What's new

Why didn't Bangladesh adopt the Arabic writing system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were five original writing systems.

All current writing systems except Chinese were developed from ancient Egyptian/Sumerian writing systems.

Egyptian/Sumerian were Arabs, I guess. So, we probably can say Bangladesh did adopt the Arabic writing system, although not from modern Arabic writing system.

They were semitic, not Arab. Arabs are people who speak Arabic.

There are two hypothesis of origin Brahmi scripts - originated from Aramic, originated from Harappan script.

Harappan is more likely origin than semitic (semitic mind you, not Arabic) because of the sheer difference between Aramic language and indo aryans.

There were five original writing systems.

All current writing systems except Chinese were developed from ancient Egyptian/Sumerian writing systems.

Egyptian/Sumerian were Arabs, I guess. So, we probably can say Bangladesh did adopt the Arabic writing system, although not from modern Arabic writing system.

That sums it up basically. If you're just guessing and skimming over Chinese google results, without researching authentic academic papers, such absolute statements are worthless. To say that there have only been five 'independent' writing systems in history is so ridiculously stupid, that it leaves little to be said. I won't discuss the debates in academia around evolutionary linguistics and phonetic representations, which has no such conclusion even remotely being established, for fear of it going straight over your head.

but just one small point on the discovered artifacts used as premise for your argument. you do realize, in parts of the world that saw heavy foreign migration and invasions, it would have been difficult to preserve some 'authentic' writing on a dog bone like China, don't you? languages had thrived and were often passed down orally for thousands of years, as in the case of early vedic works, not to mention the dravidian oral tradition that goes back dozens of millennia. though the oldest written form of such verses/hymns/texts is not established and still an area of academic contention and research, stating confidently that x number of writing systems are the only 'independent' (nuanced is an understatement) ones actually reveals less about the subject matter than about yourself, to those who are informed.

Don't be silly,
Urdu is a mixture of Arabic and Persian, with influence of local subcontinent languages.

Hindi is a mixture of local subcontinent languages and Persian / Arabic influence.

You should read up on so many words you use in "Hindi" and find out they are actually Arabic or Farsi words.

As for you last question, the answer is that the Muslims brought with them not Arabic but Persian mainly.
And the muslims of subcontinent did adapt as much as Arabic + Persian as possible, the result is called Urdu.
The effect of the above culture gave birth of the language you call Hind
i.

Whole load of crap. Why don't you guys at-least research or read about a subject before enforcing 'views' as facts?

Whole load of crap. Why don't you guys at-least research or read about a subject before enforcing 'views' as facts?

And the thought did not cross your mind that maybe I have done the research ?

As a native speaker of Urdu, I would know more or you ?
Did you see the flag in my profile ? it is there for a reason.

Now, do the research and come back.

And the thought did not cross your mind that maybe I have done the research ?

As a native speaker of Urdu, I would know more or you ?
Did you see the flag in my profile ? it is there for a reason.

Now, do the research and come back.

Your flag or being a native speaker makes no difference. Your post shows you have no knowledge of the subject matter. Please research origin of language Hindi and Urdu. Clue - One step back you will get Khariboli. Now, please search, study and come back.

Your flag or being a native speaker makes no difference. Your post shows you have no knowledge of the subject matter. Please research origin of language Hindi and Urdu. Clue - One step back you will get Khariboli. Now, please search, study and come back.

Look. Dear boy.

Look at this way.
India was rules by Muslims, who spoke Persian and Arabic.
The language of the court was Persian.
Thus the language of the locals adapted to assimilate the language of the rulers ( Muslims with Persian and Arabic background).

You are trying to argue that the language of the rulers changed for the subjects.

now, find a map and have a look at the areas which were predominantly under Muslim rulers (Northern Sub continent).

You will notice that those are the areas which speak Urdu/Hindi. Whereas South Indians hardly know these languages; same is the case for Bengal.

I can understand your enthusiasm, I am aware of your lack of reasoning skills.
You have to believe what you have been taught through your biased history teachers.

Anything else would highlight hundreds of years of Muslims rule and Hindu subjects.

Look. Dear boy.

Look at this way.
Thus the language of the locals adapted to assimilate the language of the rulers ( Muslims with Persian and Arabic background).

You are trying to argue that the language of the rulers changed for the subjects.

You have to believe what you have been taught through your biased history teachers.

Anything else would highlight hundreds of years of Muslims rule and Hindu subjects.

Clue - One step back you will get Khariboli. Before that you will get Hindustani. Then you can look for various versions of the now called Hindi family (Western, Central and Eastern) One step back and you will get Prakrit. Now the influence of Persian exists, but to call Urdu a language formed by Persian and Arabic is false and not a fact. Now, I request you to go to the library before making a fool of yourself. Please do not assume, I do not understand the subject matter.

And just to make you look foolish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hindi

Look. Dear boy.

Look at this way.

The dialect upon which Standard Hindi is based is khadiboli, the vernacular of Delhi and the surrounding western Uttar Pradesh and southern Uttarakhand region. This dialect acquired linguistic prestige in the Mughal Empire (17th century) and became known as Urdu, "the language of the court." As noted and referenced in History of Hindustani, prior to the independence of India and Pakistan, it was not referred to as Urdu but as Hindustani. After independence, the Government of India set about standardising Hindi as a separate language from Urdu.

Why didn't Bangladesh adopt the Arabic alphabet like Iran, north Africa, Pakistan
Afghanistan and many other muslim countries?

My question is very simple, Does being a Muslim means being an Arab??

I dunno the answer, I think the answer is NO. Correct me if I am wrong. I do see some from the sub-continent going head over heels to prove that his ancestors were Arab. BTW who gives a damn. I am happy that Bangladeshis have not lost everything to the invasion. They have managed to keep their mother tongue and culture alive. Feel pity for those who have either lost it, or do not want to accept their lineage.

Why didn't Bangladesh adopt the Arabic alphabet like Iran, north Africa, Pakistan
Afghanistan and many other muslim countries?

My question is very simple, Does being a Muslim means being an Arab??

I dunno the answer, I think the answer is NO. Correct me if I am wrong. I do see some from the sub-continent going head over heels to prove that his ancestors were Arab. BTW who gives a damn. I am happy that Bangladeshis have not lost everything to the invasion. They have managed to keep their mother tongue and culture alive. Feel pity for those who have either lost it, or do not want to accept their lineage.

The dialect upon which Standard Hindi is based is khadiboli, the vernacular of Delhi and the surrounding western Uttar Pradesh and southern Uttarakhand region. This dialect acquired linguistic prestige in the Mughal Empire (17th century) and became known as Urdu, "the language of the court." As noted and referenced in History of Hindustani, prior to the independence of India and Pakistan, it was not referred to as Urdu but as Hindustani. After independence, the Government of India set about standardising Hindi as a separate language from Urdu, instituting the following conventions.

Sweety .... you are suggesting Urdu was the language of the court .. the Muslim intervention is older than the language urdu.

Go around the Moghul monuments ... have you ever seen any urdu written on them ?

It is Persian if not Arabic.

Tell me honestly .. did you even open your history books once ?

Sweety .... you are suggesting Urdu was the language of the court .. the Muslim intervention is older than the language urdu.

Go around the Moghul monuments ... have you ever seen any urdu written on them ?

Most of the grammar and basic vocabulary of Hindustani descends directly from the medieval language of central India, known as Sauraseni. After the tenth century, several Sauraseni dialects were elevated to literary languages, or khari boli ("standing dialects"), including Braj Bhasha, Awadhi and the language of Delhi; the latter still goes by the name Khari Boli in the rural areas outside the city of Delhi itself. During the reigns of the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughal Empire, where Persian was adopted as the official language and Delhi was established as their capital, the imperial court and concomitant immigration infused the Delhi dialect with large numbers of Persian, Arabic, and Chagatai Turkic words from the court; the introduced words were primarily nouns and were employed for cultural, legal and political concepts. The new court language developed simultaneously in Delhi and Lucknow, the latter of which is in an Awadhi-speaking area; thus, modern Hindustani has a noticeable Awadhi influence even though it is based primarily on Khari Boli.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hindustani

You know what, here enjoy. A pakistani paper saying where it originates from. Learn. Educate yourself. Lke I said, your flag or learning to speak a language does not mean yo uknow about the language.

"In brief, Urdu is much older than just a few hundred years and its roots go right back to Sanskrit. At least, it has been established beyond doubt that Urdu is not a camp language."
By Dr. Rauf Parekh.
Dr Rauf Parekh has an MA and PhD from the University of Karachi. He is a former Chief Editor of the Urdu Dictionary Board, Federal Ministry of Education. He is the compiler of the first Slang Urdu Dictionary. He is a critic of Urdu literature and regularly contributes to a leading daily, Dawn Karachi. He is presently teaching at the Department of Urdu, University of Karachi.

Some myths are so deep-rooted that one has to work really hard to make people, especially students face facts. One such myth is about the origin of Urdu. Most of our students subscribe to the view that Urdu is a ‘lashkari zaban’ or ‘camp language’. With due apologies, let me add that even some of our teachers, too, believe in this old notion that was proved wrong long ago.

Full article Urdu and stop your debate, man you are way out of your depth here.

And SWEETY, stop making a fool of yourself.

You know what, here enjoy. A pakistani paper saying where it originates from. Learn.

"In brief, Urdu is much older than just a few hundred years and its roots go right back to Sanskrit. At least, it has been established beyond doubt that Urdu is not a camp language." By Dr. Rauf Parekh

Full article Urdu and stop your debate, man you are way out of your depth here.

Naah he wont learn. He is one of those guys who thinks muslims ruled over hindus when in all probability his and many other sub-continental muslim's ancestors too were ruled and lorded over by the Turkic/Uzbek/Arab rulers. Their fate was no better than their hindu counterparts :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom