What's new

Why didn't Bangladesh adopt the Arabic writing system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is very simple, Does being a Muslim means being an Arab??

I dunno the answer, I think the answer is NO. Correct me if I am wrong. I do see some from the sub-continent going head over heels to prove that his ancestors were Arab. BTW who gives a damn. I am happy that Bangladeshis have not lost everything to the invasion. They have managed to keep their mother tongue and culture alive. Feel pity for those who have either lost it, or do not want to accept their lineage.

Why don't you Indians follow your own advice.

Please turn on your Televisions and see how your Public cannot speak two words of Hindi without adding 10 words or for that matter 10 next sentences of English. You people suffer from an extreme case of Inferiority Complex. You are awed by the Western Languages and Culture. Majority of people in India who are educated have to prove they speak English to validate their social status and their self worth.

You are the last people on Earth to be lecturing others about taking pride in one's own culture.

Please turn on your Televisions and see how your Public cannot speak two words of Hindi without adding 10 words or for that matter 10 next sentences of English. You people suffer from an extreme case of Inferiority Complex. You are awed by the Western Languages and Culture. Majority of people in who are educated have to prove they speak English well to validate their social status.

You are the last people on Earth to be lecturing others about taking pride in one's own culture.

Even their clothes and culture has been screwed by the west ... and bollywood.

lol.... bollywood is screwing your country aswell....

Not really kid..not even close... we still wear our traditional clothes... and gf bf culture or disco,live in... etc culture isnt "in" and are taboo unlike india.. where u people have been fooled into thinking tht everything western is cool!

Not really kid..not even close... we still wear our traditional clothes... and gf bf culture or disco,live in... etc culture isnt "in" and are taboo unlike india.. where u people have been fooled into thinking tht everything western is cool!
hahaha don't worry nawaz sharif is out to change that ;)

My question is very simple, Does being a Muslim means being an Arab??

No it doesn't. Islam is for the whole of mankind not just arabs and prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to the whole of mankind by Allah(swt) as the last and final prophet and messenger. That's what we muslim believe.

I dunno the answer, I think the answer is NO.

Then don't jump to assumptions showing your hate to muslims and Islam. See post no. 28 of mine.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...bangladesh-adopt-arabic-writing-system-2.html
I do see some from the sub-continent going head over heels to prove that his ancestors were Arab.

Why should we to begin with. Arabs are nothing special. A arab is not superior than an non-arab and neither a non-arab is superior to an arab except in God consciousness and piety.That's what our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said. Ethnicity and ethnic pride has no place in Islam. Don't judge Islam by action of some racist ''muslim''. Islam is best represented by Prophet (pbuh) and his companions who understood the Quran best.

BTW who gives a damn.

Exactly who gives a damn. No body should but seems you hindutva islamophobes do.

I am happy that Bangladeshis have not lost everything to the invasion.

Don't get what U are farting about. Why should we lose anything. Islam gave us everything we have today.

They have managed to keep their mother tongue and culture alive.

Was there any reason for not keeping our mother tongue? See post 28. And we have our own unique culture. BD is not the same as WB as many of U Indian tend to believe.

Feel pity for those who have either lost it, or do not want to accept their lineage.

Who would that be.Btw I really feel pity for you trolls that your ancestors couldn't free themselves from the shackles of superstition and darkness. There right back at ya. ;)

Why didn't Bangladesh adopt the Arabic alphabet like Iran, north Africa, Pakistan
Afghanistan and many other muslim countries?

The script and rules of reading and writing in Pakistan is not really "Arabic" its actually Persian, and we have adopted that because of our interaction with the Persians in our region over the centuries, Iran is our neighbour and was once a super power.
They contributed to our culture and we contributed to theirs.

I don't know if Bangladesh had any interaction with the Persians like we did. So I guess they never got to taste Persian language, thus its not really a part of their culture.

Please turn on your Televisions and see how your Public cannot speak two words of Hindi without adding 10 words or for that matter 10 next sentences of English. You people suffer from an extreme case of Inferiority Complex. You are awed by the Western Languages and Culture. Majority of people in India who are educated have to prove they speak English to validate their social status and their self worth.

I think majority of these Indians are like that. Mocking islam and muslims subtly. Imagine they call the spreading of Islam in the subcontinent as invasion in the same line with sugar coated words about BD. Epic trolls with astonishing levels of Islamophobic bigotry. Hell this whole thread is for that purpose.

Funny... coz hes more of a extremist supporter... who wants to stop WOT,and his ministers meet hafiz saeed,SSP etc.

there are two ways Pakistan can go, one is to improve economy and turn the country into a secular (to stem Taliban's influence) one in which case what happened in India will also happen in Pakistan. the other is the total breakdown of the country with either the Taliban or military coming to power in which case country will probably have a civil war on its hand. i agree with you that some of the values Bollywood advertises aren't good for traditional communities in south Asia but its better than civil war or talibanisation. there is no middle ground possible, i believe Pakistan is at a crossroads where it must choose or it will be swept away in violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom