What's new

Why do some pakistani students in the middle-east study in Indian schools ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my friends circle, I know only one Pakistani family which had their children in a school with Indian slaybus. One of the children is now doctor in Pakistan. The conversion as per normal standard of Federal Education Board.
In GCC the issue is more economical, depending upon school fee/transportation fee/school's distance etc. The quality education is only in the range of those who are well established or welpaid.

OP says pakistani schools are cheaper, who is right then?

Pakistani schools are very cheap. But their services are also pretty cheap. Up until they passed a law, most pakistani schools including the likes of pak islamia used Maruti omni type vehicles to ferry students. They would be pretty crammed too. Dysfunctional air-conditioners, bad canteen, incompetent teachers, and PT teachers who ask boys to bare their derrieres for spanking, are all hallmarks of the quintessential "bad-pakistani" schools of the middle-east. That being said, there are still a few slightly decent ones.

Regardless, this still doesn't make sense. There are hundreds of government schools and even more A/O level schools littered throughout the region.

What's really funny is that these students get to learn Indian history and pakistan invasion of kashmir stories. The really funny part is when they have to draw our Indian map prescribed by the CBSE. If any of them have had any pdf experience, they would either quit or commit suicide :lol:

I'm just kidding, but its still funny they have to learn our history and "bad-jinnah" thing.

What's really funny is that these students get to learn Indian history and pakistan invasion of kashmir stories. The really funny part is when they have to draw our Indian map prescribed by the CBSE. If any of them have had any pdf experience, they would either quit or commit suicide :lol:

I'm just kidding, but its still funny they have to learn our history and "bad-jinnah" thing.

Have u urself studied in CBSE???:what:

If u had ever studied in CBSE u would have know that there is no Indian history beyond 1947 in CBSE text books n not even a mention of kashmir conflict or creation of Bangladesh.

Plus there is no 'Bad Jinnah' thing either.

Heck history is a mere 20 marks subject in tenth standard n is filled with Buddhist stupas, Ancient Hindu Temples n Muslim Mosques architecture n stuff.

However, those poor Pakistani souls might not be able to appreciate Auragzeb, Mahmmad bin qasim or Gawaz e hind....:omghaha:

^i remember having to learn the un-adulaterated Indian map.

^i remember having to learn the un-adulaterated Indian map.

Ya thats true, i myself came to know about the real map only in 10th standard that too through my English teacher :omghaha: bcoz she was an Army officer's wife...:)

This is crazy,i know Pak guys who did O/A levels and then struggling to fit into Pak education system a sthey often lack urdu/pak studies in their higher secondary levels.

O levels Urdu/Pak studies can be given separately later on (These are optional in A levels). They're pretty easy. Pak studies and Islamic studies are rote learned and you don't need to give the Urdu Literature exam, the watered down Urdu B will suffice, unless you want to pursue it later on. Very straightforward courses. Nothing tricky. I've done O/A levels and thousands of other kids do it every year in Pakistan.

I was referring to the validity factor my friend.

Shouldn't be that big a problem, I think. The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan gives out equivalence certificates for non recognized diplomas/degrees from world over.

@Aeronaut: Show us thy magic in pages 1 and 2, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom