is only in the last 50 years that Europe has learned to live comfortably amongst each other. Even in that case, Communism/Capitalism divided them until 1989. In about 20 years they managed to unite themselves.
Canada and US existed for 150 years before they stopped fighting. Same with Mexico US.

My point is that basically it takes a while before boundaries are solidified and nations find their place in the world.

All the problems in Asia you listed above started after 1950 (except japan-china).Good things also happened. In this period India managed to stitch a bunch of kingdoms and ex-british territories into a Union which rivals EU in size. China integrated its territories and put in place a central administration. We are still figuring out our place in the world and borders are getting drawn clearly. Given enough time China and India have to recognize the benefits of free movement of people. Same with Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan etc.

As is usual, muse is the most wise person here.

The US and Europe are prosperous primarily because they form an economic union. Unfortunately, a good economic union also requires some basic compatibilities of laws. Otherwise, people, goods and investments cannot flow around the union seeking their best usage. The EU demonstrates that a totally politically integrated union is not needed, like the US. However, weak unions, such as the Latin American Free Trade Zone, are not sufficient. The bottom line is that to have a strong economic union, some soverignity must be surrendered by the union members to the whole, the union. The US state governments and a federal government is an extreme model for an economic union. If a union of Pakistan, India and China were to emerge, it would first require the "elephants", India and China, to give up their export oriented economies in favor of a focus on economic activity with each other. Pakistan would then tag along. Not happening in this generation .....

Last edited:
hello,

I believe peace is the only way south asia will ever see any kind of development, I think many of you think it simply isn't feasible, but the way I see it, we have to keep trying, we have to start somewhere and if that fails we have to try again.

Pakistan today finds itself in one hell of a mess, now would be a great time for India to extend a hand of friendship and help them rehabilitate the millions of people who've been displaced by all the fighting. India is busy providing aid to afghanistan and sri lanka, I'm sure we could help Pakistan too, that would go a long way in building trust and establishing some sort of credibility.

I understand our history has been messy but one small step at a time and one day many years from now our borders might start to look like the US-Canada border. (they also fought a war or two as far as I know)

Here's an opinion about the same from Indian Army Cheif:

This clip from a 2007 interview with former Indian Armed Forces Chief, Mr. Shankar Roy Chaudhry, highlights Indian desire for an EU style federation with Pakistan (and other SARC countries) to promote growth and stability in South Asian region. Mr. Roy states clearly that he considers Pakistanis and Indians to be "one people" who were "part of the same entity" before Partition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom